Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    It simply means he is not all there mentally. He has access to all his powers but the skill needed to wielded to deadly effect is not there. He hasn't dialed it all the way up. Here to hoping he does soon seeing as this book has three issues left OMG.
    Wait!!!! Is this a mini series? I surely hope you're joking. It's an ongoing, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I still can't take Isca's powers seriously, at least with the idea that they are the result of a pseudo-scientific source of super powers as opposed to magic or divine manipulation. They just sound more like a magic curse or geas to me than something which is the result of a special gene that allows the manipulation of matter or energies.

Doesn't ruin this series for me though.

However with the thought of overly specific worded and abused curses and prophecies in mind, i wonder if dying could be secondary to her powers needing her to "not lose"? Essentialy making her actualy quite mortal in spite of what one might think of her powers.
    Its just Domino's powers pushed the max I don't see the problem here.

Mighty Member

Can someone explain to me how this book is this good?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The way Roberto played Isca was freakin’ gold! Loved that part. Cannot wait to see what’s in store for the Cable-Tbird-Manifold trio… I know I already said that, but still. Need some badass action from them soon. Also highly intrigued by the role Cable plays in the A.X.E. Judgment Day event and the X-men Red tie-ins. I feel that it has to be more than just dying at Uranos’ hands.
    I bet he's going to fight Uranos (the AXE teasers points to this). Maybe this is where all the plot points about his TK and TO is going to lead to. I hope Cable get's his power back and duke it out with Uranos even for this just 1 event, its been more than a decade since we saw Cable use his powers and this would be a perfect event for him to just cut lose and wreck stuff. Like there cant be a more perfect time to give him his powers back(temporarily), he's going to both have the motivation (with Hope/Krakoa being targeted by Eternals) and the means to (With all the tech and mutants in Krakoa).

Also, good to hear that there's a reason why Vulcan was getting his ass kicked left and right. As much as I don't like Vulcan, seeing him getting ragged every issue just feels wrong.

And Tarn should have brought a wooden gun

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Red is Hellion's signature color. With that, your mind associates it with good quality.

Other than that, we're getting a genuinely interesting story that fleshes out Arakko and treats its characters with respect. Most characters have been treated very well so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wait!!!! Is this a mini series? I surely hope you're joking. It's an ongoing, right?
    Yeah I've seen no source saying it's a mini.

Astonishing Member

A damn good writer who respects the characters and continuity couple with some stellar art lol I've said it before but SWORD was good but DAMN Ewing has been firing off on all cylinders these past 3 issues you can feel the passion radiating from the pages lol

The Freshness of Arakko + S Tier writer + Chemical X(?) = This book

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    A damn good writer who respects the characters and continuity couple with some stellar art lol I've said it before but SWORD was good but DAMN Ewing has been firing off on all cylinders these past 3 issues you can feel the passion radiating from the pages lol
    I still miss his voices for T'Challa, Blue Marvel and Spectrum.

Ultimates was so good.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 06-15-2022 at 03:14 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Mentallo makes it clear that he's nothing compared to Xavier, and clarifies he was only able to catch on because Vulcan's barriers are starting to fail.
    Not only that, it's something he only found out about after doing a deep psi scan. I know Xavier has been depicted as an unscrupulous ******* lately, but he hasn't done a deep psi probe of Vulcan lately and he apparently is not going to try to even do one on the sly like Mentallo did.

Remember, in the last issue when Xavier tried to read Vulcan he got himself blown up. So it doesn't break the narrative that Xavier doesn't know.

As for the issue itself, I liked it but Isca's powers still seem silly to me. Is it that easy to "win" against her with what Roberto did? That was really my only complaint with the issue. I just couldn't buy into that. Oh, and I was also odd that Ororo referred to Erik as Magneto during their autumn palace meeting. That seemed way too formal for the emotive context of the scene and was quite jarring. Wish Ewing would have changed that.
    Last edited by Saturius; 06-15-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Goddamit Vulcan, wake up,(the real you) and kick some ass. I know it’s coming but, geez!

Magneto-The Uncaring
    #MagnetoWasRight

This book is so fucking good omg!!!!

Is it bad when a book is so good that my only complaint is that someone keeps calling Magneto “Max”? And it’s really only one character, as everyone else calls him Magneto or Erik. I just HATE the name Max for him… he’s Erik, dammit.

Spectacular Member

The book was good but fr wtf are Isca's powers even? How hard would it have been for her to be like "nah I think Tarn's going to win as well" and have Tarn win? There's probability manipulation and then there's Isca's plot power.

Astonishing Member

Roberto was definitely the big hit of this issue, even though I liked basically everyone's roles and characterizations. But this is the Berto I love reading about most....the charming schemer who is so loud and in peoples' faces, practically oozing bravado and charisma, that it distracts them from ever realizing just how little he actually gives away. How close he plays his cards to his chest.

The thing that's actually most interesting to me right now is even as he basically invited himself to join Storm and Magneto's new Brotherhood, just hitting the ground running and acting like a total team player who's just there to make sure everyone succeeds in their goals and gets what they're after....so helpful and proactive about figuring out solutions to the problems Storm and Magneto face these past couple issues.....

Nobody's bothered to stop and ask what his personal agenda or endgame is here. What HE'S after, specifically, that has him doing all this. Don't get me wrong, I don't think its anything that's COUNTER to Storm and Magneto's actual goals, like he's not going to betray them or anything and Berto's definitely one of the good guys....buuuuuut he's never been someone who takes initiative and gets involved in stuff JUST to be one of the good guys, or a helpful team player.

He's someone who is unapologetically ambitious, has no problem looking out for his own personal self-interests at the same time as 'doing the heroic thing' - but like, bottom line is that he's one of those people who tends to have multiple reasons for everything they do, and if that means many of his plans just so happen to simultaneously a) save the day and b) let him fill the power vacuum in the villainous organization they just saved the day from, letting him hijack the whole thing for his own purposes.....well that's just called being efficient.

I think he's absolutely on board with Storm and Magneto's overall goals.....but he didn't invite himself along for the ride JUST to facilitate THEIR agendas. He has his own, and I'm very curious what they are, AND who will be the first to even notice that everything he's doing is also in service of some personal plan or scheme he's got cooking. Everything he did this issue, from giving Magneto a little nudge to going and seeking out Isca even before he had confirmation Magneto was actually going to challenge Tarn, like he was already putting that plan in motion when it wasn't actually guaranteed Magneto had any intention of showing up.....it all likely had just as much to do with his own personal agenda as it did making sure Magneto got on the Great Ring.

Idk, Berto's the wildcard for me here, the one to watch. This whole book is about power plays and secret alliances and hidden agendas.....but most of the players, we KNOW what they're ultimately after. Brand's a known schemer, but we know her schemes are pretty much all aimed at controlling the shape of the Sol System as a whole as it grows in galactic power. Storm and Magneto are seeking to check or curb Brand's influence and agenda and help safeguard Arakkii autonomy. Cable, Manifold and Thunderbird are suspicious of Brand's agenda and looking to get their own intel and form their own responses to her schemes. Vulcan just wants everybody to tell him he's pretty and he could totally be the King of Everything whenever he wants, he's just that awesome.

Berto though? He's an unknown quantity. We don't really know WHAT he's after, beyond the vague idea that he's looking to establish some kind of personal powerbase or dip his toe into galactic politics for....reasons? *Shrugs* The only thing we know for sure at this point is he's being juuuuuust as proactive about meddling and putting things in motion as either Storm or Brand are.....we just don't have any real idea WHY yet.

So, very interested in learning more about Berto's longterm plans.

Fantastic Member

The only thing that could make this book better is a data page with clear explanation about arrakki mutants' powers. They have been around for several years by now, but the powers are still too vague. Like, what exactly Isca does? If all it takes to defeat Tarn is for someone to bet with her, then why hadn't someone at the very start of war with Amenth made a bet as well: "I bet what in a war between Arrako and Amenth, the Amenth would win!" for an instant victory for Arrako? Tarn is now dead, and his powers are also vague at best, not to mention his Locus Vile. The rest of Great Ring is even more obscure. Khora the Burning Heart got better explanation about her powers compared to all the supposedly important arrakki.