Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Does no one else feel its odd that Isca can just kill Sunspot because she's angry at him, and nothing really happens to her(yet, but I'm sure nothing will). Maybe the X-Men have accepted that's how the law/norms is on Arrkko. But resurrection protocols really has fundamentally changed them. Also can Krakoa resurrect Humans via the five if they have DNA/cerebro back up? Seems the waiting room is verified not to work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So, dumb question!

If Magneto's helmet shuts off mental powers (read psionic based powers) like Tarn's, then how does Magneto's powers work? Magneto's powers work on the psionic level just like most of the other OLM like Iceman or Storm.
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that Magneto's control over EM fields is physiological rather than mind based.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was REALLY GOOD.

I don't know what else to say, but DAMN. I knew Vulcan was going to lose the Boy can't fight. Full Power or not he's still inexperienced and lacks skill. And to see Isca lose and she freaks out LOL. This was WONDERFUL.
    The way Roberto played Isca was freakin’ gold! Loved that part. Cannot wait to see what’s in store for the Cable-Tbird-Manifold trio… I know I already said that, but still. Need some badass action from them soon. Also highly intrigued by the role Cable plays in the A.X.E. Judgment Day event and the X-men Red tie-ins. I feel that it has to be more than just dying at Uranos’ hands.

When does issue #4 come out now? Gonna be a long wait for me as I’m so eager for the next one.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed somewhere that Magneto's control over EM fields is physiological rather than mind based.
    I see! That would actually make sense since when he pushes himself it's his body that pays the cost.

Thanks.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

OMFG this was a phenomenal read. So much to take in... Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold plotting against Brand, or possibly setting up a third way on Arakko? Ewing's Ororo continues to be excellent but it's his take on Magneto that really shines on this issue. I love how he makes use of continuity (how long has it been since someone mentioned Anya, or Sunspot called Magneto "Headmaster") while being 100% in service of the characters. And then the challenge... I actually gasped when I realized how Bobby had played Isca's power against her. Truly brilliant work being done here, I hope Ewing sticks around the muties for a looooong time because he clearly has an appreciation and understanding of the characters that few writers have.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The way Roberto played Isca was freakin’ gold! Loved that part. Cannot wait to see what’s in store for the Cable-Tbird-Manifold trio… I know I already said that, but still. Need some badass action from them soon. Also highly intrigued by the role Cable plays in the A.X.E. Judgment Day event and the X-men Red tie-ins. I feel that it has to be more than just dying at Uranos’ hands.

When does issue #4 come out now? Gonna be a long wait for me as I’m so eager for the next one.
    OH don't worry. Cable and Manifold and Thunderbird is coming for Abigails ASS. And that I can't wait to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So, dumb question!

If Magneto's helmet shuts off mental powers (read psionic based powers) like Tarn's, then how does Magneto's powers work? Magneto's powers work on the psionic level just like most of the other OLM like Iceman or Storm.
    I never saw magneto's abilities as psionic. Yes he can do it with his mind but like storm his being is one with the very magnetic forces of the planet. You can't cut him away from it that easily. Same with iceman and with storm I think that's the thing with elementals.

Incredible Member

Fantastic issue. Shows that you don't need super big splashy shows of power to make a comic work. Really good character work by Ewing - everyone sounded distinct, and sounded like how you would imagine them to. Even the super short Cable-Hope interaction speaks volumes.

Roberto is the clear winner - winning even when he loses. He is able to push the right buttons on Magneto, and knows how to manipulate Isca's powers. Despite acting the fool, he really gets things done.

The only thing that didn't fully land with me was the choice to have Vulcan be able to turn off powers. "Eating mutant powers" seems like a stretch, but if Ewing is setting Vulcan up to be a major adversary for the mutants, then I see the merit.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I also love that Cable is wise to Brand’s treachery and is secretly conspiring with Thunderbird and Manifold. Can’t wait to see that particular plot thread play out. Need to see some badass action involving these three. Kind of reminds me of when Cable, Wolverine and Bishop teamed up in X-Cutioner’s Song after the latter two first hunting down and clashing with the former. This is a trio I’m invested in and want to see more of.
    Yes, a lesser writer would either make a clever, inquisitive character like Cable oblivious or make the hothead Thunderbird let his grievances against Cable get in the way, but Ewing is much smarter than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Fantastic issue. Shows that you don't need super big splashy shows of power to make a comic work. Really good character work by Ewing - everyone sounded distinct, and sounded like how you would imagine them to. Even the super short Cable-Hope interaction speaks volumes.

Roberto is the clear winner - winning even when he loses. He is able to push the right buttons on Magneto, and knows how to manipulate Isca's powers. Despite acting the fool, he really gets things done.

The only thing that didn't fully land with me was the choice to have Vulcan be able to turn off powers. "Eating mutant powers" seems like a stretch, but if Ewing is setting Vulcan up to be a major adversary for the mutants, then I see the merit.
    I mean he's an Omega Level energy manipulator...that includes all forms of energy. Vulcan has always been OP since his inception honestly.

Fantastic Member

This issue was a banger. Thos book just keeps getting better and better. Reluctant Magneto is the best. Interesting that Storm recruited Khora, like they need to boost the omega powers of Storm and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Mentallo is able to tell something is wrong about Vulcan but Xavier can't? I call BS, if Vulcan is "off" in a non-mental way, it's more in character for Charles to know and just not act it on it. (or use it to his advantage in some way; more likely)
    Mentallo makes it clear that he's nothing compared to Xavier, and clarifies he was only able to catch on because Vulcan's barriers are starting to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, a lesser writer would either make a clever, inquisitive character like Cable oblivious or make the hothead Thunderbird let his grievances against Cable get in the way, but Ewing is much smarter than that.
    Exactly! That’s why I was so jazzed when I saw those preview pages for this issue awhile back. I was like, “Yes!!! This writer hasn’t forgotten that Cable is a clever, slippery MFer at all. He knows what’s up!”

And while I’m enjoying the rivalry between him and John, I’m betting by the end of this it turns into just tough guy banter more than anything. Maybe they trade blows at some point, but by the end of it I bet they’re friends… or at least have a mutual respect for one another. Again, a modern take on the old Cyclops-Wolverine rivalry without the played out love triangle aspect. With a more grizzled warrior in the Cyclops role and an even bigger hothead in the Logan role. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A thousand Chef's kisses for Ewing Caselli and Blee...Loved every moment of this delectable issue.

Going by what Cecilia hypothesised about Synch, I am very much interested to see just how or if Roberto's powers are changed slightly after resurrection.
    Same, and I'm curious about the solitic for #4 saying he'll be pondering his return from the grave. I wonder if the Arakki will be dogging him for dying so easily and publicly, and perhaps in their eyes without honor. "Challenge by insult!"

This really was so good. I love how Ewing is going in on truly depicting them as a warrior class. Planet Arakko is not for the faint at heart, it's for those with edge and all of these characters have it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I enjoyed seeing Vulcan get pounded on, but I'm gonna miss Tarn.

Berto made Isca cry. He's an evil person.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!