Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mwten View Post
    I'd make major changes to the cosmology
    This all the way. I hope yours has no mention of cosmic doorknobs or rainbow themed spectrums and Forces
    Last edited by Stanlos; 06-20-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I would take on piracy the best I could, by trying to get google, microsoft and yahoo to eliminate illegal free comic streaming sites, that I can find super easily in their search engines.
    Would be likely easier and more profitable if DC would just make a legal subscrition site with a reasonable priced flatrate...

But that's kind of of topic.

Astonishing Member

Things would be very much like the Byrne era Or patterned mite after classic Tas

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I would take on piracy the best I could, by trying to get google, microsoft and yahoo to eliminate illegal free comic streaming sites, that I can find super easily in their search engines.

(I imagine they are all operated out of countries that are immune to US law, I don't understand why they are allowed to continue to operate)

Getting rid of bitorrent sites would be harder, but as long as this exists comics are a declining industry in the long run.
    At least one of those sites has a .ru domain, which means it's based in Russia. They sure don't care about US law right now. Another one is .li, which is Liechtenstein. Can't say I know anything about their politics, but it's a pretty small country.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Would be likely easier and more profitable if DC would just make a legal subscrition site with a reasonable priced flatrate...

But that's kind of of topic.
    Exactly. It worked for streaming.

BANNED

I go back and forth between various plans when it comes to what I would do, but I think the simplest solution to DC's problem would be the following:

*erase Snyder's Multiverse changes

*erase everything that's happened in the DCU since 2018, especially aged up Jon Kent and any and all sexual preference changes.

As for how this would be done, I'd go with a story that is not about heroes and villains teaming up to fight yet another big bad but instead, heroes and villains teaming up to save their very reality from a catastrophe. The source of this catastrophe is that the instability caused by COIE, Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint, and Doctor Manhattan's influence have rendered all realities unstable. Barry Allen discovers that something is wrong with the Speed Force and this leads him to team up with other characters from the Multiverse as well as the Monitors.

The solution to the impending erasure of all existence is to separate "New Earth" into its constituent universes: Earth-One, Earth-Two, Earth-Four, Earth-S, and Earth-X. Barry and the others believe this will "heal" the fabric of reality across all time and space. Barry ultimately learns, however, that he must permanently rejoin the Speed Force to separate the Earths. He does so and his return causes not just the separation of the universes but an "updating" of the entire Multiverse. The original Multiverse returns but is merged with elements of the post-Infinite Crisis and New 52 Multiverses. The fabric of reality is restored, countless lives are saved, but Barry Allen is gone yet again.

After this story, DC publishes titles set on various Earths. Earth-Zero is a new "Ultimate DC," a truly full reboot (unlike post-COIE and New 52) that updates existing DC heroes while creating new characters in familiar roles as in the Silver Age. Titles here include Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.

Earths One and Two are now updated versions of their pre-COIE iterations though with some post-COIE changes. When necessary, post-COIE stories can remain canon and are established to have happened but differently.

Earth-One has Action Comics, Detective Comics, Sensational Comics, The Flash, The GL Corps, JLA, Titans, Legion of Superheroes, and Superman and Batman family books.

Earth Two gets a modern JSA book and a book set in the Golden Age.

Earth-Three gets a Crime Syndicate and Alexander Luthor book, Earth-Four gets Blue & Gold (Booster travels the Multiverse easily now) Question, and Peacemaker books, while Earth-Five is Captain Thunder (Captain Marvel renamed to his original moniker) and Earths Six and Seven are horror and science fiction titles, respectively.

Mini series and one shots would also be set on these and other Earths. We'd see Freedom Fighters on Earth-10 and would occasionally drop in on Elseworld universes like TDKR and Kingdom Come.

Finally, one title would be set in the 30th century and would chronicle the adventures of Barry Allen, who survived saving all of reality and is back with Iris. Barry would still be the Flash, traveling through time and the Multiverse. Perhaps he'd even put together a team of his own, perhaps a new version of The Challengers of The Unknown?

Edited to add: the New Earth-One would not feature a married Superman and Lois with their son. Instead, they would exist on a separate Earth. I'd like to see a return (even if just briefly) to the Super Triangle and an exploration of Superman/Clark/Lois' relationship that would unfold differently than post-COIE. Maybe Clark ends up with Lana? I'd just like to see a different approach to their relationship than what we've seen since 1986.
    Last edited by Kirk Brent; 06-20-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Less derivative characters. You only have legacy characters if the previous carriers of the mantle are dead (I'll allow a couple of multiple Earths as a way out of this one, but not many). A character should only have two books tops. More team books. If done right, less can be more.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Divine Continuum stays
    Omniverse that is the infinite earths stays
    Hypertime that is the infinite alternate timeline stays to explain minute inconsistencies
    Megaverse stays
    Megaverse-0 to contain Multiverse-1 and 2 and Dark
    Megaverse-1 is the Metaverse
    Megaverse-2 is the Convergence (unless there's other explanation)

Like I said in the other thread, the current cosmic hierarchy stays
    The Presence = The Source = The Overvoid = creator of the Omniverse
    EXCEPT The Presence is not the Judeo Christian God. As a raised Christian I'm currently really tired of people in real life thinking their religion is the most valid, so I'm taking it out here. Let the creator be unnamed. Let it be truly an Overvoid. That way people can assign any creator they believe in (yes including Judeo Christian) I'm just evening the playing field.

New Gods, Greek Gods, Celtic Gods, Hindu Gods, Egyptian Gods and Norse Gods can be independent extension avatars or aspects that characters can interact, depending on your interpretation. Like the end of an unlimited tentacles of the same being, or not. They're gods. They're supposed to be mysterious anyway.

Following that, no changes here:
    The Hands = Perpetua = The Super Celestials = creator of each Multiverse
    Monitor = Anti Monitor = World Forger
    Barbatos
    and so on

Now. Continuity itself is a bit harder. I want to include as much as possible, but there's so many details built on top of retconned details.

Let's start with I'm not killing anyone
    Such a convulated mess of bad ideas stacked on top if bad ideas. Just go back to the classic multiverse model of multiple Earths without all the stupid extras.

Zero, why you holding back so? Tell us how you REALLY feel����������������

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Such a convulated mess of bad ideas stacked on top if bad ideas. Just go back to the classic multiverse model of multiple Earths without all the stupid extras.
    No offense to restingvoice, but I agree that the Multiverse is the simplest and most elegant solution. It has been since the Silver Age and it was only when it was mismanaged that it became problematic.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Don't ever have a Crisis event ever again. Have big crossovers and events, but no more Crisis events, stories about threats to the multi-verse, or reboots.

Don't ever have any more characters come back from the dead. If someone dies, they stay dead.

Take some time and create a clear, well thought out time line.

Have the current prime Earth formally be a hybrid of the New 52 and Post Crisis continuity, so that the Post Crisis is a distinct continuity that ended with Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Don't ever have a Crisis event ever again. Have big crossovers and events, but no more Crisis events, stories about threats to the multi-verse, or reboots.

Don't ever have any more characters come back from the dead. If someone dies, they stay dead.

Take some time and create a clear, well thought out time line.

Have the current prime Earth formally be a hybrid of the New 52 and Post Crisis continuity, so that the Post Crisis is a distinct continuity that ended with Flashpoint.
    I am going to say it. "$crew New 52"

It literally broke the DCU for no effing reason and not a single GDT worth the damage. Here we are years later and just treading water through one empty "event" after another.

Bury that crap. Or better yet Omega Sanction it out of existence entirely. Even if some random character woke up and it was all a dream in the most cliche fashion in history it would be preferable to the salad spinner of f#<[ that has been the DCU since that ridiculously stupid stunt.

-To echo what others have said, no more Crisis level events or reboots. At best, just do Zero Hour style reboots that keeps the universe intact.

-Make all comics seasonal. All runs will be divided into different seasons. 12 issues make a season. Go hard on digital. Digital exclusive titles, more web toons and non superhero options for readers. YA books set in it's own continuity breathing new life into lesser known characters.

-Shuttle off the Nu52 into it's own universe. Same goes for the Pre Crisis continuity. They should be separate earths; Earth 1, Earth and Earth 52. The main continuity would be on Earth 0. The main continuity should be a combination of Post Crisis continuity mixed with elements from Rebirth and some Pre Crisis elements. Take cues from how the current Flash run, WW run and Batman comics are doing it. In Flash, Wally's history is consistent with Vol2, in WW they are reincorporating and updating elements from Perez and Jiminez runs and on Batman anything from the last 80 years of Batman is up for grabs.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No. I like the stupid extras, plus I already said why I need them: to explain major difference between versions and the minute differences of continuity, because when you have so many writers and characters, someone's bound to make a mistake, and I want answer to that mistake. That is part of my requirement in immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    No offense to restingvoice, but I agree that the Multiverse is the simplest and most elegant solution. It has been since the Silver Age and it was only when it was mismanaged that it became problematic.
    None taken.

Y'all make your own version.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I am going to say it. "$crew New 52"

It literally broke the DCU for no effing reason and not a single GDT worth the damage. Here we are years later and just treading water through one empty "event" after another.

Bury that crap. Or better yet Omega Sanction it out of existence entirely. Even if some random character woke up and it was all a dream in the most cliche fashion in history it would be preferable to the salad spinner of f#<[ that has been the DCU since that ridiculously stupid stunt.
    At this point I think doing that would just cause more complexity and confusion.