Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #783 Preview (Dark Crisis Tie-In)

The Flash #778 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan

Everybody loves Jay .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Everybody loves Jay .
    Have Wally's kids ever met Rudy?

DC Database Fandom wiki says his last appearance before Flashpoint was in Impulse #49 in 1999, so no (and he's only appeared in flashbacks to Wally's childhood in Rebirth). They weren't born yet. He's a villain (though not a SUPERvillain like his brother Daniel, Ace's father), so it makes sense that Jay is their surrogate grandfather figure instead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Looking forward to picking this up this week.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This issue was fantastic - and I loved seeing Jesse Quick since I fell in love with her in the DC Legends mobile game.

Amancay Nahuelpan's art is next level - so glad he went from Tec to here. About time this book had a really solid art team!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Two main things that I came away with from this (really good) issue.

First, Wally's cowl actually looked good here. I like Persarin (if that's how you spell it) but I really dislike the way he draws Wally with the nose covering - his headlands up looking way too big. But he looked great here. Top notch art in general.

Second, I kind of hope Wally doesn't bring Barry back from wherever he is, and they just give Barry his own book set in this Silver Age dimension. That whole section was wonderful and fits Barry to a tee. This presumably will not happen but at the very least, I hope he returns to the main DCU with his proper Flash suit in tow. That New 52 trainwreck has got to go.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fernando Pasarin is one of my least favorite artist who has drawn so many of my favorite comics (Hawkman, Deathstroke, Flash). I'm SO happy that Amancay is on the book for a while now - he is so good, draws such appealing art, and just came off a great run on Detective Comics!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post

First, Wally's cowl actually looked good here. I like Persarin (if that's how you spell it) but I really dislike the way he draws Wally with the nose covering - his headlands up looking way too big. But he looked great here. Top notch art in general.

Second, I kind of hope Wally doesn't bring Barry back from wherever he is, and they just give Barry his own book set in this Silver Age dimension. That whole section was wonderful and fits Barry to a tee. This presumably will not happen but at the very least, I hope he returns to the main DCU with his proper Flash suit in tow. That New 52 trainwreck has got to go.
    If not for the context, which makes it basically non-negotiable. And I don't think Barry needs a Silver Age dimension.

BANNED

If not for the context, which makes it basically non-negotiable. And I don't think Barry needs a Silver Age dimension.
    He may not need a Silver Age dimension, but I think he needs his Bronze Age happy status quo back: married to Iris and living in the 30th century. He can still be a Flash and have his own book, but Wally is the Flash of the 21s century.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    He may not need a Silver Age dimension, but I think he needs his Bronze Age happy status quo back: married to Iris and living in the 30th century. He can still be a Flash and have his own book, but Wally is the Flash of the 21s century.
    Oh yeah, I don't think he and Iris are even married again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post

Well, that dimension is clearly a trap and an illusion, so no. I don't think we need to shuffle Barry off to another dimension or to the future. Whenever anyone says that, it's never about what's cool for the character. It's usually someone who isn't a fan that wants him out of the way.

Oh yeah, I don't think he and Iris are even married again...
    It is kinda weird that Wally is married with kids and Barry is still technically single.

BANNED

Everybody loves Jay .
    Cool, nazi-punching grandpa with a pie-tin hat. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Cool, nazi-punching grandpa with a pie-tin hat. What's not to love?
    Anyone who disses his costume I would have words with .