Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    No other mascot of a company gets treated this badly
    In terms of superheroes, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Talking about Traveller before... with him returning to go after mutants now... why even bother? Why not just go hoe and make sweet, sweet Hippie sex with Chakra? *Shrugs*

As for The Lost Hunt, looking forward to it.
    Yeah, that would have been nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I may like to see a alternate universe we're both Peter and MJ with a happy family and Ben Reilly still the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And we will get another World War Hulk, inevitably.
    With how much Planet Hulk gets rehashed (From what I heard, Amadeus got it, She-Hulk got it, and then Cates was doing another version of it), it's surprising WWH isn't rehashed too lol

Ever heard of Sonic?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With how much Planet Hulk gets rehashed (From what I heard, Amadeus got it, She-Hulk got it, and then Cates was doing another version of it), it's surprising WWH isn't rehashed too lol

Ever heard of Sonic?
    touche touche but hey sonic might make a comeback. spider-man in the comics not anytime soon
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Ever heard of Sonic?
    touche touche but hey sonic might make a comeback. spider-man in the comics not anytime soon
    Hmm, sadly.

With Sonic Frontier coming around and looking really bland, I doubt Sonic will make a comeback anytime soon too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Solicitation for Issue Three

SPIDER-MAN: THE LOST HUNT #3 (OF 5)
    J.M. DEMATTEIS (W) • EDER MESSIAS (A)
    Cover by RYAN BROWN
    Variant Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    BROKEN!
    GREGOR continues the deconstruction of Peter Parker’s life, breaking him down physically and mentally.
    Enter the dreamscape of your nightmares, Spider-Man!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Solicitation for Issue Three
    This looks and sounds like it's going to be brutal.

BANNED

Very interesting comment from DeMatties on his blog about the series...he's treating it as it's own reality and as far as he's concerned, Peter and MJ get their happy ending at the end of it.

The only way to write a story like this is to treat it as the only reality. Meaning—whatever happened, continuity-wise, in later stories, can't exist in my head while I'm writing it. Pete and MJ are married, they're going to have a baby, and, as far as I'm concerned, they'll live happily ever after, too!

http://www.jmdematteis.com/2022/09/wall-crawling.html

I haven't quoted this, but he admits in another post on the same blog that it can be considered as taking place in the MC2 universe or possibly something similar

I guess that retroactively means the Ben Reilly miniseries belongs to this universe too
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-22-2022 at 03:50 AM.

Incredible Member

Supermans had a rough ride. He doesn’t even get to bank out movies or games to bolster him. Mind you DC has at least turned it around comics wise I think.

Astonishing Member

Very interesting comment from DeMatties on his blog about the series...he's treating it as it's own reality and as far as he's concerned, Peter and MJ get their happy ending at the end of it.

http://www.jmdematteis.com/2022/09/wall-crawling.html

I haven't quoted this, but he admits in another post on the same blog that it can be considered as taking place in the MC2 universe or possibly something similar

I guess that retroactively means the Ben Reilly miniseries belongs to this universe too
    Not necessarily. The BR mini was its own thing, and there’s nothing in there that excludes it from taking place in normal 616 continuity (sure, there’s a few very minor continuity errors like Ben’s inner monologue implying that the events of ‘Redemption’ taking place a lot earlier… but nothing that major).

I’d also be surprised if the Spidercide stuff isn’t followed up on one day.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 10-22-2022 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not necessarily. The BR mini was its own thing, and there’s nothing in there that excludes it from taking place in normal 616 continuity (sure, there’s a few very minor continuity errors like Ben’s inner monologue implying that the events of ‘Redemption’ taking place a lot earlier… but nothing that major).
    DeMatties has been pretty adamant Lost Hunt runs parallel to the BR series. No idea why he's specific about that unless he plans something for the future, but he also said it depends on getting another phone call to do more Ben.

Astonishing Member

DeMatties has been pretty adamant Lost Hunt runs parallel to the BR series. No idea why he's specific about that unless he plans something for the future, but he also said it depends on getting another phone call to do more Ben.
    Ultimately it isn’t up to him whether it takes place in continuity but whether future writers pick up any threads or subplots from the mini. Alan Moore also intended ‘Killing Joke’ to be out of continuity (I think DC mandated that Bats couldn’t explicitly be shown killing Joker at the end because they wanted it in continuity). Again I see nothing major that excludes the BR mini from taking place in 616, so in my own head-canon it does. Fwiw, it can take place in multiple continuities too… so it could take place in 616 and also take place in whatever continuity ‘Lost Hunt’ takes place in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    (I think DC mandated that Bats couldn’t explicitly be shown killing Joker at the end because they wanted it in continuity).
    It's weird, given their rivalry, that Grant Morrison respects KJ so much that in his headcanon the ending is Batman killing The Joker (with him getting better obviously)

uh.. so is this, uh, the "original" Kraven? I've lost track with the clones, resurrections, and so forth.