Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    I smell a double cross. Felicia will be saving Peter's butt.
    I bet you're right. Why give Peter agency in his own book now? (I'm all for Felicia saving him, by the way. Just wish Peter could also be an active participant in his book instead of being passive and/or reacting all the time.)

He guessed it was Titanium, for his pride he wants it to be Adamantium. Titanium can withstand a force of about 32 tons.
    Right, he's guessing.

He bench pressed a jet weighing 75K pounds or 37.5 tons, plus thrust. *shrug*

But, hey, the character has to fit into the round hole Wells dug for him.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so the girls name is romy? apparently for girls it means “rose”, “sea of bitterness”, “beloved”, “rebelliousness” or “wished for child” (from Rosemary). maybe could hint at what is going on with the kids and the ending of beyond before the relaunch with the bright light and mysterious voice.
    Or it's a nickname for "Romita."

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-16-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    I smell a double cross. Felicia will be saving Peter's butt.

He guessed it was Titanium, for his pride he wants it to be Adamantium. Titanium can withstand a force of about 32 tons.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I bet you're right. Why give Peter agency in his own book now? (I'm all for Felicia saving him, by the way. Just wish Peter could also be an active participant in his book instead of being passive and/or reacting all the time.)

Right, he's guessing.

Just sayin'.
    Speaking of that jet, the thrust added another 20 tons, so in total, it was about 57.5 tons he was supporting there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

I am too but I'm relieved someone who cares about Peter Parker is looking for him.

Right, he's guessing
    True enough.

I know we ignore facts all the time for the rule of cool but the writer isn't forcing a character to fit the plot if he sticks to the character's actual weight class. Anyway, it could be Wells researched the 100 ton upper limit of titanium and took some artistic liberties with the appearance and metal flexibility. There is no manufacturer who could've made cuffs like that employing the same thickness effectively using the stronger grades in reality, but perhaps one of the scientists made it work differently in the Marvel universe.
    *Note: If anyone from Marvel still reads these threads please for the love of all things holy, actually research what real world metals look like in their various grades before you use them in fiction.

Just sayin'.
    Romy for Romita. I don't know if that's cute or weird.
    Edit: I've decided it's weird.
    Last edited by Tabs; 06-22-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

The extent of Spider-Man's strength has always been flexible, and dependant on the needs of the story. He wouldn't always be at peak performance either. A weightlifter (or any athlete) could do great in one competition, but flub the next one.

So not everybody hates Peter like advertised, huh? Felicia seems like she just isn't in the loop.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    So not everybody hates Peter like advertised, huh? Felicia seems like she just isn't in the loop.
    I think she knows, she doesn’t seem surprised of the kid and that MJ hasn’t spoke to Peter

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It happens when you check out and used as a plot device. She may be Pete and MJ savior. Lol worried about her new bff

Astonishing Member

So Felicia is the stand-in for the reader?

So Felicia is the stand-in for the reader?
    She's gonna stalk Paul to protect her friend

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I think she knows, she doesn’t seem surprised of the kid and that MJ hasn’t spoke to Peter
    Don't think she does. Sounded like a first time seeing the kid

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Don't think she does. Sounded like a first time seeing the kid
    I agree, I don't think Felicia knows (which is why she's the stand-in for the reader - she's as much in the dark as we are ). If she knew Peter and MJ were on the outs, she wouldn't be asking MJ where Peter is. If she knew MJ had child(ren), she wouldn't be coming in through the kid's window. She also seemed to be seeing Romita for the first time.

Which begs the question of where has Felicia been this past six months?! Because it appears to be under a rock.

On the other hand, I'm not incredibly impressed by Wells's story logic (or rather lack thereof) so who knows?

I will say that Romita's resemblance to MJ is even more blatant in this issue than it was in the first one.

I agree, I don't think Felicia knows (which is why she's the stand-in for the reader - she's as much in the dark as we are ). If she knew Peter and MJ were on the outs, she wouldn't be asking MJ where Peter is. If she knew MJ had child(ren), she wouldn't be coming in through the kid's window. She also seemed to be seeing Romita for the first time.

Which begs the question of where has Felicia been this past six months?! Because it appears to be under a rock.

On the other hand, I'm not incredibly impressed by Wells's story logic (or rather lack thereof) so who knows?

I will say that Romita's resemblance to MJ is even more blatant in this issue than it was in the first one.
    Standing by the theory that Moria used Peter and MJ as a base for clones to regenerate a new body and is testing to see how long that last

I think there is clearly more to this that we don't know yet considering MJ now has a child (can't tell the age, but I don't know if that is on me or Romita JR's art) in the 6 months since we last saw her.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I think there is clearly more to this that we don't know yet considering MJ now has a child (can't tell the age, but I don't know if that is on me or Romita JR's art) in the 6 months since we last saw her.
    It's gonna be a fake out or some weird thing. We know MJ never had them. Last we saw MJ before this run was she was asking Peter to move in with her. This we all go back to normal in the future

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "I haven't heard from him"

...Lady, he called you a few weeks ago, you didn't want to hear him.
    I think she's lying to Fel to cover her back

My theory is she made a deal w/ Mephisto or smth lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    also for those complaining about the chains heres your answer unless you are about to tell me Peter can rip threw Adamantium?
    They're not, he guesses they're titanium which he should be able to break usually.He explicitly states they're NOT adamantium

This, I love Fel in ASM but would be nice to see Peter do something.And Wells writes a terrible Felicia, I hope Fel doesn't do a 180 and starts to hate/not care for Peter too