Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Are all Flash threads largely consumed with Wally vs. Barry?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Basically you think DC should develop the same mindset towards Barry that DiDio used to have towards Wally when he thought there was no real place left for him with Barry around. Now Barry's own story has to be about him "looking for his place" due to being "successfully replaced" by Wally? Yeah I'm not sure that's gonna work since I very much doubt that's what Barry fans want to read about.
    Bingo. You hit the nail on the head here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    Agree to disagree. Barry's no obsolete but Wally is the superior Flash based on duration and achievements alone.
    I hope this isn't the "Wally is superior because he is faster" argument. Like that means something. I don't know if you mean actual achievements by the characters or achievements in the story sense. Barry's original run was about fun adventure stories, and he achieved that extremely well. Either way, Wally isn't superior to Barry.

Did he say "Surge"? I like it.

Loved the issue. Will be interesting to see where Barry is and what DC has planned for him.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I hope this isn't the "Wally is superior because he is faster" argument. Like that means something. I don't know if you mean actual achievements by the characters or achievements in the story sense. Barry's original run was about fun adventure stories, and he achieved that extremely well. Either way, Wally isn't superior to Barry.
    As I mentioned, I'm referring to the quality and quantity of Wally's time as The Flash. He was more deeply explored as a character than Barry was before COIE. I don't think that's up for debate. I also don't think anything's really been done to make Barry's return meaningful and worthwhile. That's not to say he shouldn't have been brought back, just that I think more can be done with Barry than we've seen since Flash: Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Are all Flash threads largely consumed with Wally vs. Barry?
    The neverending waste of time that leads nowhere, serves no purpose and offers no solution.

As I mentioned, I'm referring to the quality and quantity of Wally's time as The Flash. He was more deeply explored as a character than Barry was before COIE. I don't think that's up for debate. I also don't think anything's really been done to make Barry's return meaningful and worthwhile. That's not to say he shouldn't have been brought back, just that I think more can be done with Barry than we've seen since Flash: Rebirth.
    Despite them both being called the Flash, Barry and Wally's runs were different and were trying to achieve different things. And Barry and Wally are different characters with different journeys so to say that one is superior to the other is stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The neverending waste of time that leads nowhere, serves no purpose and offers no solution.
    I thought the Batgirls and Robins threads were consumed with it. Sigh. I was just hoping to talk about the current issue, which I love.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Despite them both being called the Flash, Barry and Wally's runs were different and were trying to achieve different things. And Barry and Wally are different characters with different journeys so to say that one is superior to the other is stupid to me.
    Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree. We have this in common: we both like Barry and Wally. I personally believe there's a way to make fans of both happy, though it's up for debate as to what that solution is. Let's hope DC figures it out one day!

I sadly doubt they care much about figuring it out. When it comes to any legacy franchise it's rarely about "trying to please everyone". Usually it's about prioritizing the poster boy the higher ups are invested in, whoever happens to be playing that role. The others usually get crumbs or get thrown in some secondary title that serves no purpose beyond telling their fans they are simply featured somewhere and adds little to the direction of the franchise.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-23-2022 at 10:54 AM.

we both like Barry and Wally. I personally believe there's a way to make fans of both happy, though it's up for debate as to what that solution is. Let's hope DC figures it out one day!
    I agree here. I am a fan of both. DC could make both work. How? I am not sure yet.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought the Batgirls and Robins threads were consumed with it. Sigh. I was just hoping to talk about the current issue, which I love.
    Also, beware of Green Lantern threads.

Yikes. So far, no GL runs I love enough to really want to chat about them, but...I know HEAT etc are legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also, beware of Green Lantern threads.
    And Blue Beetle Threads, and Firestorm Threads...Ad Nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    And Blue Beetle Threads, and Firestorm Threads...Ad Nauseum.
    I've never seen Firestorm threads get that heated because he barely appears as is but I can imagine there being a Ronnie fans vs Jason fans thing going on.