Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't speak for most fans but definitely partially the x-office as many in interviews have said they realized she was basically sidelined. but while i personally enjoyed extraodrinary for what it was i would definitely say from an objective standpoint it was one of the biggest l's. a weather manipulator didn't just shunt the cloud off into space and then she didn't even succeed in her objective as team leader because Medusa voluntarily destroyed the cloud after the death toll took it's count. I mean of course it all happened off her watch but she was the face of unsuccessful clean up but lemire did his thing. So i think it's a little disingenious when people say they haven't seen storm taken an L when it took almost 20 years to get back to the prominence she now finds herself in. I mean i'm all for losing if it's where the story goes but this expectation and almost demand for it is a little strange to me.
    Like do you remember her avengers run? The single most impactful thing she ever did whilst with them was when she left because they were going to attack the mutants. AvX was generally an L momment for stormthrough and through. Not to talk of bendis and his clones writing.

You know you are getting it bad when even the xoffice realizes that they are literally not doing a good job with you. Hence why these storm is too op storm has never lost before, storm is a mary sue arguments make me laugh. Because the sheer amount if L's she has collected is more than any charachters entire appearances.

Excellent issue but I don't really understand why the Isca bet was necessary, it just creates a lot of problems.

Why couldn't she just refuse the bet ? I guess now anyone can get whatever they want by just approaching Isca and betting her the contrary of what they want.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorson-98 View Post
    I guess now anyone can get whatever they want by just approaching Isca and betting her the contrary of what they want.
    Except that if you annoy her with that, she'll kill you.

Very good issue. I love this book right now. Top of my list.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Thorson-98 View Post
    Excellent issue but I don't really understand why the Isca bet was necessary, it just creates a lot of problems.

Why couldn't she just refuse the bet ? I guess now anyone can get whatever they want by just approaching Isca and betting her the contrary of what they want.
    When I read it at first I thought it was her knowing that she could take the bet meant she knew he was going to loose. It didn't strike me as she had to take the best but the fact that she could proved he was about to loose. of course she doesn't look at it that way. In her mind if she can except the bet then that makes HER manipulate when I still see her powers more of divination.

Is she a reality warper or just someone that knows the winning move and then HAS to take it... if so her 'character growth' would be being able to move past it and 'choose to lose for it to matter'
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Love this book, and Ewing!

But I don't understand how Xavier has been so incompetent throughout this era, the guy wears the Cerebro helmet 24/7 and somehow missed something in Vulcan's mind that only just started to fail. Idk, but shouldn't Xavier be much stronger, let alone his level of skill?
    Mentallo says it just started to fail, and that's after he was more subtle about looking at Vulcan's head for a while, while Xavier tried to brute force to get in and got blown up like the dumbass he is.

If Xavier was actively looking at Vulcan's mind once in a while it'd be weirder for him to have missed it, but the way he did it? I can see how he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Is interesting that this is one of the life lesson of Marvel Universe( and superpowered universes) at whole, not just X men. You can have just a minor powerful I the right mind can be deadly, or you can have godly powers and using in the most banal or pointlessly chaotic way.
    <I Wish for jojo bizarre adventure level fight between Ororo and Vulcan rematch honestly, with Ororo having to use her wits to win>
    You mean with a fight that takes months to end with characters info dumping how their powers work? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then