Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Considering how long Adam has lived, Malik may even not be the only one.
    Exactly.

10 char.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I was confused about it. He looks a bit too young out of drag. But that’s probably because of Sandoval’s style.
    I figured Adam either a) cleaned up his mortal form, or, b) used his magic to look younger.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I figured Adam either a) cleaned up his mortal form, or, b) used his magic to look younger.
    One reader's take...

If you have the option to make the face that will wind up in the crosshairs a face that is not your own?

How would you not do that?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't expecting him to look so young or like a pretty boy. I thought his human form was supposed to be identical to his adult form.
    me too,it felt like the dialogue(voice) didn't fit the body for me..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Considering how long Adam has lived, Malik may even not be the only one.
    I wonder if it's from Adam's extended family than his direct line.

I only ask because Adams' original family was killed and he never struck me as the type to sleep around.
    ^This.

Also, I'm digging the world building, but I am hoping to see the other "Wizards" show up, maybe Billy or Mary at least. I especially hope to see Darla show up, given that she is the first African-American to get the magic of SHAZAM! in this continuity. I give this issue an 8. I never give anything a perfect score in my rating system, which means me scoring the first issue as such an "excellent" score on my part. Until next time...
    I feel like they have to address Billy at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One reader's take...

If you have the option to make the face that will wind up in the crosshairs a face that is not your own?

How would you not do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    me too,it felt like the dialogue(voice) didn't fit the body for me..
    The weird thing is he looks more like Osiris.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only ask because Adams' original family was killed and he never struck me as the type to sleep around.
    I really doubt someone as intense as Adam would go the celibate route for thousands of years.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

^This.

Also, I'm digging the world building, but I am hoping to see the other "Wizards" show up, maybe Billy or Mary at least. I especially hope to see Darla show up, given that she is the first African-American to get the magic of SHAZAM! in this continuity. I give this issue an 8. I never give anything a perfect score in my rating system, which means me scoring the first issue as such an "excellent" score on my part. Until next time...
    Priest mentioned that if he got a “Year 2” of Black Adam he would want to crossover Adam with the Shazam characters, although I think he wanted to go to Thunderworld from Multiversity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Priest mentioned that if he got a “Year 2” of Black Adam he would want to crossover Adam with the Shazam characters, although I think he wanted to go to Thunderworld from Multiversity.
    I really, really hope he gets that Year 2! I am certainly trying to fan enthusiasm where I cam!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No that’s real dialogue in the comic, but the context is that he’s antagonizing a patient of his who is a white supremacist so my interpretation as I said earlier is that he’s laying it on thick so as to PO the guy. Like the character in that scene is meant to be “I’ll help you because I’m a doctor, but since I hate you, I’m going to mess with you.”

By the way we know he’s a supremacist because of his tattoos. One being the eagle/hawk that you’d see in WW2 imagery of Nazis, the other one I’m unaware of.
    This explanation would work for me if he spoke like that only in that scene, but he speaks like that entire issue.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Good first issue, through I'm disappointed how Malik's dialogue is dominating discussion and negative opinions on the book.

Hopefully next issue dials down and has Malik talk more normally.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Oh God, Malik's dialogue. I saw a few panels (him getting kidnapped) yesterday on tumblr before I went to the shop to buy it and it didn't seem bad, so I didn't get the hubbub, but oh, it's bad and it's so constant.

I like Malik's personality like him not getting intimidated by Theo Adam and him mocking the white supremacist, but his speech patterns (I think that's what it's called?) really ruin it and drag him down for me personally.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-22-2022 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Please tell me you just made that up
    Wish I did.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-22-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interestingly enough, going this route would allow Priest more freedom creatively, something that previous writers, going all the way back to John Bryne, have always wanted to do with the SHAZAM! Characters. Personally, I would not oppose this move, if it means more THUNDER WORLD.

I really doubt someone as intense as Adam would go the celibate route for thousands of years.
    I think it's because he's so intense and rigid that he probably would be celibate because he's focused on other stuff.

There's also the question of how long he's been active since he was sealed away. We've got some weird mix of Post-Crisis/New 52 continuity going on.

Adam hasn’t really lived for thousands of years. He was made The Mighty Adam by the Wizard Shazam, his family was murdered, he went crazy and became Black Adam so the wizard banished him, and then Adam finds his way back in modern times.

So the only possibility is that for the brief time he was lashing out at the world that took his family (before the Wizard banished him) he was also sleeping around.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-22-2022 at 08:33 AM.