Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Darth Vader vs Darth Sidious

Both are Live Action Versions.

Vader from the Kenobi series takes on Sidious right before his duel with Yoda.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

There's a reason Vader wanted Luke's help before trying to over throw the Emperor.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    There's a reason Vader wanted Luke's help before trying to over throw the Emperor.
    That was more for trying to turn Luke Vader definitely had the ability to kill the emperor but really I think they would just end up killing eat other like they did in the movie.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Vader flat-out said he'd need Luke's help. Vader told Luke directly that he had no idea of the power of his boss. And just by on-screen feats, the Emperor has a lot more going on. He's better with a saber, better with all the associated force nonsense, and, ugh, all the Rise of Skywalker stuff.

Hell, Rey or Kylo would take Vader.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

It's the Emporer as of his Yoda fight, so no Rise of Skywalker powers.

Also as of last week's episode Vader showed a lot more versatility with the Force in both raw power and intricate close range fights with some good feats to support both.

That's why I made this duel between both characters at the specific times mentioned.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    It's the Emporer as of his Yoda fight, so no Rise of Skywalker powers.

Also as of last week's episode Vader showed a lot more versatility with the Force in both raw power and intricate close range fights with some good feats to support both.

That's why I made this duel between both characters at the specific times mentioned.
    The problem is that the Emperor is presented as more powerful and should still be able to just fry Vader's life support.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The problem is that the Emperor is presented as more powerful and should still be able to just fry Vader's life support.
    That's the thing about Vader, as powerful as he is, he's walking around in a life-support suit.

His fights with Obi-Wan and Ashoka (and other fights in the Marvel comics) showed how vulnerable he can be.

Palpatine fries him.

I'm glad somebody pointed it out. Palpy loves to fry people with his lightning. And Vader being part robot, with life support, is incredibly vulnerable to it. Like a water/flying pokemon.

Mighty Member

Vader force grabbed a starship, pulled it down against its engines, and then ripped the side off. I don't think Episode 1-3 Palpatine has the feats to deal with that (and it is a faster death than burning out his life support).

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Vader force grabbed a starship, pulled it down against its engines, and then ripped the side off. I don't think Episode 1-3 Palpatine has the feats to deal with that (and it is a faster death than burning out his life support).
    Huh. Seems very Galen Marek-like.

But Sidious' Force Lightning is no joke. And with Vader's mechanical parts, that's a bad combo for Lord Helmet, I mean Vader.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Huh. Seems very Galen Marek-like.

But Sidious' Force Lightning is no joke. And with Vader's mechanical parts, that's a bad combo for Lord Helmet, I mean Vader.
    He doesn't have to survive to win, he just has to live longer than Sidious. Being ripped in half is a faster death than Vader's life support failing. We have seen how long that takes to kill him, and it was a long time.

Going by on-screen feats, yeah, Vader would win this. That's kind of the problem with power-creep. I don't think Vader is intended to be as powerful as Sidious, but the more Vader appears and the more Sidious doesn't, the more there will be a gulf between intent and on-screen feats.

Heck, previous appearances no longer make sense. Why didn't Vader stop the ship with the Death Star plans from escaping? Why didn't Sidious catch himself when he was thrown away? Because force-users weren't intended to be as powerful as they eventually became when those movies were written.

Extraordinary Member

Technically Lightsaber's have been shown to block Force Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Going by on-screen feats, yeah, Vader would win this. That's kind of the problem with power-creep. I don't think Vader is intended to be as powerful as Sidious, but the more Vader appears and the more Sidious doesn't, the more there will be a gulf between intent and on-screen feats.

Heck, previous appearances no longer make sense. Why didn't Vader stop the ship with the Death Star plans from escaping? Why didn't Sidious catch himself when he was thrown away? Because force-users weren't intended to be as powerful as they eventually became when those movies were written.
    I mean this is deliberately set up this way by going with ROTS Sidious. TROS Sidious disabled an entire fleet with his force lighting which clearly swings the pendulum way back to Sidious in terms of force power.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

This. This tends to be the problem with prequels, whether it's Star Wars, Star Trek, or almost anything in this sort of genre. Among other issues, you get good old "Power Creep" (who I always picture as the Creeper). But, it becomes problematic when it's a prequel and they start looking more powerful than they were in what are supposed to be later events.
    Power with Girl is better.