Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I agree, I don't think Felicia knows (which is why she's the stand-in for the reader - she's as much in the dark as we are ). If she knew Peter and MJ were on the outs, she wouldn't be asking MJ where Peter is. If she knew MJ had child(ren), she wouldn't be coming in through the kid's window. She also seemed to be seeing Romita for the first time.

Which begs the question of where has Felicia been this past six months?! Because it appears to be under a rock.

On the other hand, I'm not incredibly impressed by Wells's story logic (or rather lack thereof) so who knows?

I will say that Romita's resemblance to MJ is even more blatant in this issue than it was in the first one.
    Maybe she's been busy dealing with Iron Cat.

Incredible Member

Would a power dampner not work on Spidey? Think they used one on Ben during Devil's Reign.

Considering his spider-sense doesn't go off, I'm inclined to think there's something affecting his powers. Explains why he can't break the chains...

Spidey is just gonna be helped out because he did right by the other guy earlier, that's all.

Spectacular Member

Why I care about accepting "rule of cool" strength feats: 1. Almost ALL villain fights become PIS unless they've ALL received equal power upgrades. I don't want the increasingly godly symbiotes to be the only ones in his rogues gallery capable of hurting Spidey without breaking my suspension of disbelief. I've never liked "Spider-man ALWAYS holds back as an excuse to drive the plot. 2. If Marvel has chosen to upgrade their hero, they need to list it on his official profile. 3. Sometimes fun things happen and you just want to enjoy it rather than making it mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They're not, he guesses they're titanium which he should be able to break usually.He explicitly states they're NOT adamantium
    Break? No. If you want to push Parker beyond his registered abilities as a man with "proportional strength of a spider", Spider-man could bend Titanium if he was determined enough and let his healing factor repair the minor self injury caused by straining against metal that cannot be penetrated by most legally owned firearms but he will not break it unless a prior existing factor affected the fracture toughness or we've seen only a fraction of his power.

This, I love Fel in ASM but would be nice to see Peter do something.And Wells writes a terrible Felicia, I hope Felreceived do a 180 and starts to hate/not care for Peter too
    When it comes to Felicia Hardy, I hope we don't see a return of jealous Peter Parker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Spidey is just gonna be helped out because he did right by the other guy earlier, that's all.
    I like this idea because it presents rescuing a life as an ultimate good. Parker is saved because he chose a good decision rather than a bad one and was rewarded by the narrative. Unfortunately, I think White Rabbit would have reported his decision to help Parker to the boss by now and a goon who aids the enemy has outlived his usefulness.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Why I care about accepting "rule of cool" strength feats: 1. Almost ALL villain fights become PIS unless they've ALL received equal power upgrades. I don't want the increasingly godly symbiotes to be the only ones in his rogues gallery capable of hurting Spidey without breaking my suspension of disbelief. I've never liked "Spider-man ALWAYS holds back as an excuse to drive the plot. 2. If Marvel has chosen to upgrade their hero, they need to list it on his official profile. 3. Sometimes fun things happen and you just want to enjoy it rather than making it mean something.

Break? No. If you want to push Parker beyond his registered abilities as a man with "proportional strength of a spider", Spider-man could bend Titanium if he was determined enough and let his healing factor repair the minor self injury caused by straining against metal that cannot be penetrated by most legally owned firearms but he will not break it unless a prior existing factor affected the fracture toughness or we've seen only a fraction of his power.

When it comes to Felicia Hardy, I hope we don't see a return of jealous Peter Parker.

I like this idea because it presents rescuing a life as an ultimate good. Parker is saved because he chose a good decision rather than a bad one and was rewarded by the narrative. Unfortunately, I think White Rabbit would have reported his decision to help Parker to the boss by now and a goon who aids the enemy has outlived his usefulness.
    For his love he did technically hold up a whole sky scraper before too and it looks like Kareem will have a hand in saving Spidey. Felecia might help with the gang war fight to protect the innocent. Don't see her trying to get back with Peter, but may look into what happened and try to help

I've got a feeling Kareem is going to try and help Spider-Man but it backfires with Tombstone's men and it causes Spider-Man to get so angry that it causes him to literally break out of his predicament.....or not. Honestly, if there was ever a time for Spider-Man to go off, now would be it considering his life is hell in a hand basket.
    Last edited by Nero; 06-17-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I just hope this doesn't set up a trend of Spidey constantly needing help.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    For his love he did technically hold up a whole sky scraper before too and it looks like Kareem will have a hand in saving Spidey. Felecia might help with the gang war fight to protect the innocent. Don't see her trying to get back with Peter, but may look into what happened and try to help
    People take The Final Chapter seriously? Well, that's news to me. I suppose I was asking for that, lol. I am unable to give that feat earnest consideration as more than a plot contrivance in an already poorly written story. It's sweet that Parker thinks of Mary Jane, but in those last few moments he still should have been crushed by the Daily Bugle.

As I read them, Comicbook logic and Toontown from "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" operate on similar rules of reality

Each character has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. We're meant to take these moments seriously as readers, so the characters genuinely struggle when these are surpassed. They can't change themselves until the right situation aligns that lets their universe swing in their favor. In our world, Peter Parker could only bend those cuffs if he were strong enough. In his case, something will need to happen before reality itself intervenes in his favor. Sometimes, more often for Peter than for many others, Parker's world gives the protagonist a realistic outcome. I can't fault that when it happens.

I was referencing her appearance in Ant-man as written by Zeb Wells.

My biggest problem is that I'm fed up with [redacted].
    Last edited by Tabs; 06-19-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    If I gave that feat earnest consideration it was a plot contriviance from an already poorly written story. As I read them, Comicbook logic and Toontown from "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" operate on similar rules of reality.

The characters all have set strengths and weaknesses. We're meant to takes these moments seriously as readers so the characters genuinely struggle when these are surpassed. They can't change themselves until the right situation aligns that lets their universe swing in their favor. In our world, Peter Parker could only bend those cuffs if he were strong enough. In his, something will need to happen before reality itself intervenes in his favor. Sometimes, more often for Peter than many others, Parker's world gives the protagonist a realistic outcome. I can't fault that when it happens.
    In literary terms, it’s world building. A consistent, coherently built world allows the reader to suspend disbelief. When the world building is violated or inconsistent - or the deviations aren’t adequately explained or motivated - it throws the reader out the story.

As we see in the discussion over whether it is plausible for Peter to be chained and/or break the chains. If the rules of Peter’s world had stayed consistent - and if Wells had adequately provided an explanation in ASM 3 - the reader wouldn’t stop to question what happened. Oh well.

I was referencing her appearance in Ant-man as written by Zeb Wells.
    UGH. I forgot how much I didn’t care for this arc. Peter acts like a jealous dog in the manger fifteen year old even though this is during the Spencer run and he’s with Mary Jane. Scott is even more of an incompetent doofus manbaby than Peter (and yes, Scott has even worse luck than Peter at times but what is it with the BND writers substituting manbaby for down on their luck?). An entire anthropomorphized ant colony - including their eggs - is murdered, and the bad guy is…wait for it…eaten.

Felicia came off okay, but really didn’t have much to do aside from being an object for Peter to be jealous over.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-17-2022 at 06:51 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    In literary terms, it’s world building. A consistent, coherently built world allows the reader to suspend disbelief. When the world building is violated or inconsistent - or the deviations aren’t adequately explained or motivated - it throws the reader out the story.

As we see in the discussion over whether it is plausible for Peter to be chained and/or break the chains. If the rules of Peter’s world had stayed consistent - and if Wells had adequately provided an explanation in ASM 3 - the reader wouldn’t stop to question what happened. Oh well.
    For me, it depends on the subject which rules in what circumstance, but it's astonishing we've only had three issues of this. It's felt longer. Wells is penning an ongoing like a mini.

As we see in the discussion over whether it is plausible for Peter to be chained and/or break the chains. If the rules of Peter's world had stayed consistent - and if Wells had adequately provided an explanation in ASM 3 - the reader wouldn‚’t stop to question what happened. Oh well.
    Have other modern writers kept everything uniform? "X broke the rules, so it's okay" will never be a win in a friendly debate with anyone over ten. But, to me, it seems to have been revised over the years.
    Has enough transpired to "earn" a shift in Parker's favor? It's not quite meant to "function" on pity. Usually, the contrivance must be more personal. I DO NOT want Felicia injured so Parker pushes through whatever has gotten to him. Kareem may suffice in the position if he is an oddly conscientious mook and not a mole.

UGH. I forgot how much I didn't care for this arc. Peter acts like a jealous dog in the manger fifteen year old even though this is during the Spencer run and he’s with Mary Jane.
    It reminds me unfavorably of Conway at his least endearing.

Scott is even more of an incompetent doofus manbaby than Peter
    (and yes, Scott has even worse luck than Peter at times but what is it with the BND writers substituting manbaby for down on their luck?).
    I think the answer lies somewhere in the way modern comics write humor and the rise of web comics.
    An entire anthropomorphized ant colony - including their eggs - is murdered, and the bad guy is…wait for it…eaten.

Wells watches Animal Planet.

Felicia came off okay, but really didn't have much to do aside from being an object for Peter to be jealous over.
    Last edited by Tabs; 06-22-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Mighty Member

I think Mystereo has a hand in this story.He was in 1

Astonishing Member

The delays are making a hard situation to become harder. Just how much time we are going to wait the mistery around thise kids will be answered?

And who in blazes is Kareem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The delays are making a hard situation to become harder. Just how much time we are going to wait the mistery around thise kids will be answered?

And who in blazes is Kareem?
    Kareem is a thug Pete saved in the first issue and funny enough is Twitter has been shipping Paul and Kareem lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpZtSVOARU

spoilers:
    Nothing new for MJ and Felica after preview and Tombstone reveals his plan for Spider-Man, but it's too late
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpZtSVOARU

spoilers:
    Nothing new for MJ and Felica after preview and Tombstone reveals his plan for Spider-Man, but it's too late
    end of spoilers
    "World Without Love"

More like "Story Without Point"