All-New Member

Default Struggling to find a comic

I want to thank people ahead of time because this one had been a struggle.

There was a comic book/graphic novel I read back in the 2000s that I am desperately trying to find again. I don’t remember much of it other than a very unusual art style and it was set in a future where different humans groups had achieved immortality and there were these weird cults or sects or something. Death (like the concept of Death) was pissed about it so he raised some guy to be his enforcer and go kill these groups. It had a very morose and haunting feel to it all but I just can’t find it. If anyone knows what it is I will love you forever.

Other Details:
    It might have had something death related in the title like Thanatos or Necro something. Though that could be my memory playing tricks on me.
    It had a very dreamy art style, almost impressionistic maybe. Gave big Dark City (the movie) vibes.

It is not World Without End.

Quote Originally Posted by XaoticParadigm View Post
    I want to thank people ahead of time because this one had been a struggle.

There was a comic book/graphic novel I read back in the 2000s that I am desperately trying to find again. I don’t remember much of it other than a very unusual art style and it was set in a future where different humans groups had achieved immortality and there were these weird cults or sects or something. Death (like the concept of Death) was pissed about it so he raised some guy to be his enforcer and go kill these groups. It had a very morose and haunting feel to it all but I just can’t find it. If anyone knows what it is I will love you forever.

Other Details:
    It might have had something death related in the title like Thanatos or Necro something. Though that could be my memory playing tricks on me.
    It had a very dreamy art style, almost impressionistic maybe. Gave big Dark City (the movie) vibes.

It is not World Without End.
    You say you read it "back in the 2000s", but do you know if that was when it was first published? Since you said "a comic book/graphic novel", do you know if it could have been a collected edition reprinting earlier material?

Are you in the United States? Did you read it in something published in the U.S., or was this possibly a U.S. story published elsewhere, or conversely, could it have been a story first published in the U.K. or elsewhere?

All-New Member

Thank you for the great questions. I am fairly certain it had to have been published in the 2000s as it felt very new when I read it. Latest it could have been was 2010 if that helps as that is when I read it. The one I read was a single issue. One of the reasons I am looking for it is I only ever got one issue of the story and want to read more. I am in the U.S. it was definitely English originally and not translated, not sure on U.K. Vs U.S. as my memory can’t recall the spelling conventions that would give that away.

All-New Member

If it helps a few things have been jogged out of the depths of my memory. It is set in the far future of Earth. And there are different groups of immortals. I think most of the planet is wrecked and the immortals live in their own cities and at least the group I remember doesn’t even look human anymore. The reaper guy death resurrects took serve him I believe is from “modern” earth (2000s) as I think I remember him having flashbacks in the issue. Not sure if this helps but I think the reaper guy’s suit is like this bone white kinda skin and muscle shaped look more like a monster. Kind of reminds me of the monster design from that Deaths of Ian Stone movie.

Astonishing Member

Is it the First from CrossGen?

All-New Member

Thank you for the suggestion. It is not this. It had a very dreamy almost impressionistic art style.