Default Do A Power Bomb issue 1. ***Spoilers***

Solid first issue from the Great Daniel Warren Johnson and Mike Spicer. Seems like dead parents are a thing for him. I know it’s a common comic trope but still I wasn’t expecting it.

Now for a theory.

CobraSun is the dad right?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I Called it….

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

Just popping in to say I love this book so far! Read issue 3 and I see DWJ is a fan of AEW's FTR seeing a particular tag team finisher which is pretty cool.

I love the teams and their looks. Really felt bad for who Cobrasun and Lona beat, but the central story between Cobrasun and Lona has continued to be quite good and the art conveys movement so well. Can't wait for more and honestly hope he continues it as a seasonal series once the 7 issues are done, if he wants to of course, as I see the potential for more stories just from what issue 3 introduces.

My prediction for the end of the series is the tag team members have to fight each other to the death and she finds out cobra sun is her dad so of course she has to choose between her mom and her dad and him between mother and daughter

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

Wow what an issue #5 was. The match was nuts and appropriate given the type of match it was and that superplex spot was sick. The art just on that spot made me wince having seen the move on the top of the chairs spot from the Adam Cole vs Aleister Black match from NXT Takeover Philly in 2018 really coming to mind plus other times. Also enjoyed other spots like the clear Jeff Hardy-inspired spot from Lona and even the dive from Cobrasun which is reminiscent of similar spots seen in Lucha libre like AAA/CMLL or the Lucha Bros with Rey Fenix specifically. We got the moment we have been waiting for and the ending I didn't see coming. I'm glad as the book has gone on that DWJ has gotten more and more enthused as he talks about doing more with the concept like introducing factions and more so I hope it does continue in some way if he wants to.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 10-13-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Don’t know much about wrestling but still been enjoying the title, it kind of carries you along by its sheer enjoy. Good art as well helps.