Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Why couldn't they have gone with Ortega? She's way better than Rossmo and so far they have just given her small stories to do.
    Style and tone of the book, most of Fitzmartin's stories tend to be more horror-themed, and Rossmo's style might suit that more than Ortega's.

Ability to keep up with the schedule for an ongoing, I don't know if Ortega is doing other work and may not be able to commit to this book, but recently a few books are having these problems with some even being delayed because artists cannot keep up the speed, Rossom has shown that he can.

Spectacular Member

I love Tim, and the choice of Rossmo really intrigues me. I'll pick it up.

I also hope that, if Bernard is going to be any significant part of this, they at least give him a personality. The poor boy is so boring it hurts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I didn't read the Pride Special so I can only speculate blindly. I did read Urban Legends and I felt she did good work with the limited pages she had.
    UL 4-6 were okay, but UL 10 was really bad. I don't know what was more OOC - Batman hugging random people in Gotham or Nightwing rebuking Tim for daring to interact with him and ask for advicee.
    In the special Steph was also written incredibly OOC, being over the moon to meet Tim's new boyfriend and saying it's the best day of her life. Repeatedly.
    Writing some of Tim's most important family members or friends so out of character for the sake of drama or shipping raises legitimate concern over this upcoming solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I love Tim, and the choice of Rossmo really intrigues me. I'll pick it up.

I also hope that, if Bernard is going to be any significant part of this, they at least give him a personality. The poor boy is so boring it hurts.
    I hope they can write him in a way that makes him distinct from Steph. Maybe he could dye his hair...

Incredible Member

The preview for Dark Crisis: Young Justice #1 is up at AIPT. Coming out this Tuesday. I liked the few pages present. It seems Cassie Sandsmark is the narrator. I wish they didn't use the same gold on red in the narration boxes, maybe the same letterer as the Tim Drake special. It's just hard to read.

I hope Fitzmartin does a better writing job on this series. She'll have 6 full-size books to show what she can do.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love to see Tim getting another shot at an ongoing series. He's my favourite Robin and I enjoyed what I read of Fitzmartin's so far. Rossmo's art is more of an acquired taste, I like it but I think it has its time and place and I'm not entirely sure that's this new Robin series but we'll see.

I really look forward to this series. He's my favorite Robin, too.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Same. I was so excited to see Tim was getting a new series, even if it were by Fitzmartin. She writes a serviceable Tim, not a prefect Tim, but a serviceable one. I thought the cover was hideous and then discovered who was drawing the book. Damn. I really want to buy this series, but I just can not get into Rossmo's artwork at all. I would hate for this book to fail because of the creative team and have DC feel like Tim is not a viable character.
    Exactly! As some other people have pointed out, the art in Urban Legends and the Pride special were more widely appealing. A lot of Tim supporters are going to be turned away like we are and that just isn't right. Now, I've seen some of Riley Rossmo's line work where it's fantastic. But that's not what he's been showcasing here at DC lately. At least he'll look good in Batman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Past the point of caring. Tim Drake is dead to me and it's this writer who put the final nail in the coffin. The character who headlined the fantastic Robin series for over 15 years is gone without a trace. Will not be reading this.
    Nope. I cherish the Dixon years, even Lewis and Beechen were serviceable. I’ll stick with the recognizable Tim Drake…

Astonishing Member

I find it strange that almost none are talking about their hopes for this new series.

I hope Tim gets a new name that does not include 'Robin'. Tim also needs his own niche in the Batfamily.

Or is everyone just tired of talking about that because it is goes nowhere?
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-19-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Here's the weird thing, Fitzmartin can write a strong story. Her red Rhino is pretty damn good when it is good, it's skewed towards teens, but my worry here is that by picking Bernard, they've saddled her with a Not Steph, Steph, character. I mean...you have Cullan Rowe right there. What is that character doing right now. Also....time travel? I know she likes playing around with that so that might play a part in things.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Exactly! As some other people have pointed out, the art in Urban Legends and the Pride special were more widely appealing. A lot of Tim supporters are going to be turned away like we are and that just isn't right. Now, I've seen some of Riley Rossmo's line work where it's fantastic. But that's not what he's been showcasing here at DC lately. At least he'll look good in Batman.
    Was Rossomo popular on Harley Quinn? I'm going to attempt to read the book, but Rossomo's art is such a problem for me. I hate to disparage an artist (but as a painter, I understand how styles aren't for everyone) but his work is just hard to get through.

I dont expect Tim to get a new name here unless this is a stealth mini (which I do expect it to be even though nothing has been said). It would be nice if they gave Tim his own identity, but the last time they did we got Drake and a boring ass brown suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Here's the weird thing, Fitzmartin can write a strong story. Her red Rhino is pretty damn good when it is good, it's skewed towards teens, but my worry here is that by picking Bernard, they've saddled her with a Not Steph, Steph, character. I mean...you have Cullan Rowe right there. What is that character doing right now. Also....time travel? I know she likes playing around with that so that might play a part in things.
    Cullen? He and his sister Harper have been appearing in Punchline's story in The Joker.

As for the time travel, that basically happens in her Young Justice mini. Tim, Conner and Bart are trapped in a world that's reminiscent of the original YJ run, and Cassie, Cissie and Red Tornado will be trying to rescue them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Unless there is an end game with him that could NOT be done with folks like Steph.

I love this. He's the Robin I grew up with. In fact, his Robin #1 (where he breaks away from Azreal and all that jazz) was the first comic I ever bought. Very excited.