Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Tim Drake: Robin Ongoing Series Coming in September

Spinning out of Batman Urban Legends and Tim Drake Pride Special, writer Meghan Fitzmartin continues the next chapter of Tim’s story with fan-favorite artist Riley Rossmo (Harley Quinn).

This kinetic, high-energy series pulls Tim center stage as a mystery over a year in the making takes shape. A new villain who’s been hounding Tim from afar decides to take things up close and personal, putting Bernard and everyone else Tim cares about in peril. All that and Tim finally carves out a corner of Gotham City just for himself, and sets up shop in his very own…murder-shack-boat?

If that wasn’t enough, break out your skateboards and motorcycles because DC has assembled a Rogues’ Gallery of artists to capture all of Tim’s iconic looks over the years, with a One Year Later Era variant by Jorge Jimenez, a 1:25 Debut Era variant by Sweeney Boo, a 1:50 Young Justice Era variant by Dan Mora, and a 1:100 Teen Titans Era variant by Jamal Campbell, with main cover by Ricardo López Ortiz.

Tim Drake fans can get caught up on the beginning of this story with the Tim Drake Pride Special, on sale now. And Damian fans needn’t worry; the youngest Wayne’s adventures as Robin will continue in Batman Vs. Robin, written by Mark Waid with art by Mahmud Asrar, on sale September 13.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/16/on...-september-27/

I don't really trust the writer after the lacklustre special.
    But it's nice to see they're giving Tim a push, even if creatively it could be much much better.

I am happy to see Tim get his own book and get a little respect. We will see how far the series goes though.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Meghan Fitzmartin? We already know what this book is for, not for fans of the character.

Finally! Little disappointed it's not called Red Robin, but I've been begging them to just do a Tim Drake solo and now they've done it. Hopefully Fitzmartin keeps the book in the same vein as his last solo ongoing with a healthy balance of Tim both in and out of costume.

Yeesh. Was kinda hoping they'd hold off on giving him a series until they found him a new name. Or at least gave him Red Robin back.

Extraordinary Member

Past the point of caring. Tim Drake is dead to me and it's this writer who put the final nail in the coffin. The character who headlined the fantastic Robin series for over 15 years is gone without a trace. Will not be reading this.

BANNED

More of 'perfect' Bernard, more propaganda, and no variety whatsoever. Welcome to the system. When everything's the same, nothing stands out.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-16-2022 at 06:47 AM.

writer Meghan Fitzmartin
    Looks like DC editorial is not done ruining Tim Drake yet. (facepalm)

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Meghan Fitzmartin? We already know what this book is for, not for fans of the character.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Mighty Member

No........

Spectacular Member

im a huge fan of the character.. and if they ever publish him again with a great creative team, i'll be happy to read it...
    but the artist is hot garbage and the writer who wrote ""You have always been exactly what I wanted and more, he tells her."I just realized... It wasn't because of your gender, you know? I don't only like girls." thereby implying that her gender is the reason for breaking up with her, is not someone i trust to write him better.. especially when fabian nicieza is more then willing to work on him again

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What.

You can't... lead with Belen Ortega and Travis Moore and then turn around and give us Riley Rossmo, what are you doing DC?

This maybe because the story will return its focus back on superhero action instead of romance, so they're getting a more kinetic artist, but you've been setting up a pretty specific audience expectation this past year. At least you need to find someone with similar style like how with Damian in Robin and Detective, Roger Cruz is similar to Gleb Melnikov style.

Incredible Member

Tim is getting a crazy push right now. This September he'll appear in Batman, his new solo, the YJ tie-in to Drak Crisis, the new Titans mini, and the YJ targets.
    That's a lot of content.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the creative team for this solo. So far Fitzmartin didn't impress me (there were so many cliches, a lot of OOC moments, and a complete lack of emotional or actually significant content). Still, I'll wait and see how she writes the YJ tie-in before deciding if I skip this series.

Astonishing Member

It was absolutely obvious that this would happen, glad that Tim is being given another chance.
    On the other hand, from the point of view of creativity, I do not see, unfortunately, any prospects. DC is still pushing Tim to be Robin, and the creative team is only concerned with who Tim is dating instead of focusing on deeper development.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Finally! Little disappointed it's not called Red Robin, but I've been begging them to just do a Tim Drake solo and now they've done it. Hopefully Fitzmartin keeps the book in the same vein as his last solo ongoing with a healthy balance of Tim both in and out of costume.
    That last part can be taken a few different ways . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Tim is getting a crazy push right now. This September he'll appear in Batman, his new solo, the YJ tie-in to Drak Crisis, the new Titans mini, and the YJ targets...
    Was that suppose to be "Dark Crisis" or maybe "Drake Crisis"?