Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It was absolutely obvious that this would happen, glad that Tim is being given another chance.
    On the other hand, from the point of view of creativity, I do not see, unfortunately, any prospects. DC is still pushing Tim to be Robin, and the creative team is only concerned with who Tim is dating instead of focusing on deeper development.
    Even if I don't always like how Meghan Fitzmartin writes certain situations, I don't think that it is true that she only cares about who Tim is dating, even in Urban Legends she was creating a broader cast for him with Detective Williams and had Nightwing basically tell Tim that he should find his own identity. The article states that Tim carves out a corner of Gotham City just for himself and sets up shop in his very own…murder-shack-boat, so it looks like she has plans for the character beyond who he is dating.

Not at you but just in general, too often the I see a common criticism of books where the male lead character is dating a man is that it focuses on their sexuality but I am reading both Jon and Jackson's books, and in neither of these books have their sexuality been focused any more that if the lead was straight.

The funny this is that one of the major criticism of the direction DC has taken Tim in recent years is that they have focused less and less on his life outside of Robin.

Anyway not surprised Meghan Fitzmartin is getting a Tim ongoing sales talk. As with most books, I'll give it a chance at least for the first arc.

Looooove Rossmo’s art although it wouldn’t have occurred to me to match him with Tim Drake.

Still not sure about Fitzmartin - the fanfic-ish element of the writing is distracting. Hopefully given some room to breathe and tell an extended story, she will get past that.
    Cheers - CL

On the one hand, I'm happy Tim is finally having a solo book.

On the other hand...I'm not really convinced of Fitzmartin as a writer of Tim. I guess this is their chance to really try and sell Bernard and push that relationship even if nothing of Fitzmartin's previous writings has made it come off as convincing. Especially after the recent special.

Also the fact that now we have two Robin books because they just don't think Tim that's not Robin will sell. Like, not even Red Robin, it's just Robin again.

And Riley Rossmo feels like a very odd fit for a Tim Drake book.

I was excited that Tim was getting his own series until I saw Riley Rossmo is drawing it. I can't stand to look at his art.
    Please Remain Calm

Not a fan of the writer and not a fan of the artist.
    But good luck to the creative team, this character need some love.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Is Damian's book ending, or does this mean we have two Robin ongoings now?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I mean Damian’s book is just called Robin and this is Tim Drake: Robin so I assume two different books.

I’m happy to see Tim get more stories
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Damian’s book is just called Robin and this is Tim Drake: Robin so I assume two different books.

I’m happy to see Tim get more stories
    Also possible that Damian's book gets replaced by the upcoming Batman vs. Robin book by Waid.

Can I just say I love the Jorge Jimenez cover, why can’t that be Tim current suit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It is. Damian's just lost it's writer though, so it's future is uncertain. And actually, if Damian's book does continue, I think his civilian name should be added to the title, like Marvel did with the Captain America titles a few years ago. It'd help to disambiguate them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Can I just say I love the Jorge Jimenez cover, why can’t that be Tim current suit.
    I really like his OYL costume too, it's my favorite costume of his after the second version of his Red Robin one, that Marcus To redesigned.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

All it took for Tim to get a push was for the optics around the character to change

Now he's no longer the generic nerdy Robin

Riley Rossmo art is almost an instant deterrent for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really like his OYL costume too, it's my favorite costume of his after the second version of his Red Robin one, that Marcus To redesigned.
    Yeah, I think Tim looks good in red and darker costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    All it took for Tim to get a push was for the optics around the character to change

Now he's no longer the generic nerdy Robin

Riley Rossmo art is almost an instant deterrent for me too
    Well, to some he's probably now the generic gay nerdy Robin...

Astonishing Member

It's not clear, but in announcement it was mentioned, that his story continues in Batman vs Robin, so, I guess it's replacing his book for a while, and after that Waid will be writing his ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Tim Drake is dead to me and it's this writer who put the final nail in the coffin. The character who headlined the fantastic Robin series for over 15 years is gone without a trace.
    That Tim died with the assassination that New 52 did to him.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans