Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    That would have been way beyond her communication skills at the time.
    Frankly, I think it's way beyond her emotional and communication skills at the current point in the timeline to be that self-aware and expressive, too. But I didn't mean to say she had to give a long soliloquy to show her human side. (That she had a human side?) I just wanted the character to be true to the relationships and emotions that were established over her entire run to that point.

I'm actually giving Laura more credit than the writing that I think failed her. She can be stoic and the silent type with difficulty understanding and communicating her feelings (which she certainly is) without being an uncaring a$$hole who shits on the people she was just using and tricked into thinking they meant something to her. To me, writing her as a person who treats people like that (without acknowledging she is wrong and atoning) is a disservice to an otherwise compelling character.

EDIT: And it seems like she might have eventually acknowledged and atoned, because they show her in later panels fighting besides Hellion and he is both at her mom's funeral and her lost love in Old Woman Laura. But there is no explanation in the panels for their reconciliation.
    Last edited by Ulysian_Thracs; 06-20-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Shes developing a type..
    #jussayin'
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    EDIT: And it seems like she might have eventually acknowledged and atoned, because they show her in later panels fighting besides Hellion and he is both at her mom's funeral and her lost love in Old Woman Laura. But there is no explanation in the panels for their reconciliation.
    The frustrating thing about Julian being at Sarah's funeral is that Taylor acknowledged that the Laura/Hellion frielationship was significant for a sizable chunk of her fanbase, but he said he didn't want to just have Julian show up if he couldn't do anything meaningful with it....And then the two times he shows up is in a single panel without dialog, and then a single flashback panel in an AU future where he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The frustrating thing about Julian being at Sarah's funeral is that Taylor acknowledged that the Laura/Hellion frielationship was significant for a sizable chunk of her fanbase, but he said he didn't want to just have Julian show up if he couldn't do anything meaningful with it....And then the two times he shows up is in a single panel without dialog, and then a single flashback panel in an AU future where he's dead.
    It is very frustrating (and quite confusing) as a reader. But I found it very in-character for Hellion to show up to be there for Laura at her lowest point, even after how she treated him. The defining characteristic of Hellion is that no matter how much anyone sh!ts on him, he always answers the call when they're in need. I just wonder who invited him? lol

I have no idea why all the writers at Marvel have no use for this guy who has been through so much and is still fighting the good fight. Since they're obviously never going to give him a real role on a team, I would love to see him turn into a Manchester Black type psionic anti-hero that Laura has to battle and eventually redeem. (Which I thought was going to be his storyline after Utopia.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Shes developing a type..
    #jussayin'
    Probably needs to follow the other Wolverines' lead and start hooking up with Asians.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Probably needs to follow the other Wolverines' lead and start hooking up with Asians.
    I mean she is reconnecting with Jubilee....

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Shes developing a type..
    #jussayin'
    Yes. Guys who don't have a lot of hair. The balder, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yes. Guys who don't have a lot of hair. The balder, the better.
    I haven't read all of X-23s stuff. Who has she been romantic with besides (quasi) Hellion, Angel, and now Synch?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I haven't read all of X-23s stuff. Who has she been romantic with besides (quasi) Hellion, Angel, and now Synch?
    She dreamed of having a kid with fantomx when Claremont wrote her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She dreamed of having a kid with fantomx when Claremont wrote her
    NON CANON!!!

10chars

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who is the blond mutant? I first thought Magma, then I saw the tubes on the back, thought Pyro, but he looks different. Then I thought Cypher, but he does not have those powers. I am lost.
    Guess none of you flatscans know
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Author posted exploding boy

Incredible Member

Maybe is Flambé from the Hell Belles?
    Last edited by Milici; 06-21-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    NON CANON!!!

10chars
    Wasn't that the story that officialy introduced her in 616, after NYX was more of a "maybe, maybe not" in continuity situation?

Or do you consider her official introduction to 616, to be her minis followed by her post Decimination New X-men role?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't that the story that officialy introduced her in 616, after NYX was more of a "maybe, maybe not" in continuity situation?

Or do you consider her official introduction to 616, to be her minis followed by her post Decimination New X-men role?
    I view canon as “whatever writers will acknowledge,” especially since the universe technically reset post-Secret Wars. NYX has been acknowledged less than a handful of times, none since Secret Wars. I think Laura’s X-Men appearances before Decimation have received maybe one throwaway line in the Academy X run. If no one acknowledges it, did it really happen?