Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Yawn

So who's gonna bite the bullet and make Spidercide Appreciation Thread 2022
    You meant the CHASM Appreciation Thread?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I love how Ben helped his brothers. He reminded Peter what it means to be Spider-Man, helped Kain in Spider-Man: Redempion, now he has helped the Spidercide understand humanity. I would like to read the story where the three of them try to get Ben's memories back.
    That's a great point, too. I'd also like to read that story where Kaine and Peter (and even Spidercide) come together to help save Ben from The Chasm in his mind where his memories and sense of self should be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This was probably one of the better Spidey stories of the last decade, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    This was probably one of the better Spidey stories of the last decade, honestly.
    Would not argue there.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Thanks for sharing this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So for me the 'out' can go two ways

1. That Post-Conspiracy Ben is Spider-Cide
    2. Ben has been mentally and emotionally manipulated by Spidercide's essence coursing through his DNA.
    There was already an out. Ben's soul was damaged and corrupted initially. It got fixed. Now his memories were messed with and it caused a mental collapse. None of this **** is really his fault. Why do we need another explanation?

That'll do for me. Current "Ben" has been Spidercide since his return in Clone Conspiracy. And the real Ben remains either gone (which would be sad, but would still be better than everything Marvel have done with the character since supposedly bringing him back). Or he's still out there somewhere, waiting for a writer/editorial team that actually like him to bring him back properly.

Either way, this series has been a win/win. It's given us our first look at the real Ben Reilly since 1996. And it's fixed the hatchet job that Slott and everyone else has been a part of since Clone Conspiracy. Job done.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Why do we need another explanation?
    Because it sounds infinitely less stupid than "cloned 27 times and your soul's corrupted"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    That'll do for me. Current "Ben" has been Spidercide since his return in Clone Conspiracy. And the real Ben remains either gone (which would be sad, but would still be better than everything Marvel have done with the character since supposedly bringing him back). Or he's still out there somewhere, waiting for a writer/editorial team that actually like him to bring him back properly.

Either way, this series has been a win/win. It's given us our first look at the real Ben Reilly since 1996. And it's fixed the hatchet job that Slott and everyone else has been a part of since Clone Conspiracy. Job done.
    It also fixes the "Ben turning into dust" thing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    It also fixes the "Ben turning into dust" thing
    That was my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would not argue there.

Thanks for sharing this.
    nice to read some cbr articles that ponder the interesting questions and provide some in-depth analysis of character and themes. sometimes writers ignore the context and nuance but this article manages to capture it all with brevity.

on the topic of souls; i've never thought clones having them was ever in doubt.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    nice to read some cbr articles that ponder the interesting questions and provide some in-depth analysis of character and themes. sometimes writers ignore the context and nuance but this article manages to capture it all with brevity.

on the topic of souls; i've never thought clones having them was ever in doubt.
    Indeed, though tell that to all the writers who make them out to be inherently inferior, lacking copies of the originals from whom they were created.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, though tell that to all the writers who make them out to be inherently inferior, lacking copies of the originals from whom they were created.
    what examples did you have in mind?
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    what examples did you have in mind?
    I was more referring to the general treatment of clones and cloning in fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Because it sounds infinitely less stupid than "cloned 27 times and your soul's corrupted"
    It's actually more stupid, but you've already said Janine being sexually assaulted would make her more interesting, so I'm pretty much done taking your story ideas seriously.