Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    J.M. DEMATTEIS continues to spin new webs within the past, this time partnered with artist EDER MESSIAS! Revealing secrets and answering mysteries Spidey fans have been waiting for — prepare to explore the depths of what made Kraven the Hunter the powerhouse villain he was! As PETER PARKER and MARY JANE prepare for their new lives in Portland, a man from Kraven’s past stalks them. Who is this mystery man, and what does he want with SPIDER-MAN? Find out when we return to the time period after SPIDER-MAN: THE FINAL ADVENTURE when Peter Parker was POWERLESS!
    I bet Ben makes a cameo during it and JM was engaging in a bit of misdirection when he said he wouldn’t appear. On another note, Spider-Man: The Final Adventure is criminally underrated. I never hear anyone talk about it, but the writing and art are both top notch (even though the ending had to be changed). I find it funny that two of my favorite projects from this era, Final Adventure and Redemption, were both almost cancelled due to editorial changes happening behind the scenes (found this out from Life Of Reilly). Portland is such an interesting setting for Spidey adventures too. Can’t wait for this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I bet Ben makes a cameo during it and JM was engaging in a bit of misdirection when he said he wouldn’t appear. On another note, Spider-Man: The Final Adventure is criminally underrated. I never hear anyone talk about it, but the writing and art are both top notch (even though the ending had to be changed). I find it funny that two of my favorite projects from this era, Final Adventure and Redemption, were both almost cancelled due to editorial changes happening behind the scenes (found this out from Life Of Reilly). Portland is such an interesting setting for Spidey adventures too. Can’t wait for this.
    Same here. And I'm still waiting to check out Redemption, though for now, it seems the only way I can get that is to buy whatever volume of The Complete Ben Reilly Epic in which that's collected.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Looks promising. Especially the part about Peter and MJ being together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. And I'm still waiting to check out Redemption, though for now, it seems the only way I can get that is to buy whatever volume of The Complete Ben Reilly Epic in which that's collected.
    Yeah, unfortunately. I think it’s the last volume iirc but I’ll double check later. Not ideal, but at least it’s collected somewhere. I’m incensed that one of JM’s best stories, ‘The Child Within’, is impossible to get now. Not available in TPB, not even available digitally on Comixology or Marvel Unlimited. And finding my original copies from 30 years ago would be like finding a needle in a haystack. (It’s rotting in a box stuffed somewhere in a huge storage locker no one in my family has stepped foot in for 5 years lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have we not had Kraven's origin by this point...
    Did we? I know Kraven's Last Hunt has Kraven talking about it, but it's basically an info dump, no pictures are shown, nor is it that detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    we have too much kraven overall
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kraven turns out to be DeMatteis' favorite villain, guy really likes to write Kraven lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

"A man from Kraven's past" unless it's some new character, the only person I could imagine that has any reason to go after Peter would be Gregor, Vladimir Kravinov's assistant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    "A man from Kraven's past" unless it's some new character, the only person I could imagine that has any reason to go after Peter would be Gregor, Vladimir Kravinov's assistant.
    Yeah, last we saw of him, the narration promised that he was forming a 'plan of vengeance' after Kaine killed Vladimer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Wow, that’s a deep cut. I’m a super-fan that read every comic from that era and it still took me a minute to remember who you were referring to. I’m not sure even JM will go that obscure. Maybe it’s Chameleon, who JM depicted as Kraven’s whipping boy in flashbacks. Although in that case they’d probably just say Chameleon. So I’m going to put my money on “new character.”

BANNED

DeMatteis confirms Peter and MJ will be married in Lost Hunt.

https://twitter.com/JMDeMatteis/stat...12217125724160

This should be quite good.

Astonishing Member

People have pointed out that this retcons OMIT, since OMIt retconned their marriage completely.

It's also the first story since OMD that's set in 616 and has a married Peter and MJ. It's not a Renew Your Vows situation.

This is the best pushback against OMD since OMD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    People have pointed out that this retcons OMIT, since OMIt retconned their marriage completely.

It's also the first story since OMD that's set in 616 and has a married Peter and MJ. It's not a Renew Your Vows situation.

The one/two punch of a book focusing on both the marriage and the promise of Mayday is very crucial. They could have picked any setting to tell this story, they chose a phase where Peter and MJ were at their happiest expecting a child. This is the grown up Peter Parker of old. It's also unique in that they're going to show that Peter Parker will rely on his responsibility and not his power...a normal man caught up in an extraordinary situation. We've seen Peter backed into this corner before of course, even during his return in the Clone Saga ("Blood Brothers")

One thing is clear, we have to make a success out of it. It could go a long way to convince Marvel to produce more comics set in the 20 year time period Peter and MJ were wed, where it can all finally 'count', even if they still stubbornly hold on to post-OMD canon in the present day.

Astonishing Member

I'm definitely going to buy this for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Unless it's just seen as a new story set in the pre-OMD continuity, so irrelevant to post-OMD in terms of set up and obligation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless it's just seen as a new story set in the pre-OMD continuity, so irrelevant to post-OMD in terms of set up and obligation.
    If it's Kraven's origin story, it's going to matter one way or the other. We're getting closer and closer to Mephisto being revealed to have only altered memories, not the timeline.