Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    But on the other hand was that her power made it she never loses, so she should not have lost the bet....just saying
    Exactly, but she believed Tarn would win and I don’t think she expected to be challenged. I think she wanted to Tarn to win like he did against Vulcan. I think the challenge by insult meant she had to take Magneto as her bet and hence he defeated Tarn.

He lost his challenge with Isca, but won because he really wanted Mags to win.

This was definitely the book of the month for me so far.

The way that magneto defeated Tarn was very clever, the fact that he used his helmet to block his powers makes sense and it is a very realistic way in which he could have won but at the same time Sunspot tricking Isca also makes the moment feel like but there may have been a way out of it for Tarn but she couldn't lose so Tarn had to. I thought it was really fun and clever.

The Cable and thunderbird scene was nice as well and i think it was a good chance for us to hear the difference in their voices while setting up their dynamic and that they both are coming off capable. Manifold showed up at just the right second of the conversation too so i have to say that was some very good pacing.

The Storm/Brand scene was brief and i could actually feel Storm frustration with Brand in the way Brand worded what she was saying. I think one of my fave things about the book is every last character has a voice so far and don't sound the same.

Caselli continues to bring it on the art, I like how in magneto's palace there are no chairs and they were all standing around the metal table discussing their plans, it was a nice touch. And that "we see you, Max."

Magneto's breakdown was also a touching scene, "...you remind me of charles." given the history that could mean so many things and be the utmost compliment magneto can give but also the ultimate condemnation so i read it deep and found it touching. lol.

I also appreciate more clarification and that Wanda did in fact create mutant Heaven and i was not expecting the final stone on Anya but it was used very well here and made new to give magneto further motivation to fight for the seat of Loss and as the holder of the chair of loss now, it makes sense his loss can never be undone and i think its for the best.

I look forward to the sunspot resurrection next issue, i guess he'll be hatching next to vulcan so that should be interesting, i wonder if his powers will start to become more post resurrection since that is obviously something being played with in Red, much like Cable's requests to the five. It would definitely not be hard to believe sunspot of all people would prepare for eventually rebirth.

The storm/Khora scene was also interesting in that she is mainly with Brand just to feel useful so i look forward to her joining the brotherhood though feeling useful could also make her a likely candidate for a mole in the brotherhood.

I wasn't expecting Isca to care so much about what happened with tarn. So the tears did surprise me but the fact that they worked together for a 1000 years adds to it. Though once again i liked that he built the tension and released it in a duality so it could just as easily be interpreted that she is more upset that her powers were essentially turned against her which adds to the moment feeling more believable.

Can't wait for the next issue. Easily 11/10 for me.

Some of my fave scenes.

The wonder.
    xmenred3001.jpg

The emotion.
    xmenred3002.jpg

The laughter.
    xmenred3003.jpg

It was all there and then some.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This book is phenomenal all around. Best book in the X-line honestly. Maybe the best one Marvel is putting out right now. It’s just the most complete book, with great writing and art and an exciting cast that Ewing does a great job of balancing.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was definitely the book of the month for me so far.

The way that magneto defeated Tarn was very clever, the fact that he used his helmet to block his powers makes sense and it is a very realistic way in which he could have won but at the same time Sunspot tricking Isca also makes the moment feel like but there may have been a way out of it for Tarn but she couldn't lose so Tarn had to. I thought it was really fun and clever.

The Cable and thunderbird scene was nice as well and i think it was a good chance for us to hear the difference in their voices while setting up their dynamic and that they both are coming off capable. Manifold showed up at just the right second of the conversation too so i have to say that was some very good pacing.

The Storm/Brand scene was brief and i could actually feel Storm frustration with Brand in the way Brand worded what she was saying. I think one of my fave things about the book is every last character has a voice so far and don't sound the same.

Caselli continues to bring it on the art, I like how in magneto's palace there are no chairs and they were all standing around the metal table discussing their plans, it was a nice touch. And that "we see you, Max."

Magneto's breakdown was also a touching scene, "...you remind me of charles." given the history that could mean so many things and be the utmost compliment magneto can give but also the ultimate condemnation so i read it deep and found it touching. lol.

I also appreciate more clarification and that Wanda did in fact create mutant Heaven and i was not expecting the final stone on Anya but it was used very well here and made new to give magneto further motivation to fight for the seat of Loss and as the holder of the chair of loss now, it makes sense his loss can never be undone and i think its for the best.

I look forward to the sunspot resurrection next issue, i guess he'll be hatching next to vulcan so that should be interesting, i wonder if his powers will start to become more post resurrection since that is obviously something being played with in Red, much like Cable's requests to the five. It would definitely not be hard to believe sunspot of all people would prepare for eventually rebirth.

The storm/Khora scene was also interesting in that she is mainly with Brand just to feel useful so i look forward to her joining the brotherhood though feeling useful could also make her a likely candidate for a mole in the brotherhood.

I wasn't expecting Isca to care so much about what happened with tarn. So the tears did surprise me but the fact that they worked together for a 1000 years adds to it. Though once again i liked that he built the tension and released it in a duality so it could just as easily be interpreted that she is more upset that her powers were essentially turned against her which adds to the moment feeling more believable.

Can't wait for the next issue. Easily 11/10 for me.

Some of my fave scenes.

The wonder.
    xmenred3001.jpg

The emotion.
    xmenred3002.jpg

The laughter.
    xmenred3003.jpg

It was all there and then some.
    It was indeed.

Astonishing Member

It’s occurs that since his powers would have been uniquely effective against the Eternals when they come knocking, I don’t think who took the Seat of Loss matters to Brand so long as it’s not Tarn

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Erik was the star of the show, which Ewing nonetheless and brilliantly balanced between most of the main characters. But, to the point, Ewing has imbued Mags with such pathos in such a short amount of time and without compromising his indomitable will and strength. He’s done the same with Ororo, too.

Also, poor Vulcan—I’m cheering his defeats, though #sorrynotsorry—although to be fair to him and his fans, apparently, he hasn’t been operating at full strength or as himself. Per Marvin Flum, aka Mentallo:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when he finally snaps.

Need the one in the mountain to come out and have a round two with storm. Maybe this will be more of an omega battle

IMG_20220613_204956.jpg

I also love that Cable is wise to Brand’s treachery and is secretly conspiring with Thunderbird and Manifold. Can’t wait to see that particular plot thread play out. Need to see some badass action involving these three. Kind of reminds me of when Cable, Wolverine and Bishop teamed up in X-Cutioner’s Song after the latter two first hunting down and clashing with the former. This is a trio I’m invested in and want to see more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sorry if I’m slow this morning, but basically Isca can’t refuse a bet or just say “yeah you right Tarn is definitely going to win.”

Unrelated, but I hope people can stop shaking and crying now that’s been confirmed (for like the third time) that Vulcan isn’t at full power.
    No, he’s at full power. It was stated in the issue. It’s his mind that’s warped. But he still has access to his powers. That makes him dangerous, as Mentalo tried to explain to Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s occurs that since his powers would have been uniquely effective against the Eternals when they come knocking, I don’t think who took the Seat of Loss matters to Brand so long as it’s not Tarn
    Good point! Tarn could’ve been The Eternals undoing on multiple levels. Part of me would love for him to get resurrected, and be this unanticipated deadly weapon afainst them. But I don’t see him playing along w/ helping mutants at all if he does, and I think Storm and Magneto would be f#%k’d lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good point! Tarn could’ve been The Eternals undoing on multiple levels. Part of me would love for him to get resurrected, and be this unanticipated deadly weapon afainst them. But I don’t see him playing along w/ helping mutants at all if he does, and I think Storm and Magneto would be f#%k’d lol.
    He is definately coming back. He is tooo big not to. He and nameless will definately come back into the series later on. Tarn is one of those characters that I genuinely find scary simply because of how the nature if his power is. It's too much of an advantage.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-15-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Would be interesting if we found out that Tarn and some of the Arakki had basically come up with their own version of The Resurrection Protocols by combining the powers of powerful Arakki mutants in a similar way as The Five have done, plus also creating their own (probably even creepier version) of Cerebro to store and back up mutant profiles. That could be cool IMO, and a great way to bring Tarn back. Just saying…

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    No, he’s at full power. It was stated in the issue. It’s his mind that’s warped. But he still has access to his powers. That makes him dangerous, as Mentalo tried to explain to Brand.
    Yeah its about the mind. With the right mindset space one can turn a scrappy power into a nigh unstoppable force. But even With omega level powers if a person is not all there mentally or is just plain incompetent they will get dunked on a lot. I want him and storm to fight again but this time with the one in the mountain I believe it will certainly push not only storm but him to adopt more crafty ways in using his powers. And maybe we will finally get the big bombastic showdown he promised us we will get. But I think he is saving that for later now it's all about set ups and creating the various plot threads for the tone of the book and boy is that being done well. The game of thrones of x if I am being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It's occurs that since his powers would have been uniquely effective against the Eternals when they come knocking, I don't think who took the Seat of Loss matters to Brand so long as it's not Tarn
    This makes strategic sense. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    No, he's at full power. It was stated in the issue. It's his mind that's warped. But he still has access to his powers. That makes him dangerous, as Mentalo tried to explain to Brand.
    He's not using his full power because his state of mind is inhibiting the use of his abilities, i.e., he's not using his powers optimally or to their fullest extent. As Mentallo notes, if Vulcan were to do so, he could maybe "incinerate everybody else in a square mile," "crack the planet open like an egg," or "blow up the sun." So, in a sense, he might as well not be "at full power."
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-15-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I just finished this and I don't even really know what to say. This is my favorite book right now and one of the best books I've read in a long time.

Magneto is king today! 'Berto was stellar, sacrificing himself to fuck with Isca and cement Erik's win. The way he knew Erik couldn't NOT challenge Tarn was awesome. Brutal fights but ding dong, Tarn is gone!

Loved seeing Khora and I hope she takes up Storm's suggestion to join them. What an issue!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tarn is a Genetic Sorcerer, and he must have left a clone somewhere.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.