Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

We have no evidence that Planet Vegeta has any space warning systems. We know that Star Trek Ships have planetary distance weaponry. Dropping out of warp, and launching attacks on the planet are probably not stoppable by anything we saw of the Saiyans at that time. Now later Super Saiyans probably would regard phasers, even ship based, as mild sunburns. However, as stated, can Saiyans get to the ships at planetary distances? They did get into orbital distances attacking Frieza but the ships can fire much farther away. We end up with Saiyans floating around in space for a bit.

Now, if on the other hand, Saiyans get to the Klingon planets, they are screwed. A single Saiyan might bust the planet if we take the original Vegeta and Nappa feat as canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Planet Vegeta from right before Frieza's betrayal. TNG era Klingons.

Both species know which solar system each other are located in but that's all the info they have.

Which warrior race wins?
    So, theoretically speaking, they could gain access to ships like Freeza's.

Astonishing Member

Maybe they could rent a ship from Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I mean the photon torpedoes weren't shown to shoot across a solar system.
    If nothing stops it it probably can right?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    If nothing stops it it probably can right?
    Barring premature detonation, I guess. They had trouble HITTING anything with torpedoes at way less range than that though.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacular Member

Trouble hitting moving targets, sure, but hitting a planet?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, theoretically speaking, they could gain access to ships like Freeza's.
    Why? Did Frieza start sharing with The Help? At any rate, Frieza's ship has basically no feats as well, so not much better than a pod there.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Why? Did Frieza start sharing with The Help? At any rate, Frieza's ship has basically no feats as well, so not much better than a pod there.
    Slightly tougher maybe? Because 5-year old Gohan blew out the ************ on the Sayin Pod, but it took Namek Saga Vegeta to blow up Frieza's ship windows and make his escape.

(Also It constantly surprises me that Edge's spellcheck knows Vegeta and Frieza).

EDIT: Wait why is the word door and hinges censored? What's going on here?
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 06-21-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Trouble hitting moving targets, sure, but hitting a planet?
    Hitting anything IMPORTANT on that planet? It's not like the Klingons were loaded down with planet-busters, and the one time we see orbital bombardment in Star Trek (that I remember, at least) the damage was kind of seriously lacking.

Although I guess the Klingons DID have the Bird of Prey that killed "God", so there is THAT Feat I guess. (Stupid Star Trek V: The Final Frontier).

Astonishing Member

Vague memory, didn't the Romulans and maybe the Klingons melt the surface of the Dominion (decoy) home planet with their shipboard energy weapons?

As I said before, if the Saiyans were super level, they will sail through those energy weapons and bust the ships. The ships' shields can take nukes but planet buster Super energy attacks, probably not.

As far as ground combat, it's kind of mixed. We saw Goku shrugged off SMG bullets but later Goku get shot if he wasn't paying attention and had his power levels lowered. Do everyday Saiyans have that level? I dunno. They are probably much faster than any Star Trek common humanoid plus rubber forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Vague memory, didn't the Romulans and maybe the Klingons melt the surface of the Dominion (decoy) home planet with their shipboard energy weapons?

As I said before, if the Saiyans were super level, they will sail through those energy weapons and bust the ships. The ships' shields can take nukes but planet buster Super energy attacks, probably not.

As far as ground combat, it's kind of mixed. We saw Goku shrugged off SMG bullets but later Goku get shot if he wasn't paying attention and had his power levels lowered. Do everyday Saiyans have that level? I dunno. They are probably much faster than any Star Trek common humanoid plus rubber forehead.
    Since it will be in battle, the Saiyans will be paying attention. Not a lot Klingon infantry can do except be used as science experiments for the Saiyans.

Astonishing Member

I agree on the ground, Klingon troops, fliers (like fighter planes) are toast. Nappa - a standard saiyan - went through planes like they weren't there. The Star Trek folk only have a chance with distance planet smashers - from standard sources (are they canon for us?), waves of whatever the Klingons use for torpedos would take care of the planet. Since some Saiyans might float around in space for awhile, would't really help them if the ships are far away. Can Saiyans as individuals detect them and track them at speed? I dunno.

Nappa is not a standard saiyan but an elite class, and the nr 3 strongest saiyan. i think most saiyans at that time are radditz level. still, radditz level is still extremely strong.

oh and since this is right before frieza attacks, Nappa and Vegeta are both off-world and not in the scenario. only King Vegeta and Bardock are there of the named saiyans.

Astonishing Member

At the time of the Frieza attack, a horde of Saiyans flew up to meet him, so they might be Nappa-ish.