Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Man

Too be honest it's going to be hard for me to disconnect him playing Black Manta to playing Simon Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Um... yes.
    For me it just doesn't matter I cat bring myself to Care I guess I'd prefer fury or anyone to look how they look in the comics but if they don't I'm not going to lose any sleep I'm more interested in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too be honest it's going to be hard for me to disconnect him playing Black Manta to playing Simon Williams.
    Really? Because he only played Black Manta 1 time so far.

Casting aside, I'm more interested to seeing the concept of the show. (I can imagine it being pitched as a cross between "Barry" and "She-Hulk!") I'm apprehensive that this will lean more into being about celebrity and Hollywood more than super-heroics. There's obviously been precedent, like his solo series - it started out very much about that, and without the Avengers being in his life I'm not sure what other comic stories they'll have to pull from. Marvel does also like dealing with ptsd, so maybe they'll work in his death (or near death) experience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Um... yes.
    Safari jacket.jpg

For the record, I am perfectly okay with never seeing this eyesore design onscreen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I was thinking that Abdul-Mateen is getting typecast as a powerful blue energy superhero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ah, but there was a basis for that. Ultimate universe had a Nick Fury clearly based on the actor who ended up playing him in the movies. In fact, a lot of the Avenges films seemed loosely based off of those books.
    Besides, how do you top perfection?

download.jpg

Niffleheim

Ah, but there was a basis for that. Ultimate universe had a Nick Fury clearly based on the actor who ended up playing him in the movies. In fact, a lot of the Avenges films seemed loosely based off of those books.
    I don't get this?!! Ultimate Universe Wonder Man was black.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I don't get this?!! Ultimate Universe Wonder Man was black.
    Ah, the age old philosophical question: If a comic is published, but no one reads it, is it really canon?

Who cares what the color of skin is.
    1. Can he act?
    2. If 1 is yes, then that is all that matters.
    3. If 1 is no, then they cast the wrong person, regardless of the color of his skin.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Ah, the age old philosophical question: If a comic is published, but no one reads it, is it really canon?
    I can't stand race and gender bending characters but we all know that a lot of stories in the mcu are inspired by the ultimate universe.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Safari jacket.jpg

For the record, I am perfectly okay with never seeing this eyesore design onscreen.
    It'd be okay for a night on the town -- and then gets destroyed when he goes into action. I'm not sure why it ever became a thing -- honestly!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Who cares what the color of skin is.
    Most people who know the character from the comics. Comic books are a very visual medium. So when something Hollywood produces doesn't align with the source material -- it's always going to get called out.

Astonishing Member

Most people who know the character from the comics. Comic books are a very visual medium. So when something Hollywood produces doesn't align with the source material -- it's always going to get called out.
    Hi there. I know the character from the comics. I don't give a bucket of warm monkey jizz if Simon Williams is white. There is nothing about his character in the comics that requires a white dude to play the part.

Astonishing Member

That's why I stated 'most' people.

I'm a visual guy -- not everyone is. I wasn't a fan of the X-Men films because of the (lack of) costumes. I wasn't a fan of CW Flash because the actor looked nothing like Barry Allen from the comic books. Admittedly, many people aren't the same. I'm not going to condemn a project because it doesn't align with my expectation, but will express my disappointment.