Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
Ufffrrghhhh.....
Lex Luthor is a supergenius, class nine intelligence and all. He has that comic book intelligence that allow him to build insane reality warping shit, usually when wanting to get close to Superman he wear a cool purple and green armor and go for it. He also has endless resources as Batman does
Batman...should I rally pull in god batman? Should I really? The "with enough time a preparation" thingies?
Doctor Doom is a sorcerer, martial artist,super genius and what else. In most superhero rpg is the multiclass of multiclasses!
Iron Man is supergenius and gizmoteer, with endless resources....see a trend here.
All "regular" human have the weirdest excuse to how they can do what they do, usually endless money.
Blade....unless he started wearing skintight exoskeleton for killing vampires or goes under cybernetic enhancement(hey were the 90s your were no one if you did not get a glory bionic eyes and soem metal plates, could have happened....)
Notice how when punisher had to deal with really superpowered opponents he either , Oh what a coincidence ! , stumble upon a power armor, or some one use only superweapons, or he get turned briefly into frankestein(loved that story!) And often he barely make it...or he just got the weirdest plot armor/ridiculous amount of luck and complete dumbness of the opponent(everything he defeat Wolverine is frankly as absurd as Superman get mindcontrolled EVERY TIME HE GOES TO GOTHAM WHAT THE HECk WRITERS!)

Now before the 2000 martial arts somehow was seen as one of those "equaliser" of sort , but overtime expecially since articles against fake martial arts and macdojos become more widespread as well as the wise recommendation that no martial arts allow you to dodge bullet or knockout bigger opponents with a simple touch and that in most case running away is best solution(because apparently you have to tell clearly that you can not stop bullets and knives bare handed) kind lowered the appeal of martial arts as "regular dude can handle a god if know those"
Unless is super martial arts, but those are akin to magic(replace spell cha ting with katas is the same) hence superpowers.

So yeah. EitherBlade become freaking Batman, ie super good at everything, filthy rich with kick ass light armor that can be magical as well as Fleet of vehicles and tools for any needs. Or get lil power boost and let him go for the gritty Street hero look.
Dr. Doom regularly loses to the F4 then turns around and takes on characters like the Beyonder, his sorcery and science shouldn't allow him to do things like that yet he does. Unless Blade is taking on Thanos level villains I don't see why he absolutely needs powers. If he's facing barely superhuman characters not much stronger than Cap it's not like he'll die without powers.

I see the majority of Blade fans here want him with powers tho so it doesn't matter what I think agree to disagree all I'll say is if a character absolutely must have powers that makes them seem less interesting imo. A character should be more than their powers and abilities unless it's a huge part of their character. Obviously Superman needs to be super and Hulk needs to get stronger the madder he gets but will Blade fundamentally change as a person with or without powers?