Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t mind the code-name sharing and actually think X-23 is cool in her own right when written well with her own distinct voice. Furthermore, Logan endorsing her as Wolverine and telling her “don’t be what they made you” is very in character for him. He’d want his daughter to be a better Wolverine than he was (more super-heroic) even if the readers (like myself) do see him as a great superhero. That’s just how Logan is wired and very much how he sees himself.

Not sure why the Logan and Laura fans constantly have this fight, but the Marvel U is big enough for both of them. Just understand that Logan sells more copies and accept it. I’m also a huge Cable fan, but I accepted long ago that he doesn’t move books like Logan does. It is what it is. *shrugs*
    I'm a very petty person is why and when I see some of the X-23 fanbase talking down Logan as a character, I can't help myself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm a very petty person is why and when I see some of the X-23 fanbase talking down Logan as a character, I can't help myself lol.
    Ha. That’s the most honest post I’ve ever seen on this site. Lol.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

I don’t mind the code-name sharing and actually think X-23 is cool in her own right when written well with her own distinct voice. Furthermore, Logan endorsing her as Wolverine and telling her “don’t be what they made you” is very in character for him. He’d want his daughter to be a better Wolverine than he was (more super-heroic) even if the readers (like myself) do see him as a great superhero. That’s just how Logan is wired and very much how he sees himself.

Not sure why the Logan and Laura fans constantly have this fight, but the Marvel U is big enough for both of them. Just understand that Logan sells more copies and accept it. I’m also a huge Cable fan, but I accepted long ago that he doesn’t move books like Logan does. It is what it is. *shrugs*
    I wouldn't have cared at all if her fanbase didn't belittle Logan in the first place for every chance they get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I wouldn't have cared at all if her fanbase didn't belittle Logan in the first place for every chance they get.
    And Logan fans' sh*t don't stink? It goes both ways.

Hug it out, you two. We can all agree that adamantium claws are awesome, right?

Mighty Member

One thing I hate about Wolverine is I’m never sure which Wolverine they are referring to and just makes me avoid anything Wolverine related these days. Knowing Logan is on borrowed time just makes me not want to check out his stories

Logan is on borrowed time? Says who? He just got back not too long ago after being dead for awhile so I don’t think they’ll kill him again. At least not for more than a minute with instant resurrection via the Resurrection Protocols bringing him right back (like in House of X and Inferno).

Do people really think that just because Laura also goes by Wolverine now that Logan’s days are numbered? If so I suppose I understand the hostility, but I do not think that’s a real concern.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Logan is on borrowed time? Says who? He just got back not too long ago after being dead for awhile so I don’t think they’ll kill him again. At least not for more than a minute with instant resurrection via the Resurrection Protocols bringing him right back (like in House of X and Inferno).

Do people really think that just because Laura also goes by Wolverine now that Logan’s days are numbered? If so I suppose I understand the hostility, but I do not think that’s a real concern.
    I think Logan's days were supposed to be numbered, but X-23 couldn't carry the readership numbers he does. (And IMO that's because too many writers made her just Logan in a miniskirt as opposed to her own person.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And Logan fans' sh*t don't stink? It goes both ways.
    No it doesnt. This isnt the place to offend other people and neither should you. I am out of here
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-19-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I think Logan's days were supposed to be numbered, but X-23 couldn't carry the readership numbers he does. (And IMO that's because too many writers made her just Logan in a miniskirt as opposed to her own person.)
    I really don’t think Marvel ever had any intention of writing Logan out of the books permanently. He’s too popular an IP in his own right for that.

Midnight Sons is an upcoming video game with Logan in the poster.

To think this would be a dream in 2016. Wolverine is back.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

I really don’t think Marvel ever had any intention of writing Logan out of the books permanently. He’s too popular an IP in his own right for that.
    Not necessarily write him out entirely. But I think X-23 was supposed to fully take over 'Wolverine' and Logan was supposed to do something else. And I would've much rather that than two heroes who are essentially the same doing the exact same thing. I've always seen Wolverine as more of a street level hero and seen him be closer to a scrappy version of Batman for the Marvel world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    Not necessarily write him out entirely. But I think X-23 was supposed to fully take over 'Wolverine' and Logan was supposed to do something else. And I would've much rather that than two heroes who are essentially the same doing the exact same thing. I've always seen Wolverine as more of a street level hero and seen him be closer to a scrappy version of Batman for the Marvel world.
    Logan is always being branded Marvel's Batman. X-23 being Wolverine for that period was as temporary as Dick was when he was Batman with Morrison. She should have her own identity like Nightwing

Though I personally wouldn't mind Logan being Logan(OML) and move forward with actual character development.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-20-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Logan is always being branded Marvel's Batman. X-23 being Wolverine for that period was as temporary as Dick was when he was Batman with Morrison. She should have her own identity like Nightwing

Though I personally wouldn't mind Logan being Logan(OML) and move forward with actual character development.
    Same. In fact, I would love to see him become more of the mutant world’s version of Nick Fury in his role as field branch head of the Krakoan CIA (X-Force). Let’s lean into that, making him more like he was in the House of M reality. That means he operates from the shadows, allowing Laura to be the public heroic “Wolverine” of the X-men.

No need to bring back Old Man Logan for that, though. It’s a perfectly logical evolution of his current role in the X-books. Sure, his solo book still says Wolverine in the title. But I could see folks calling him Wolverine and him saying, “That’s Laura now. Just call me Logan.” In fact, it could be kind of a running gag until he just gives up because people will always see him as Wolverine too.

Could be really cool if done right IMO, giving him some much needed character development in the books as he fully embraces his role as mutant spymaster.

Extraordinary Member

I think aging Logan up a bit without going the alternate reality route of OML would be a good thing for Logan as a character. A change in appearance is usually representative of significant character development and Logan has been in serious need of some since forever. Some gray in his hair as opposed to always being in his prime despite being over a century old would change the way he's written in relatively subtle but noticeable ways. Then making him the spymaster who keeps to the shadows and who only gets his hands dirty as a last resort as opposed to his standard brawler/stab first-ask questions later interpretation would be more likely to stick.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 06-20-2022 at 08:31 AM.