Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Man

Yup it's been saved. It's another "marvel spotlight' series now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what warrants this being the Marvel Spotlight banner.
    I wonder if the banner means it's a one-off (special or limited series) meant to be detached from the rest of the MCU interconnected saga.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder if the banner means it's a one-off (special or limited series) meant to be detached from the rest of the MCU interconnected saga.
    Be kind of weird since Simon is a classic Avenger.

I sort of feel like "Marvel Spotlight" means: "We shouldn't have greenlit this, but we did so once its over you will never see this character again."

I think it might depend on what kind of commitment the actor was willing to give.

I think it might depend on what kind of commitment the actor was willing to give.
    Moon Knight would probably be Marvel Spotlight now.

So no Beast?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    So no Beast?
    If the show explores Simon's Hollywood career, I really hope there's a scene of him with a man in a furry blue monster costume on some movie set.

Niffleheim

maybe he can have a costume designer and a planet of the apes cosplayer as a friend lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I still wish they had kept Yahya for MCU Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I still wish they had kept Yahya for MCU Cyclops.
    He's already 37 - by the time they get around to introducing the X-Men he'll be in his forties. I have to imagine when they're introduced they'll be young enough to attend "a school for gifted youngsters" but I guess we'll see.

There are several ways they can go with Simon here and Yahya is versatile enough that his casting isn't really a clue as to where they're going. It's unexpected enough that I'm pretty psyched that this will be a good one.

Astonishing Member

But I don't think we'll see any of that connections he had in comics. I guess he could be an Avenger down the road, but without the origin of him betraying the Avengers -- why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    But I don't think we'll see any of that connections he had in comics. I guess he could be an Avenger down the road, but without the origin of him betraying the Avengers -- why bother?
    Too bad he doesn't have a chance to hook up with Wanda .

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The storypoints may be different, but they could still have the effects of that story on his character if they wanted. He could have betrayed someone who was close to him and trying to make up for that. He doesn't have to have been killed and resurrected - maybe he has a near-death experience that leaves him with the same fear of dying and reluctant to fight, etc... (if they even decide to include those traits)

If anything, at least we won't get another MCU character who starts off bad due to their hate of Tony Stark. (as far as we know, but it'd be funny if his past did include that)

The storypoints may be different, but they could still have the effects of that story on his character if they wanted. He could have betrayed someone who was close to him and trying to make up for that. He doesn't have to have been killed and resurrected - maybe he has a near-death experience that leaves him with the same fear of dying and reluctant to fight, etc... (if they even decide to include those traits)

If anything, at least we won't get another MCU character who starts off bad due to their hate of Tony Stark. (as far as we know, but it'd be funny if his past did include that)
    I hope he's still guilty of embezzlement.