Extraordinary Member

Default Fables #152 Preview

Fables #152 Preview
    Writer: Bill Willingham
    Artist: Mark Buckingham

Ah, don't you just love that post-resurrection and restoration nudity ?

Rose Red?

Since it's been so long since Fables ended, I am trying to remember what's what. Spoilers ahead.

First, it is cool that Willingham finally gets to bring Peter Pan into the fold, and he is awesome, the power behind everything. A question; is he referring to our world when he tells Gepetto that it was off limits?
    The resurrection of Cinderella is a nice present to the fans. Though I have to go back and reread when she died. Don't know who the new Jack Green is? If it is Rose Red, than living in the same realm as Snow is a problem.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Since it's been so long since Fables ended, I am trying to remember what's what. Spoilers ahead.

First, it is cool that Willingham finally gets to bring Peter Pan into the fold, and he is awesome, the power behind everything. A question; is he referring to our world when he tells Gepetto that it was off limits?
    The resurrection of Cinderella is a nice present to the fans. Though I have to go back and reread when she died. Don't know who the new Jack Green is? If it is Rose Red, than living in the same realm as Snow is a problem.
    First question, yeah it's supposed to be "our" Earth. If I recall correctly, Pan was supposed to be the original Big Bad, but there was still some legal concerns around using him way back in '02 when Willingham started up Fables. So, Gepetto took his place. Pan wanted it for himself because he used it as "stock" for his lost boys.
    Cinderella died from wounds fighting and killing Bellflower/Totenkinder. She finished off Totenkinder by stabbing her in the head with the glass slipper and then died from her injuries.
    Not sure who the new Jack Green is, but I "think" it's supposed to be a re-incarnated/re-born/Next Gen version of Jack of the Tales. IE, yet another storybook character named Jack with a new role.

Thanks for the recap sbp. I hadn't thought of the lost boys angle, but now it seems obvious. I like how they set up Gepetto to be a major threat in the first two issues until the ending here. And then Pow!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!