Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing 4 Preview.

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...ndship-marvel/

this will upset fans. Atleast Felicia is here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    There's some hope. MJ wants to know if Pete's OK

'Six months' is a 'long time ago'?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    There's some hope. MJ wants to know if Pete's OK

'Six months' is a 'long time ago'?
    from our standpoint no but for these characters why not
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

"I haven't heard from him"

...Lady, he called you a few weeks ago, you didn't want to hear him.

also for those complaining about the chains heres your answer unless you are about to tell me Peter can rip threw Adamantium?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

so the girls name is romy? apparently for girls it means “rose”, “sea of bitterness”, “beloved”, “rebelliousness” or “wished for child” (from Rosemary). maybe could hint at what is going on with the kids and the ending of beyond before the relaunch with the bright light and mysterious voice.

Astonishing Member

could this be Moira Jane covering her own ass from Felicia who might be suspicious.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    could this be Moira Jane covering her own ass from Felicia who might be suspicious.
    Maybe she did say "cute kid" and seeing this will make her suspicious and possibly look into things

Gotta be surreal for a little girl to see a random lady in a catsuit coming in through her window. At least Felicia still cares about Peter.

I don't see what's the point of this kid storyline. Like, it's not going to actually be MJ's kid, but it looks like her and they're acting like it...it's just weird.

Also I guess Spidey won't save himself here.

Maybe it's a similar setup to Black Widow's first arc? Natasha was captured, brainwashed, and believed she had a husband and child. The child turned out to be a clone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe it's a similar setup to Black Widow's first arc? Natasha was captured, brainwashed, and believed she had a husband and child. The child turned out to be a clone.
    It's all Moria playing the long game

It's very likely that the MJ kids are going to turn up to be a fake-out (I mean she has two 6 kids only after 6 months, that's hella weird) and that Paul might be a bad guy (last issue he was presented as a good guy that payed for Peter's bill so they might want us to think he's actually good), but the anxiety is killing me.

I like that Felicia cares and looks out for Peter.

The fact that Felicia said "cute kid" was kinda suspicious, so there's something more goign on.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so the girls name is romy? apparently for girls it means “rose”, “sea of bitterness”, “beloved”, “rebelliousness” or “wished for child” (from Rosemary). maybe could hint at what is going on with the kids and the ending of beyond before the relaunch with the bright light and mysterious voice.
    This is an interesting theory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    also for those complaining about the chains heres your answer unless you are about to tell me Peter can rip threw Adamantium?
    Peter says they are "adamantium, if anyone asks." And first he guesses they are titanium. In other words, he doesn't know.

And I called it. Peter is going to be rescued. Just like a damsel. Nice to see Wells is equal opportunity in depicting characters who are bound up, however. It's a change from the women being the helpless ones in Venom: Dark Origins and Carnage USA (the latter also featuring child endangerment and death).

Although the fact Peter's spider-sense doesn't go off when the trigger is being squeezed probably means there wasn't a bullet in the gun in the first place, and this is all a set up to ensure Peter will show up for yet another ambush for Tombstone to take him down publicly - what good would killing him in private do Tombstone's reputation and how would that warn other do-gooders not to interfere? Or maybe this really is as written at face value. We'll see.

Not touching the kid stuff. It's just more stupid mystery box. They'll answer the questions when they feel like it. Yawn.

Besides, dwelling on how Wells apparently believes making MJ into a stereotypical mommy when she has never been particularly maternal and even her children with Peter were pretty much depicted as happy mistakes would be even remotely in character for her...it's just so, so, SO tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's all Moria playing the long game
    At this point, this is pretty much the only explanation that makes sense. Moira or some other shapeshifter or some other mind possession or an actress impersonating her or

I mean, maybe Paul has her under constant surveillance so she has to act a certain way. But otherwise, let's go, #TeamMoiraJane!
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-16-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

I smell a double cross. Felicia will be saving Peter's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Peter says they are "adamantium, if anyone asks." And first he guesses they are titanium. In other words, he doesn't know.
    He guessed it was Titanium, for his pride he wants it to be Adamantium. Titanium can withstand a force of about 32 tons.

Sigh this whole run is going to be a convoluted entry into the spider-man wiki page. Especially MJ’s.

Teasing out a mystery is the easy part, yet we aren’t really doing that so far. If the easy part is this clunky I am afraid the reveal will be a real let down.