Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This book is phenomenal all around. Best book in the X-line honestly. Maybe the best one Marvel is putting out right now. It’s just the most complete book, with great writing and art and an exciting cast that Ewing does a great job of balancing.
    Agreed, it's the balance for me. These are major characters and he's been able to allow everyone to shine.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Tarn is a Genetic Sorcerer, and he must have left a clone somewhere.
    Definately has a few backups will be shocked if he didnt especially considering how his fight with storm shook him to his core and made him reevaluate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Loved seeing Khora and I hope she takes up Storm's suggestion to join them. What an issue!
    When the dust settles from all this, I would love to see X-men Red center around Storm’s Brotherhood on Mars/Planet Arakko as kind of a counterpart to Duggan’s Earth-bound X-men team (think about them as almost X-men “Blue”, for the blue planet, and X-men “Red”, for the red planet) featuring…

- Storm
    - Magneto
    - Sunspot
    - Khora
    - Cable
    - Thunderbird
    - Manifold

With the Fisher King and a few others as supporting cast. That would be perfect IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    When the dust settles from all this, I would love to see X-men Red center around Storm’s Brotherhood on Mars/Planet Arakko as kind of a counterpart to Duggan’s Earth-bound X-men team (think about them as almost X-men “Blue”, for the blue planet, and X-men “Red”, for the red planet) featuring…

- Storm
    - Magneto
    - Sunspot
    - Khora
    - Cable
    - Thunderbird
    - Manifold

With the Fisher King and a few others as supporting cast. That would be perfect IMO.
    Agreed! With the backdrop of the Arakki and the Great Ring? Would be awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Definately has a few backups will be shocked if he didnt especially considering how his fight with storm shook him to his core and made him reevaluate everything.
    He's almost the Arakko version of Mr. Sinister.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So Vulcan was not the real deal, or was it he did not show what he's really like? I don't get it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Vulcan was not the real deal, or was it he did not show what he's really like? I don't get it.
    It simply means he is not all there mentally. He has access to all his powers but the skill needed to wielded to deadly effect is not there. He hasn't dialed it all the way up. Here to hoping he does soon seeing as this book has three issues left OMG.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Erik was the star of the show, which Ewing nonetheless and brilliantly balanced between most of the main characters. But, to the point, Ewing has imbued Mags with such pathos in such a short amount of time and without compromising his indomitable will and strength. He’s done the same with Ororo, too.

Also, poor Vulcan—I’m cheering his defeats, though #sorrynotsorry—although to be fair to him and his fans, apparently, he hasn’t been operating at full strength or as himself. Per Marvin Flum, aka Mentallo:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when he finally snaps.

Love this book, and Ewing!

But I don't understand how Xavier has been so incompetent throughout this era, the guy wears the Cerebro helmet 24/7 and somehow missed something in Vulcan's mind that only just started to fail. Idk, but shouldn't Xavier be much stronger, let alone his level of skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed! With the backdrop of the Arakki and the Great Ring? Would be awesome.
    Yep. For sure. That should be the ongoing status quo of this book after the showdown with Brand reaches its conclusion. At least IMO.,
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah its about the mind. With the right mindset space one can turn a scrappy power into a nigh unstoppable force. But even With omega level powers if a person is not all there mentally or is just plain incompetent they will get dunked on a lot. I want him and storm to fight again but this time with the one in the mountain I believe it will certainly push not only storm but him to adopt more crafty ways in using his powers. And maybe we will finally get the big bombastic showdown he promised us we will get. But I think he is saving that for later now it's all about set ups and creating the various plot threads for the tone of the book and boy is that being done well. The game of thrones of x if I am being honest.
    Is interesting that this is one of the life lesson of Marvel Universe( and superpowered universes) at whole, not just X men. You can have just a minor powerful I the right mind can be deadly, or you can have godly powers and using in the most banal or pointlessly chaotic way.
    <I Wish for jojo bizarre adventure level fight between Ororo and Vulcan rematch honestly, with Ororo having to use her wits to win>

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He is a man child. He is one of the strongest but he lakes the knowledge and control to properly use his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Love this book, and Ewing!

But I don't understand how Xavier has been so incompetent throughout this era, the guy wears the Cerebro helmet 24/7 and somehow missed something in Vulcan's mind that only just started to fail. Idk, but shouldn't Xavier be much stronger, let alone his level of skill?
    I think is safe to assume that only right now the facad eisteddfod cracking, and Chuck was extremely busy at the time, to use an euphemism

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    He is a man child. He is one of the strongest but he lakes the knowledge and control to properly use his power.
    And the scary thing is that someone build up this "persona" over his real much more deadly and monstrous real identity and we do not know who or why...

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    And the scary thing is that someone build up this "persona" over his real much more deadly and monstrous real identity and we do not know who or why...
    Charles...?

Are we about to find out just how underhanded he's been this era?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mighty Member

Those aliens are the ones that did this to him. He’s broken mentally, but when he finally reawakens it’s gonna be trouble