View Poll Results: What Should WB Do With Flash Movie?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release The Movie In Theaters As Is With Limited Press

24 38.10%
  • Recast Miller and reshoot the movie or ending

13 20.63%
  • Dump It On HBO Max

14 22.22%
  • Shelve It Entirely

10 15.87%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What Should WB Do With The Flash Movie?

Regardless of how you feel about WB as a studio you have acknowledge they are in a no- win situation. They have a 200 million dollar movie with a star that can’t seem to stay out of trouble; it seems like almost every other day we’re hearing something about Miller - ranging from stuff like assault to even child grooming. Even if Miller is somehow innocent of these allegations it doesn’t change the reality they are PR poison, which leaves the question on what WB does with this movie under these circumstances. If the likelihood of more horrible stuff coming about Miller I ask what WB should do?Should they just wave the white flag and dump it on HBO Max or just shelve it entirely? What on earth can they do in this terrible situation?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-21-2022 at 03:29 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Take the L and put it on HBO max. Because this situation with Ezra’s crazy ass might end up getting worse.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Zaslav will never send a $200M movie to HBO Max, they will bite the bullet and carry on with the theatrical release and whether it's successful or not, recast Miller and move on.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Zaslav will never send a $200M movie to HBO Max, they will bite the bullet and carry on with the theatrical release and whether it's successful or not, recast Miller and move on.
    Pretty much this. And if the movie does indeed reboot parts of DCEU, it's the perfect choice to recast Miller anyway. Now, I haven't been following the whole thing closely, but we are still a full year from the release if I'm not mistaken. A lot can happen in a year, and maybe WB or Ezra himself can pull an unexpected PR spin out of nowhere.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Well they have to release it in some way at some point. They really messed up by not hard rebooting. Not only did the Snyder movies blow up in their face but even the casting choices continues to screw them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-21-2022 at 06:57 AM.

Like I said in another thread "shelving it" is simply not an option. Once this type of money has been spent, it pretty much has to be released. In this case there's even more pressure than usual since this is also the thing they were hoping to use to reboot their universe, and there are already two films that've been shot based on that supposed new continuity.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just release it. HBO Max means less people see it, which I personally might want to happen, but WB will want to make some money back.

Fantastic Member

scrap it and make man of steel 2 instead, why they wanna replace henry cavill with a crappy supergirl i do not know, you need star power here not a complete unknown.

just release it and thats it no talks of sequels maybe a possible spinoff with the new supergirl if she great. Never understood why they kept constantly delaying the movie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Yeah and some stars and production people have box office in their contracts on movies like this, so WB could get sued for shelving it anyway. Reports are that Miller is done in the role after this. It's an unfortunate situation, but it's a movie that sets up a lot of stuff in future movies, has the return of Keaton and introduces Supergirl, so I think they should just release it and let the less problematic stars handle the press tour while Miller is off smoking ketamine somewhere. Recast the role in any future appearances, obviously, but it isn't really fair to screw over the rest of the cast and crew because the star ended up being a crazy person.

But either way, shelving the movie isn't really an option.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Just release it. HBO Max means less people see it, which I personally might want to happen, but WB will want to make some money back.
    At this point, they need to accept they won't make money back. The movie was too troubled, delayed too often, and now the actor is a problem.
    Put it on HBO Max and use it as a tax writeoff. Cut Miller loose, hire someone new for the role, and start over.

Can they just tack on a new ending where they reveal that Ezra Miller was really Eobard Thawne thinking he was Barry Allen or something?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Recast Miller, shoot a new ending with a new Flash actor. Bring back Cavilman for the ending.

The details of everything that were supposed to be in this movie didn't have me jazzed to see this movie. Now that Miller has completely self-destructed. They should release to movie and abandon all plans of using this movie as a comic inspired reboot in anyway. The movie was meant to erase Snyder's films and keep theatrical JL, WW, Aquaman and Shazam. Now the lead actor is getting the axe as well. The Flash is being Flashpointed as well. Hilarious.

Any sane CEO will never send a $200M movie to HBO Max, they will bite the bullet and carry on with the theatrical release and whether it's successful or not, recast Miller and move on.
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Recast Miller, shoot a new ending with a new Flash actor. Bring back Cavilman for the ending.

The details of everything that were supposed to be in this movie didn't have me jazzed to see this movie. Now that Miller has completely self-destructed. They should release to movie and abandon all plans of using this movie as a comic inspired reboot in anyway. The movie was meant to erase Snyder's films and keep theatrical JL, WW, Aquaman and Shazam. Now the lead actor is getting the axe as well. The Flash is being Flashpointed as well. Hilarious.
    They can Darren him with ease.