Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Obvious synergy is obvious.

I mean, she's hot, but I don't think comic Agatha needed to be young and attractive.

Niffleheim

They didn't de-age her, i think they are telling her story when she was young.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    They didn't de-age her, i think they are telling her story when she was young.
    That's cool, although I feel like they're sorely tempted to just magic her back to this form .

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's cool, although I feel like they're sorely tempted to just magic her back to this form .
    I wouldn't put it pass them but the Marvel website just described this story as "The sins of Agatha Harkness' past will finally catch up with her in 'Midnight Suns' #2! The ancient witch debuts a new look on October 19." but it is a backstory of her youth

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=181548864
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-15-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Mmm this is giving me Spirits of Vengeance vibes. We might get a solid story, but probably not too much space for meaningful character work.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Flipped through it on the shelf.
    Will pick up the TPB sometime Spring '23.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm not sure if you can call that Blade class a lecture. It's a field trip at best.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

They fought Dr. Doom, but I don't get the sense that the main plot has been advanced.

Mighty Member

It was interesting because the main cast didn't do much to advance the plot, but the exposition on the side with Agatha and Zoe pretty much explained what was going on

Extraordinary Member

For me the biggest problem is that we still know so little about what the threat actually is. I think that's a terrible move for a 5-issue story and lessens the stakes. We know much more about the threat in the videogame and that's not out for over a month. And without that context things like Clea's decision to send the team to another dimension make no sense. The story doesn't give a reason for her to do that. By the time they get around to properly explaining why this vision was such a big deal beyond being another generic 'end of the world' and why the likes of Clea and Dr Doom are so disturbed as to take these actions it will be too late. And if that exposition about Valtorr was supposed to be it, then it really failed to establish the threat. The lack of any real threat beyond some generic demon is very disappointing after Savage Avengers did such a good job establishing Kulan Gath as the big villain.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 10-20-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    For me the biggest problem is that we still know so little about what the threat actually is. I think that's a terrible move for a 5-issue story and lessens the stakes. We know much more about the threat in the videogame and that's not out for over a month. And without that context things like Clea's decision to send the team to another dimension make no sense. The story doesn't give a reason for her to do that. By the time they get around to properly explaining why this vision was such a big deal beyond being another generic 'end of the world' and why the likes of Clea and Dr Doom are so disturbed as to take these actions it will be too late. And if that exposition about Valtorr was supposed to be it, then it really failed to establish the threat. The lack of any real threat beyond some generic demon is very disappointing after Savage Avengers did such a good job establishing Kulan Gath as the big villain.
    Yea they do. It's because they all had the vision of them present at this doomsday moment, so to prevent that specific timeline she sent them to a different dimension so they can't be present at that moment and so hopefully preventing that particular timeline.

Doom and Clea are disturbed because they also saw the doomsday vision. Right now no one knows why it's going to happen except Agatha, who partially explained it to Zoe.

Ultimate Member

Intrigued to see Kushala, Nico and Zoe. I'm kinda worried that with Magik there on the center stage, where she tends to thrive, Nico's just going to wither away in the background...

And now that someone brought up Elsa Bloodstone, I'd kill to see Elsa and Magik forced to team up against something, if only because they would absolutely murder each other trying to be the biggest flashy-stunting camera-hogging butt-kicking attitudinous alpha-chick on the scene...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Intrigued to see Kushala, Nico and Zoe. I'm kinda worried that with Magik there on the center stage, where she tends to thrive, Nico's just going to wither away in the background...

And now that someone brought up Elsa Bloodstone, I'd kill to see Elsa and Magik forced to team up against something, if only because they would absolutely murder each other trying to be the biggest flashy-stunting camera-hogging butt-kicking attitudinous alpha-chick on the scene...
    Elsa Bloodstone would be fun to see in Midnight Suns, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Would've made more sense than Wolverine