Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Howard's Twitter hasn't been active in like a year but Quinn is I think.
    I'm not sure it would be worth asking, since they usually either aren't supposed to say or don't actually know.

I hope Quinn gets more X-books though.

Fantastic Member

a little birdie told me it done they re maybe an isue 6 or special wrap up book but its over.......legion of x is gonzoo as well the shipping delays did not help but sales were not good vita has otehr x work line d up though

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    a little birdie told me it done they re maybe an isue 6 or special wrap up book but its over.......legion of x is gonzoo as well the shipping delays did not help but sales were not good vita has otehr x work line d up though
    Vita is on New Mutants tho?

Legion of X #5 solicit sounded like a last issue to me.

Not too mad that this is over, per say, but annoyed that they didn't just finish it out as Excalibur in that case. Like, we ended at Excalibur 26. These 5 issues could have been 27, 28, 29, and a double sized 30 (especially if you cut out the necessary recapping in KoX #1).
    Last edited by Krakoa; 06-22-2022 at 04:13 PM.

This birdie better chirp about Hellion, too. Otherwise, I'm sending it down the coal mine.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Vita is on New Mutants tho?

Legion of X #5 solicit sounded like a last issue to me.

Not too mad that this is over, per say, but annoyed that they didn't just finish it out as Excalibur in that case. Like, we ended at Excalibur 26. These 5 issues could have been 27, 28, 29, and a double sized 30 (especially if you cut out the necessary recapping in KoX #1).
    Perhaps Excalibur's sales had become so low that they could have no longer justified continuing it into these issues, so they needed the number 1 relaunch number to do so?

I'd be perfectly fine with this ending at 5 or 6. Howard was definitely long-term planning when it comes to Mercator and Apocalypse so let's land the plane on that plot point and hand the Siege off to wherever it's supposed to go.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I see Storm's future husband Death is starting to get his push I am very pleased by this

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Kingdom X bringing up that the series is still showing as 5 parts on Comixology is making me think it may indeed be true. The death of Gambit seemed way too obvious to stick and next issue they're already in Mercator. Then we have Rogue's comment about Irene and anything relating to Irene should be handled by Gillen. I'm placing bets now that KoX ends at #5 and the Siege is utilized in Judgment Day, which I believe someone (BobbysWorld?) predicted not too long ago.
    Very interesting, I was wondering why KOX wasn't getting a tie in for Judgment day, maybe there will be one in issue #5. I'm hoping you are right. I'm kind of new to comics, but if this is a mini or maybe canceled how long till new books replace them? Will these members of the cast have to wait till after AXE to find new books or even longer?

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Tini Howard has officially surpassed Milligan as my least favorite writer for Gambit. She wasted him throughout the entire Krakoan Era so far and wrote him poorly and out of character every time he actually was on the page.
    I know it's bad when I hear Milligan's name thrown about. Gambit had some cool moments in Excalibur like 2-3 panels but it actually just flat out got SOO bad since KOX, I was not expecting that, I thought surely things would get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Perhaps Excalibur's sales had become so low that they could have no longer justified continuing it into these issues, so they needed the number 1 relaunch number to do so?
    It is probably better close on the original numbering. New number ones don't save books sales, specially keeping same writers.

Astonishing Member

So...Gambit's dead, as expected. Honestly they should have dragged Sinister here and had him die instead.

I disagree on the worldbuilding. Tini has a tendency of taking old continuity and warping it in favor of whatever her plans are, and the additions made to the Otherworld do not feel like it was worth the random changes done.

I think I've already made my thoughts clear on the narrative's worship of Apocalypse.

I also retract my wish for Mad Jim to be involved in the plot if they are just going to use him as a hostage throughout the book. Like...why have it be Mad Jim? Why would Excalibur even really care about Mad Jim dying or not? Honestly, you know what it should have been? Merlyn and Arthur should have captured and prepared to execute Brian Braddock instead. Husband of Meggan. Sister of Betsy. Rachel's former teamate. Actually involve the original Captain Britain. It honestly would make as much sense logically and would give the team a better emotional connection to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Very interesting, I was wondering why KOX wasn't getting a tie in for Judgment day, maybe there will be one in issue #5. I'm hoping you are right. I'm kind of new to comics, but if this is a mini or maybe canceled how long till new books replace them? Will these members of the cast have to wait till after AXE to find new books or even longer?
    I guess it would depend on the plans of the X-writers, and during the last few years they've been working very closely together to keep things cohesive across the line. They've been planning many months in advance. With the Hellfire Gala and AXE around the corner it's actually a good time to shake things up, during and after these events. Krakoa is about to elect a new team of X-Men so it's a good opportunity to move some characters around if this series is indeed a mini IMO. I'm just not sure if the timing lines up for that as the Gala is soon I believe.

Astonishing Member

As an addendum, I really doubt we are going to see anything with Bei which is more than a little annoying, considering how little has been done with her. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So...Gambit's dead, as expected. Honestly they should have dragged Sinister here and had him die instead.

I disagree on the worldbuilding. Tini has a tendency of taking old continuity and warping it in favor of whatever her plans are, and the additions made to the Otherworld do not feel like it was worth the random changes done.

I think I've already made my thoughts clear on the narrative's worship of Apocalypse.

I also retract my wish for Mad Jim to be involved in the plot if they are just going to use him as a hostage throughout the book. Like...why have it be Mad Jim? Why would Excalibur even really care about Mad Jim dying or not? Honestly, you know what it should have been? Merlyn and Arthur should have captured and prepared to execute Brian Braddock instead. Husband of Meggan. Sister of Betsy. Rachel's former teamate. Actually involve the original Captain Britain. It honestly would make as much sense logically and would give the team a better emotional connection to this.
    Because saving Mad Jim means getting a favor from one of the rulers of a realm in Otherworld....

I mean they are clearly trying to take back Otherworld from Merlyn you kind of needs allies to do that. Right now all they have is Roma and Avalon.

Everyone else is either an enemy or doing their own thing which we clearly see from Apoc and Mr M.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if in a few issues we see that there are Merlyn loyalist within Avalon since so many different species and creatures live in it.
    Last edited by Outburstz; 06-22-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Tini's worldbuilding is great. The bits with Mercator are interesting. Unfortunately, that's all there is. Her character development, dialogue, pacing are horrid to non-existent. Rachel's selfish ass wanting to abandon the civilians just to get back to Betsy was so dumb.
    Well, i mean let's be honest, they are pretty much going to end up together before this series ends because why not?

And Destiny did predict his death...just not where it was going to happen. So either he gets brought back as Death or something messed up like Santo, or they find the Siege and it fixes him somehow because magic or it has something to do with Rogue either way it sucked to see him get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because saving Mad Jim means getting a favor from one of the rulers of a realm in Otherworld....

I mean they are clearly trying to take back Otherworld from Merlyn you kind of needs allies to do that. Right now all they have is Roma and Avalon.

Everyone else is either an enemy or doing their own thing which we clearly see from Apoc and Mr M.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if in a few issues we see that there are Merlyn loyalist within Avalon since so many different species and creatures live in it.
    Yeah their allies have all but dried up and Avalon actually fell to Merlyn once his forces drove Jamie and Brian out. Roma is all they have left so trying to get allied with Mad Jim and the crooked market would be highly favorable.