Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I think is safe to assume that only right now the facad eisteddfod cracking, and Chuck was extremely busy at the time, to use an euphemism
    I can possibly ignore this issue with Vulcan but his continued incapability when it comes to telepathy is becoming a theme, but maybe that's the point.

Astonishing Member

Did they ever explain how Blackbolt came back from the same disaster?

Maybe Vulcan, Petra, and Sway will be resurrected together and Vulcan with no Memories after Deadly Genesis.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

I still can't take Isca's powers seriously, at least with the idea that they are the result of a pseudo-scientific source of super powers as opposed to magic or divine manipulation. They just sound more like a magic curse or geas to me than something which is the result of a special gene that allows the manipulation of matter or energies.

Doesn't ruin this series for me though.

However with the thought of overly specific worded and abused curses and prophecies in mind, i wonder if dying could be secondary to her powers needing her to "not lose"? Essentialy making her actualy quite mortal in spite of what one might think of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Is interesting that this is one of the life lesson of Marvel Universe( and superpowered universes) at whole, not just X men. You can have just a minor powerful I the right mind can be deadly, or you can have godly powers and using in the most banal or pointlessly chaotic way.
    <I Wish for jojo bizarre adventure level fight between Ororo and Vulcan rematch honestly, with Ororo having to use her wits to win>
    The next fight if it happens between them will be very big and destructive. I think brand wanted him to die so the mountain man comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I still can't take Isca's powers seriously, at least with the idea that they are the result of a pseudo-scientific source of super powers as opposed to magic or divine manipulation. They just sound more like a magic curse or geas to me than something which is the result of a special gene that allows the manipulation of matter or energies.

Doesn't ruin this series for me though.

However with the thought of overly specific worded and abused curses and prophecies in mind, i wonder if dying could be secondary to her powers needing her to "not lose"? Essentialy making her actualy quite mortal in spite of what one might think of her powers.
    I think it's basically like domino's power but make it godtier. She shifts probability and it is soo powerful that it even affects her to make the most improbable decisions she will ever make so that she wins. Also the fact that she has no control over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I think it's basically like domino's power but make it godtier. She shifts probability and it is soo powerful that it even affects her to make the most improbable decisions she will ever make so that she wins. Also the fact that she has no control over it.
    Yeah, I think likening it to Domino or Longshot’s luck power on steroids is the best way to explain it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I see Sinister once again has to carry the entire villains of the X-men on his back once again to the point they had to make two of him so some of the books could have competent antagonists.

Reading the reviews. This is such a solid X-writing team. GOT of the X-Verse indeed…

https://butwhythopodcast.com/2022/06...n-red-issue-3/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was REALLY GOOD.

I don't know what else to say, but DAMN. I knew Vulcan was going to lose the Boy can't fight. Full Power or not he's still inexperienced and lacks skill. And to see Isca lose and she freaks out LOL. This was WONDERFUL.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sorry if I’m slow this morning, but basically Isca can’t refuse a bet or just say “yeah you right Tarn is definitely going to win.”

Unrelated, but I hope people can stop shaking and crying now that’s been confirmed (for like the third time) that Vulcan isn’t at full power.
    I thought it was stated he was a full power just not using his powers to his fullest.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good point! Tarn could’ve been The Eternals undoing on multiple levels. Part of me would love for him to get resurrected, and be this unanticipated deadly weapon afainst them. But I don’t see him playing along w/ helping mutants at all if he does, and I think Storm and Magneto would be f#%k’d lol.
    I liked tarn as a character and hate that he was killed. im hoping he comes back at some point as well too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mentallo is able to tell something is wrong about Vulcan but Xavier can't? I call BS, if Vulcan is "off" in a non-mental way, it's more in character for Charles to know and just not act it on it. (or use it to his advantage in some way; more likely)

Outside of that, great issue. Good character exploration for Magneto, Sunspot using his brains (a bit in a way that cost him his life) and overall entertaining set up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A thousand Chef's kisses for Ewing Caselli and Blee...Loved every moment of this delectable issue.

Going by what Cecilia hypothesised about Synch, I am very much interested to see just how or if Roberto's powers are changed slightly after resurrection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So, dumb question!

If Magneto's helmet shuts off mental powers (read psionic based powers) like Tarn's, then how does Magneto's powers work? Magneto's powers work on the psionic level just like most of the other OLM like Iceman or Storm.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation