Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Man

Make it about him, Herc, and Kingo getting together to make a movie only to find out Grim, Hades, and maybe Nightmare underwrote the movie and own their souls now. Those weren't movie contracts!! :O

I'd be so there and buy subscriptions for people!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I will guess that they'll compress his story where he starts as an arrogant actor, blah blah blah, dies and is brought back with powers by his evil brother, whom he has to stop and thus becomes a hero while saving his Hollywoo career.
    Ha! You get 10 internet point for using "Hollywoo". Bojack Horseman references are always welcome.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ha! You get 10 internet point for using "Hollywoo". Bojack Horseman references are always welcome.
    Hey, if this WM series manages to come even close to what Bojack did in portraying the entertainment industry and C-level celebrity, I will be a happy adultman.

I just hope the story and adaption stays true to Simon's character and his arc. Probably minus the Enchantress, the Masters of Evil, or Vision being his brain pattern brother.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They'll certainly include him being an actor and his brother, but I don't know if anything else will. I also suppose dying and returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how many of his comic looks they'll fit in.
    I know, right?! Hopefully, they'll be able to fit in Simon's glowing eyes (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Hopefully, they'll be able to fit in Simon's glowing eyes (XD)

Yeah, this would not only be cool to see on screen, but it is easily possible for them to do and it will show the audience that Simon is different from your average strong man superhero.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I know I’m going to be in the minority on this, but I don’t love Nathan Fillion for this. He’s too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I know I’m going to be in the minority on this, but I don’t love Nathan Fillion for this. He’s too old.
    How about Jon hamm?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How about Jon hamm?
    He’s too old, too, isn’t he? I think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The bolded (in my opinion).

I don't think they can pull off making him an outright villain and there's no Masters of Evil, but I think he should still get his powers from some kind of villainous organization or group.

You can't use Tony and frankly I don't see Wanda ever loving anyone other than Vision at this point. It would be interesting to see him meet Vision even if I don't think they'll ever incorporate the brain pattern plot point.

I am kind of curious how many of the Disney+ heroes will gravitate to the inevitable new Avengers team.
    I wonder if they’re working their way toward an Avengers West Coast analog.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I wonder if they’re working their way toward an Avengers West Coast analog.
    Too many Avengers dead our out of the picture for it.

Now, X-men on the other hand, surely there's room for a couple of teams at least, specially considering Marvel managed to turn hits on the likes of Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Too many Avengers dead our out of the picture for it.

Now, X-men on the other hand, surely there's room for a couple of teams at least, specially considering Marvel managed to turn hits on the likes of Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    The WCA don't need to be the same line up as in the comics.

Still waiting for tigra in the mcu. Would she be make up on a actress or cg like she-hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Still waiting for tigra in the mcu. Would she be make up on a actress or cg like she-hulk?
    Unless Marvel is willing to invest a lot of money on her CG, makeup might work best. The tail might be a problem. Aside from being around a long time, I can't even say what's interesting about her - she's mostly the visual, but if pressed, I can't tell who who she is and what she's about.

If there is a literal "West Coast Avengers" team I would imagine it being treated as a joke like the "Great Lakes Avengers." Considering that She-Hulk is a comedy, I wonder how much Wonder Man will be. He's the kind of character that does lend itself to comedy.