Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Is the image of Colossus, Doug, and Warlock supposed to be from New Mutants? There's already a New Mutants image and an image that looks to be from Immortal X-Men.

The Red Dragon

Jean letting herself get stabbed despite being a telekinetic? Yawn. It’s so dumb but they keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was a fun one. Loved the talk about Cyclops and Cable up front but what about Cable and Hope? That’s another Father’s Day relationship worth mentioning, especially considering her importance now as not only a member of The Five but also the QC (not to mention the badass way she used her training from her father to dispatch Selene).
    I was thinking about this the whole time! If you spend a bunch of time talking about dad's and Cable you gotta mention the Father-Daughter relationship that was at the center of X-Men books for the entire Decimation era!

Some of these images are exciting! Looking forward to the Kitty Pryde "You're a Jerk!" moment in IXM and Colossus, Warlock, and Doug showing up in New Mutants. I do wish Percy would wrap up or at least progress his sleeper agent plot, because it kinda sucks knowing that all of Piotr's interactions aren't genuine.

There’s only so much story real estate in these comics. I’m reminded of the conversation we had a few weeks ago about Changeling and Hellion. (Shout-out to X-Fan Rift!)
    I got them to mention Hellion. I'm satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I was thinking about this the whole time! If you spend a bunch of time talking about dad's and Cable you gotta mention the Father-Daughter relationship that was at the center of X-Men books for the entire Decimation era!

Some of these images are exciting! Looking forward to the Kitty Pryde "You're a Jerk!" moment in IXM and Colossus, Warlock, and Doug showing up in New Mutants. I do wish Percy would wrap up or at least progress his sleeper agent plot, because it kinda sucks knowing that all of Piotr's interactions aren't genuine.
    I'd also like to know (and correct me if its been revealed already) to what extent he HAS autonomy of his actions.
    Like, is he being instructed as he goes? Can they see through his eyes? Is he himself until he's "remotely" directed on any given day at any given time?
    How much of Colossus IS Colossus?

Extraordinary Member

I can't help but doubt the Colossus image is really from New Mutants because the X-line as a whole seems to have forgotten that the Rasputins are siblings since HOXPOX began. It seems like Percy refuses to acknowledge that Illyana exists in X-Force when he had Beast parade the brother of one of Krakoa's military leaders around like an animal in front of several of her closest friends, and that everyone forgot Colossus exists during X of Swords when he never showed up to say a word to his little sister who was marching off to war.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I can't help but doubt the Colossus image is really from New Mutants because the X-line as a whole seems to have forgotten that the Rasputins are siblings since HOXPOX began. It seems like Percy refuses to acknowledge that Illyana exists in X-Force when he had Beast parade the brother of one of Krakoa's military leaders around like an animal in front of several of her closest friends, and that everyone forgot Colossus exists during X of Swords when he never showed up to say a word to his little sister who was marching off to war.
    That's one writer though. Remember it was Vita that reunited Laura and Gabby and acknowledged their relationship after they'd been separated for a huge CHUNK of the Krakoa era. They tend to prioritize relationships and emotional beats over plot so I'm holding out hope.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I will point out that White noted that Rachel is unique in the multiverse again...

Sounds like the Joanne Beaubier plotline isn't going to get picked up. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Even aside from the kid angle, I suspect there are a lot of messy questions involved in that story that editorial doesn't have the stomach to tackle.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I will point out that White noted that Rachel is unique in the multiverse again...
    LOL it's the well that keeps on giving. Looking forward to someone starting a new thread on it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    And he confirmed that current Cable is still the same one from the 90’s X-Force to Extermination, which someone in the same thread disputed. (Granted, I think there was already a line from the recent solo that stated old Cable knew of his death, implying him to be the same one that died, but I didn’t feel like confirming it)

They can create Ruby Summers in this era because she was in 616 during Secret Wars briefy so Cerebro definitely could have picked her up.

Also I just want her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I like his interviews too. He is honest and his opinions make sense for the market. I like these X-Mondays when people are able to ask things about all books, sometimes we get some cool things. White almost confirmed there are plans to bring back Apocalypse and his family at some point, which is cool.
    Yeah I caught that too. I did chuckle at how Jordan thought the Apocalypse Twins were Apocalypse's kids.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Things are 'messy' only if the editors and writers have a dearth of talent to make it messy.
    White may as well explain the lack of soap opera romances is because they can be messy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    And he confirmed that current Cable is still the same one from the 90’s X-Force to Extermination, which someone in the same thread disputed. (Granted, I think there was already a line from the recent solo that stated old Cable knew of his death, implying him to be the same one that died, but I didn’t feel like confirming it)
    I mean, sure he is the same character, just like how the resurrected mutants are basically the same character but Cable being replaced by the House of M version in the Deadpool and Cable comics is undisputable. They took the baby Cable version, aged him back up and then gave him the memories of old Cable. Its the "same" Cable but its not up to interpretation that Cable was replaced by an alternate reality version of him during that run, its as blatant as it gets. Of course Cable undergoes some changes after that so its basically so that one was .

OG > House of M baby Cable which was aged up and given Cable's memories > Split Second > Kid Cable

Yeah, its the same character but his body was basically changed several times like what happens during the resurrection process, but instead of clones its alternate versions of himself. The Split Second Cable, from what I know is supposed to be the classic version but not really sure
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-21-2022 at 11:48 AM.