Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Klingon Empire vs. Planet Vegeta

Planet Vegeta from right before Frieza's betrayal. TNG era Klingons.

Both species know which solar system each other are located in but that's all the info they have.

Which warrior race wins?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Oh this is absolutely adorable.

Also the Klingons have no chance. Like none whatsoever. The entire sayain adult population could somehow otherwise be incapicated leaving their children to fight the Klingons and it would still be a total one sided massacre.

Like sayain babies who had just learned to walk would probably decimate entire legions of Klingon troops if there's a full moon out.

The scene from X-men/Star Trek comes to mind.

"Did he just punch my ship?"
    "Aye Captain, and he damaged the shields too."

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The Klingons show up and as they are trying to invade, Frieza blows everything up. Klingons technically win because all their nerds, pregnant women and small children were still back on Q'onoS. All the Sayins, except for the dozen or so that will show up later were on planet to get blown up.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Do saiyan's have any ships aside from those pods? Like can they fight in space ship vs ship?

Only the top tier saiyan's were city busters during this time, and cannot breath in space. not sure what the weaponry of the klingons is like, but if they got intersolarsystem missiles or something, shouldnt they be able to just bombard em from afar?

they have had trouble before against technically more advanced races i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    but if they got intersolarsystem missiles or something, shouldnt they be able to just bombard em from afar?
    They never SHOWED any of those, and they would probably think it was dishonorable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    They never SHOWED any of those, and they would probably think it was dishonorable anyway.
    I think he meant Photons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Both species know which solar system each other are located in but that's all the info they have.

Which warrior race wins?
    Straight-up, fighter for fighter, this is a no contest...though, hmm, the scenario is pretty interesting.

I suppose this would depend if the Saiyans can successfully land pod ships on Klingon worlds before they get shot down - and that would have to happen in space before atmospheric entry - or if the Klingons can cloak and make the space around Planet Vegeta's atmosphere a hostile embargo zone. The Saiyans are pretty reliant on scouters at this point, they mught wise up eventually and figure our where to aim, but Saiyan spaceships aren't exactly fighting vessel, so they'll all have to raise their hands to the sky and fire or something.

Though as mentioned above, no way the Klingons are going to win a landing.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think he meant Photons.
    I mean the photon torpedoes weren't shown to shoot across a solar system.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

It's hard to benchmark how fast Saiyan pods are, and I'm pretty sure that as far as we know, that's basically all they had going on for spacecraft because sending warriors to conquer other planets on the ground is pretty much the only thing they did, and their tech base was more or less entirely reliant on the guy using them for soldiers. That being said...

If Saiyan pods are faster than warp capable ships: Saiyans head for Qu...kr... however you spell the Klingon homeworld en masse. They might as well vacate Vegeta completely. Large numbers will be shot down in space, but they only need a handful (or one Nappa) to actually make it to the ground to win.

If Saiyan pods are slower than warp capable ships: It's a draw, at best, for them. Klingons can just sit back a couple hundred thousand kilometres and ignite their atmosphere or just shoot phasers at absolutely everything and occasionally manoeuvre a little bit if any qi blasts can actually make it out that far, or if Scouters can even detect them at that range (most we've ever seen is planetary distances) for the Saiyans who lack qi senses to be able to target something. It'll probably cost them their initial wave to realise that holy **** they are not fighting the Saiyans on anything approaching fair terms, but after that, there's not much the Saiyans can do outside of possibly mutually assured destruction if the Klingons are somehow incapable of shooting down all their pods.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    If Saiyan pods are slower than warp capable ships:
    I mean Vegeta and Nappa made it to Earth in a year. So while we don't know exactly how far away they started, that seems slower than most trek ships in long-range travel.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I mean Vegeta and Nappa made it to Earth in a year. So while we don't know exactly how far away they started, that seems slower than most trek ships in long-range travel.
    Not if it were Delta Quadrant distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not if it were Delta Quadrant distances.
    Hence my qualifiers of "We don't know how far away they started" and "Seems".

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Do Saiyans have space suits or oxygen masks? Because being able to freely maneuver in space outside their ships seems like the only way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Do Saiyans have space suits or oxygen masks? Because being able to freely maneuver in space outside their ships seems like the only way to win.
    Not that we saw, but they could hold their breath long enough to blow stuff up. (fortunately talking is only exhaling )