Mighty Member

Default People with the same name as you?

I rang my accountant to arrange a tax return. Turns out they have another guy named Anthony O'Brien on their files. It reminds me of when my sister Julie O'Brien had a friend and later housemate named Julie O'Brien.

Ever have an experiences similar to this?

Retired

Welcome to my world.

My first name is common , but my last name is not very common. So I don't think I will ever meet someone with the same name as me.

When I registered my son for cub scouts, one of the boys in the pack had my name and I spent a good part of my scouting service denying paternity.

My name is also common enough that there are some lesser list celebrities with it and I rarely come up on any internet searches before them.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

My father has the first name as me. My best friend has the same first Name as me. My old PO has the saem first name as me. So at one point it was not uncommon to have 4 people with the same first name in my house.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There is a guy in my same business, but at a different company locally, who shares my name. Also a Canadian military journalist of some note, as well as several scientific researchers apparently. My middle name is pretty uncommon though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I live in France and people with exactly the same name as me tend to live in Australia… so… no.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I live in France and people with exactly the same name as me tend to live in Australia… so… no.
    As an Australian, now I'm really curious.

I've never met anyone with my exact name, but a Google search several years ago informed me that I shared it with--amongst others--a American college track athlete and and an unsuccessful American right-wing politician.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    As an Australian, now I'm really curious.

I've never met anyone with my exact name, but a Google search several years ago informed me that I shared it with--amongst others--a American college track athlete and and an unsuccessful American right-wing politician.
    Were you ever tempted to try and get some of their campaign signs for your yard?I was in a similar situation and tried very hard to get a campaign T-shirt with his name on it, but was unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Were you ever tempted to try and get some of their campaign signs for your yard?I was in a similar situation and tried very hard to get a campaign T-shirt with his name on it, but was unsuccessful.
    The thought bubble probably briefly floated in my think tank, but I suspect the logistics of getting it sent to Australia would have been too much effort. Plus the guy was really obscure. He had been running for state senate somewhere (I don't even remember which state) and came in either last or second last. I suspect the only reason his name popped at all on a Google search was that I did the search immediately after the election (this would have been in the late 90s) and the results were in a lot of news sites, which bumped the frequency of his mentions way up.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    The thought bubble probably briefly floated in my think tank, but I suspect the logistics of getting it sent to Australia would have been too much effort. Plus the guy was really obscure. He had been running for state senate somewhere (I don't even remember which state) and came in either last or second last. I suspect the only reason his name popped at all on a Google search was that I did the search immediately after the election (this would have been in the late 90s) and the results were in a lot of news sites, which bumped the frequency of his mentions way up.
    My guy was running for governor of a state and there was a considerable amount of campaign bling out there so the prospects were a lot more viable for me.