Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wolverine because of his healing factor has fought vampires, Wendigos, and all sorts of things. Hating on him because he’s a popular male character is silly. And yes he will boost sales, but character’s popularity will always be a part of any line up. Sexism works both ways and hating a character because he is masculine is as wrong as hating a character because she is feminine.

It's like Batman going up against magical creatures. It's not because he's a man. But there are vampires and wendigos soo...

All I know is Wolverine makes way more sense than some of the names suggested by some in this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I second this, and there are quite a few other New X-Men who get ZERO love from writers that would be much better for a magic/demon based story than Wolverine.
    I mean, unless it's a complete ambush, Wolverine (like all straight melee DPS characters) gets absolutely stomped by most magic users from range. To say nothing of a psionic whose power operates at the speed of thought without gestures and incantations, like Chucky, Emma, Jean Grey, or yes, even Hellion with his molecular-level TK.

I could just see Wolverine (either of them) SNIKT their claws out at someone with advanced TK from X-gene or magic. The mage/psionic laughs and lifts him into the air so he has nothing to push off to move. Then 20 minutes of Wolverine flailing his limbs around like a baby thrown into a kiddie pool and cursing up a storm while the TK guy casually eats a snack.
    You are certainly speaking the truth. It reminded me of that scene in Ragnarok

"This is me being reasonable"

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You are certainly speaking the truth. It reminded me of that scene in Ragnarok

Yeah. I'm a Wolverine fan when they portray him as a scrapper and an outsider trying to fit in. I think he's a cool character with a great background story. (Though I like Gambit as the morally ambiguous thug better because he and Rogue are much more charismatic than...just about anyone else in X-men?) But honestly Wolverine's real superpower is plot armor because he is the face of the franchise. I'd rather they use him in the right places with a less is more attitude than have him save the day because smart opponents suddenly decide to go toe-to-toe with the guy who can recover from any physical damage.

355973050059a3553058242ec3890867.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter;[URL="tel:6087130"
    6087130[/URL]]Wolverine because of his healing factor has fought vampires, Wendigos, and all sorts of things. Hating on him because he’s a popular male character is silly. And yes he will boost sales, but character’s popularity will always be a part of any line up. Sexism works both ways and hating a character because he is masculine is as wrong as hating a character because she is feminine.
    Err who's Doing that??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick;[URL="tel:6087467"
    6087467[/URL]]All I know is Wolverine makes way more sense than some of the names suggested by some in this thread lol.
    like...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Err who's Doing that??
    like...
    X-23 for one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    X-23 for one.
    Agreed. Logan has been to hell in which he was possessed by Hellverine. He was also powered up during Fear Itself, becoming Asgardian Wolverine.

Not to mention he had mystical stories like this over the place. From Ogun to his another daughter Rien.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    X-23 for one.
    Lol X-23is literally a copy of Wolverine. Just female.
    Sexism works both ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Agreed. Logan has been to hell in which he was possessed by Hellverine. He was also powered up during Fear Itself, becoming Asgardian Wolverine.

Not to mention he had mystical stories like this over the place. From Ogun to his another daughter Rien.
    lol X-23 went to hell... months before her Dad
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Sexism works both ways

Which story? Logan has been on far more versatile stories than her. He already fought against Mephisto when she wasnt even born. He already went to hell number of times including going to hell to bring back the Murmusa Blade in this era. He is hundreds of years old and has tons of experiences. There is literally no comparison that is close.Bruh

Sexism works both ways

Yo Ben Grimm went to heaven and came back once. Where's he at? Seriously though, if going to afterlife was the only prequisite to be featured in this game then half of marvel would be eligible.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-19-2022 at 05:03 AM.

BANNED

Which story? Logan has been on far more versatile stories than her. He already fought against Mephisto when she wasnt even born. He already went to hell number of times including going to hell to bring back the Murmusa Blade in this era. He is hundreds of years old and has tons of experiences. There is literally no comparison that is close.Bruh
    Logan was born in the 1880s. He's not even 200 years old, much less hundreds. Bruh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Logan was born in the 1880s. He's not even 200 years old, much less hundreds. Bruh.
    I said that figuratively. Didnt you get the memo? Lmao

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

I think he means either the Belasco storyline and/or when she traded a piece of her soul to save Julian's life. (Whom she totally didn't really care about all that much, or something??)

And to me, that's what I hate about how they write X-23. They make her just a female copy of Wolverine, who has more better and more versatile stories b/c he's the original and she's a copy, when she could be so much more. I just never understood why they played that up instead of making her really stand out as her own young woman.

The point being, Wolverine has been involved in these type of stories way before X-23(and these newer characters) were even an idea. Blackheart, Nightmare, the N'Garai, vampires, demonic hand ninjas, etc., plus his history with characters like Ghost Rider, Blade, Doctor Strange even. Also it was Wolverine's knowledge of the mystic underground that Psylocke's life was saved when him and Archangel went to retrieve a piece of the Crimson Dawn. It makes sense to use Logan over some leech of a character who's only relevant because she's co-sharing his code-name.

I don’t mind the code-name sharing and actually think X-23 is cool in her own right when written well with her own distinct voice. Furthermore, Logan endorsing her as Wolverine and telling her “don’t be what they made you” is very in character for him. He’d want his daughter to be a better Wolverine than he was (more super-heroic) even if the readers (like myself) do see him as a great superhero. That’s just how Logan is wired and very much how he sees himself.

Not sure why the Logan and Laura fans constantly have this fight, but the Marvel U is big enough for both of them. Just understand that Logan sells more copies and accept it. I’m also a huge Cable fan, but I accepted long ago that he doesn’t move books like Logan does. It is what it is. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”