Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Snow

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Why double down on a horrible ending? In hope the black knight is leveled up some ..a guy with a sword isn’t useful against superpowered beings.
    Depends on the franchise. Marvel has told different stories in different genres. Also, there's Hawkeye(s), Black Widow(s), Star-Lord, Rocket, etc... who are around regular human strength or people like Drax, Gammora, Moon Knight, Bucky, Blade (soon) who are somewhat physically enhanced, but not "superpowered." I imagine Dane would be fine amongst them. (and I also don't doubt they'll have the Ebony Blade be a powerful weapon - maybe not Mjolnir or Ten Rings level, but certainly formidable)

He also wears armor. So there is that too.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Eh, I'm kinda indifferent to this. I would have rather have a show set during the Age of Heroes (or maybe the Andal Invasion). People kept praising GoT for it's unconventional characters but Jon was about as conventional as you could get, yet he was still popular for some reason lol. I personally thought he was very bland and generic. Of all the characters he was one of the least interesting. I mean, just meh...

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm still pissed they passed on BloodMoon. I didn't care about Dance of The Dragons tbh. Not as much as the original Long Night anyway.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Snow (working title)...another Targaryen show, really? just what is with the obsession with the Targaryens?

(some humor intended, it's funny because it's true)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-24-2022 at 05:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

They're pretty and crazy and they have dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Why is there nothing on GRRM's blog? Is he not fond of it?
    https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/
    There is now. Popped up on June 23, 2022.

He seems to be for it, he just can't talk about it till HBO says he can. At least the nuts and bolts of it.

"It seems as though Emilia Clarke has already mentioned that SNOW was Kit’s idea in a recent interview. So that part is out. Yes, it was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us. I cannot tell you the names of the writers/ showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet… but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    There is now. Popped up on June 23, 2022.

He seems to be for it, he just can't talk about it till HBO says he can. At least the nuts and bolts of it.

"It seems as though Emilia Clarke has already mentioned that SNOW was Kit’s idea in a recent interview. So that part is out. Yes, it was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us. I cannot tell you the names of the writers/ showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet… but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific."
    While I appreciate you letting me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Eh, I'm kinda indifferent to this. I would have rather have a show set during the Age of Heroes (or maybe the Andal Invasion). People kept praising GoT for it's unconventional characters but Jon was about as conventional as you could get, yet he was still popular for some reason lol. I personally thought he was very bland and generic. Of all the characters he was one of the least interesting. I mean, just meh...
    GoT for me was about defying expectations and Jon is its most heroic character in the traditional sense. I look forward to the shows about Dunk & Egg and Nymeria, though.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-26-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Why are there 8 GoT shows again? Are all of these going to be airing at the same time? I don't know this sounds like a total nightmare and mess of a franchise. I don't see any reason to keep going after 8 long seasons but that's just me
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Why are there 8 GoT shows again? Are all of these going to be airing at the same time? I don't know this sounds like a total nightmare and mess of a franchise. I don't see any reason to keep going after 8 long seasons but that's just me
    I think a lot of people are going to scrutinize this new show so much, hoping for it to be an unofficial redo/ undoing of season 8. I mean, Dany flew off with just a sword wound and even if she were dead, we know death doesn't have to be the end for a character... (although part of me wants her and Drogo to come back with their dead kid in tow as uber zombies, sitting on thrones made of corpses, but that's me)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to scrutinize this new show so much, hoping for it to be an unofficial redo/ undoing of season 8. I mean, Dany flew off with just a sword wound and even if she were dead, we know death doesn't have to be the end for a character... (although part of me wants her and Drogo to come back with their dead kid in tow as uber zombies, sitting on thrones made of corpses, but that's me)
    Yeah. One stab to the heart. She dead. And while probably a different setup than what Martin had, the outcome would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well the premise of this show doesn't really bother me, it's mostly the fact that there is gonna be so much ASOIAF content in the next decade and I feel like there should only be one or two spin off shows, maybe with a couple feature length film installments. Are some of these new shows going to be miniseries or are all of these intended to go for a while?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Well the premise of this show doesn't really bother me, it's mostly the fact that there is gonna be so much ASOIAF content in the next decade and I feel like there should only be one or two spin off shows, maybe with a couple feature length film installments. Are some of these new shows going to be miniseries or are all of these intended to go for a while?
    The original Long Night should be a major movie or a big mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The original Long Night should be a major movie or a big mini series.
    With some actual consultation with historians on how to lay out the plans for that big of a siege. Instead of, whatever that craptastic plan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    With some actual consultation with historians on how to lay out the plans for that big of a siege. Instead of, whatever that craptastic plan was.
    It was barely a siege. The zombies just flat out busted in within an hour.