Spectacular Member

Default Justice League Infinite Frontier Questions

I've fallen quite a bit behind in the lore since Death Metal created Infinite Frontier. Any help on the following questions would be great!

1) When did Wonder Woman return? I couldn't figure it out when I skimmed through the comics and saw Diana randomly appearing somewhere around issue #70. I couldn't pinpoint how or when. She was just... there.

2) In issue #72 Flash is wearing the Wally West version of the main Flash suit but before that the Flash seemed to be wearing Barry's Rebirth version of the costume... was that a mistake by the illustrators? I was under the impression Barry stayed helping both Incarnate and the merger between them and Luthor's team, but sometimes it seems the Flash helping the JL is legit Barry and not Wally. Is it *meant* to be Wally and they are writing him like Barry? Is it actually Barry sometimes? Was Wally wearing Barry's Rebirth suit sometimes?

3) I wouldn't be surprised if they mentioned it - around the time Thanagar attacks, Martian Manhunter re-appears... did they explain him leaving the team at some point? Or is the reader just supposed to take Bendis' run as "there are the main 9 I want to focus on but there are others who fluidly move in and out of the team"?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wonder Woman returns in 779/780.

Martian Manhunter wasn't in Justice League after Synder left. The issues between Synder and Bendis used Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Barry Flash and Stewart Green Lantern.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Thanks! And is that the issue numbers of her own title?
    Good to know about MM. Thanks! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wonder Woman returns in 779/780.

Martian Manhunter wasn't in Justice League after Synder left. The issues between Synder and Bendis used Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Barry Flash and Stewart Green Lantern.
    The roster in the tail end of Bendis's run fluctuated slightly. He lost Superman and Flash due to the events of Warworld Saga and Infinite Frontier. He added in Wonder Woman after she came back in her solo book, though she only appears in the last two arcs - the Justice League Dark and Legion of Super-Heroes crossovers. J'onn, Hal Jordan, and Wally West all appeared in other books representing the JL occasionally, despite not being on Bendis's team. And the Legion crossover added Jon Kent, who was called in due to the Legionnaires already knowing him. So when the League died, the surviving roster should have been Jon, Wally, Hal, Naomi, and Adam. The Dark Crisis book itself though treats it as just Naomi and Adam. Hippolyta was killed off in Trial of the Amazons, and the rest of Bendis's team plus J'onn and Zatanna fell to Pariah in JL #75.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I'm getting a slight vibe from this event, being a Crisis so soon after Infinite Frontier started, is partially to undo some of Bendis' work. I've seen lines like "the age of heroes is over", which iirc was a phrase that started around the time he and DiDio took the reins from Johns (and he even reiterated in the last page of his JL run). I'm wondering if they made Jon the leader of this new JL as a final hoorah foe him before this Crisis de-ages him back. It is also curious they don't have Naomi stay on the team (I read the issues but don't recall them saying why she wasn't joining).

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    I'm getting a slight vibe from this event, being a Crisis so soon after Infinite Frontier started, is partially to undo some of Bendis' work. I've seen lines like "the age of heroes is over", which iirc was a phrase that started around the time he and DiDio took the reins from Johns (and he even reiterated in the last page of his JL run). I'm wondering if they made Jon the leader of this new JL as a final hoorah foe him before this Crisis de-ages him back. It is also curious they don't have Naomi stay on the team (I read the issues but don't recall them saying why she wasn't joining).
    Doubt they'll de-age Jon due to how hard DC is pushing his sexuality these days.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Doubt they'll de-age Jon due to how hard DC is pushing his sexuality these days.
    Good point

Also Taylor said that he has plans for Son of Kal-El past issue 18, which means it continues into next year, and Jon clearly won't be regressed.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Naomi feels like she should've been there (she would've been if she'd grabbed Martian Manhunter like how Green Arrow grabbed Black Canary). Which is dumb logic - had she been there, she'd be "dead" too. It's guilt that prompted her to step down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Naomi feels like she should've been there (she would've been if she'd grabbed Martian Manhunter like how Green Arrow grabbed Black Canary). Which is dumb logic - had she been there, she'd be "dead" too. It's guilt that prompted her to step down.
    That's good to know. It seems I've let my bias against the Age of Heroes and Jon's aging cloud my judgment haha.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I really wonder if it is that the writers aren't tethered by Bendis anymore and took the first opportunity they had to get rid of Naomi as a League member... or they are distancing themselves from her after her CW show didn't succeed. Both? Or I'm completely off-base. Just conjecture, haha. Thank you!

Spectacular Member

Oh! I just saw it is you, Digifiend! Nice to see you on a different forum (if you even recognize me). I've been fairly inactive on most boards but it is nice (and rare) to see a familiar face.