Default Captain Marvel (MCU) vs. Super Sonic (Live action sonic 2 movie)

Arena fight. Standard rules.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Even before his Super transformation, Sonic would've been challenging for Carol. Captain Marvel's superhuman durability negates most of what Sonic could physically do, making her, in Sonic's eyes, a nigh-invulnerable statue; however, Sonic's Portal Rings are a game-changer. It's Sonic's fight to lose; his superspeed + Portal Ring combo is a doozy, but he can't afford to take a single hit from Captain Marvel.

But Super Sonic changes everything. He's strong enough to casually stop a kaiju-sized robot's punch. That's already more impressive than what we've seen from most of the MCU heavy-hitters. Couple that with his superspeed, which was already insanely high, and you're looking at a being who's now Carol's physical match. But Captain Marvel is more durable than she is strong, as evident when she no-sold Thanos's attacks. Super Sonic has literally all the time in the world to test that and just might succeed where the Mad Titan failed.

Both beings wield seemingly unlimited power. Captain Marvel is quite literally a living Infinity Stone. Meanwhile, Sonic released an energy wave in the first movie that was picked up by Tails on his homeworld--which was lightyears away. As Super Sonic, his power has been greatly amplified. Speaking of power, let's not forget Super Sonic has reality-warping capabilities. While he used it to conjure a chili dog out of thin air, it's probably not a power we should underestimate.

Also, I think Super Sonic still has Portal Rings as his standard equipment if I'm not mistaken. Either way, I think the Super Saiyan-like hedgehog has the edge, and I'm giving him the win. It'd be one hell of an awesome fight!
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 06-18-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I think Super Sonic still has Portal Rings as his standard equipment if I'm not mistaken. Either way, I think the Super Saiyan-like hedgehog has the edge, and I'm giving him the win. It'd be one hell of an awesome fight!
    I don't think Super Sonic had any ring at the time he assimilated the Emerald (as I recall Tom had to save him from Robotnik with one after running away from Robotnik and Knuckles for long enough). Now regular Sonic could maybe teleport Cap away with speed and one ring, but even without rings and even assuming Sonic couldn't imagine himself a bigger super move with the Emerald, I don't think Captain Marvel would like Super Sonic massively charging himself with the Emerald before blitzing her like a mega hero winning the world series of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Arena fight. Standard rules.
    Arena match means Carol can't touch Sonic.