Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Snow

Astonishing Member

Imho, this is the test of how GOT finale fatigued fans really are. If this is a bust, GOT is over (for a long time) as a franchise.

There's little to no buzz about the prequel right now.

Early Twitter/MB talk is already getting fans' hopes up that it will "fix" the finale, but they might not even want to touch it at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A little late to do that, unless its some OC. Which would defeat most of the character's purpose.

As far as my interest; kind of. It has some potential, but more as a 2-3 season series at most.
    Who is the character but a character of revenge...the biggest theme of ASOIAF is generational hatred and vengeance.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Who is the character but a character of revenge...the biggest theme of ASOIAF is generational hatred and vengeance.
    Its about family

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Its about family
    Oh no. The Jon/Sansa shippers are gonna revive worst than the Night King's undead army.

At least Arya is off the continent.

But I do expect Sansa to want Jon to at least visit the North every so often. Because, well, family.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Imho, this is the test of how GOT finale fatigued fans really are. If this is a bust, GOT is over (for a long time) as a franchise.

There's little to no buzz about the prequel right now.

Early Twitter/MB talk is already getting fans' hopes up that it will "fix" the finale, but they might not even want to touch it at this point.
    Yeah, I think the fatigue thing might still be a huge issue. HBO cannot underestimate how much damage the finale season of GOT did. Looking back, season 6's ending IMHO was the beginning of the end, the show slipping into a fan-service caricature of its former self.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would certainly give a look to a Jon Snow series. Though with the White Walkers wiped out and the wildlings also gone except for the ones with Jon, I'm not sure what he'd have to do up there except shiver and fight the occasional polar bear.

I'd rather watch the seafaring adventures of Arya.

Incredible Member

Kit Harrington's film career hasn't taken off like he hoped.

I'd say the only hope for a sequel/spinoff is the White Walkers are poised to make a return somehow. That's thr onky part of GoT's ending that can plausibly be fixed/redeemed.

It's not Benioff and Weiss, so *maybe* somebody has a good idea?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Its about family
    It is definitely hatred and vengeance. The family theme only runs through The Starks.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Something to do with the Children of the Forest would be my idea. Maybe they're not all dead, and maybe there are mysteries to be revealed about them and the origins of Men in Westeros.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    It is definitely hatred and vengeance. The family theme only runs through The Starks.
    And the Lannisters and the Greyjoys I would argue. Vengeance and betrayal, too. Hatred I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Kit Harrington's film career hasn't taken off like he hoped.

I'd say the only hope for a sequel/spinoff is the White Walkers are poised to make a return somehow. That's thr onky part of GoT's ending that can plausibly be fixed/redeemed.

It's not Benioff and Weiss, so *maybe* somebody has a good idea?
    With the way the MCU works who knows how long he'll have to wait to get to suit up as Black Knight. Especially when Eternals had a lukewarm response.

Never been that much of a fan of GoT but a sequel about Jon in the north sounds interesting enough for me to at least give it a chance.

And well, i'm fond of that actor so...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the way the MCU works who knows how long he'll have to wait to get to suit up as Black Knight. Especially when Eternals had a lukewarm response.
    Looks like he might be jumping franchises though with Blade, so hopefully that will do well and Kit's Black Knight can appear there.(or Midnight Suns?)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Looks like he might be jumping franchises though with Blade, so hopefully that will do well and Kit's Black Knight can appear there.(or Midnight Suns?)
    Why double down on a horrible ending? In hope the black knight is leveled up some ..a guy with a sword isn’t useful against superpowered beings.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Why double down on a horrible ending? In hope the black knight is leveled up some ..a guy with a sword isn’t useful against superpowered beings.
    Hawkeye did okay with a arrow.