Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I feel like I'm sitting around a campfire and BobbysWorld is like Exodus reminding us of stories past.

It saddens me reading all of that history because it now fully dawns on me that pretty much NO ONE has displayed the relationship the O5 should have with Tabitha and Julio, who have been around the most consistently of their young wards. Like, you would never think Tabitha had any kind of relationship with Scott, Jean, and Bobby. They're rarely on panel together in any meaningful way! I'd at least love to see Tabby and Julio sitting down catching up with Scott and Jean. And yeah, the potential Julio/Bobby matchup seems much weirder after reading all this, although some dudes are really into daddies.

I can see where Jackraow21 is coming from too. Julio could have asked Apocalypse, "why are you helping me?" and A could have simply replied with, "I upgraded and tinkered with all mutants I deemed worthy." Julio: "Cool." But yes, it's a stretch for Julio to have such adoration and idolization for him. Perhaps Big A messed him with a little too much and it will result in something revealed in the future.

Very interesting stuff. *sips tea*
    Yeah, there's been ZERO sign of the relationship Rictor, Tabitha, Rusty, Skids, Artie, Leech and Wiz Kid used to have with the 05 and it sucks because it was one of my favorite parts of X-Men history. X-Factor Bobby is a huge part of the reason I'm such a Bobby fan in the first place, he was characterized as much more mature, intelligent and proactive there, than he has been at pretty much any other time....but the second X-Factor re-merged with the X-Men, it was like that characterization largely disappeared.

But also, Rusty's one of the most prominent mutant deaths that HASN'T been undone via resurrection (on panel at least) in the current era, and I would kill for a scene where they finally bring him back, and they use it to have a mini-reunion of the 05 and the X-Terminator kids, and just pay homage to how close they used to all be.

I might have to go through and take scans of some of my favorite scenes with the X-Terminator kids, X-Factor and also with baby Nathan, maybe I'll put them in the Bobby thread or start an old school X-Factor appreciation thread? Idk. But for the hell of it, have some scans of one of my favorite issues. A mutant named Infectia, who had the power to alter molecular arrangements, and usually used a kiss as her mechanism for changing men into monstrous creatures under her control....well, she targeted Bobby and was trying to seduce him, in order to use her power on him and get him under her control....and the kids, with Ship's help, literally spent the whole issue cock-blocking him to try and protect him from her, because all they had as proof she was bad was Hank's hunch.

RCO002_1468935455.jpg

RCO003_1468935455 (2).jpg

RCO004_1468935455.jpg

Gambit getting chewed up and likely spit out with multiple built in retcons and rewrites is the biggest takeaway. I'm more upset that they were literally torturing a toddler by making him watch people die.

OMG this is hilarious and cute!

Ok I'm revisiting the original X-Factor as I haven't read it since I was a teen I think. Thank you for all the info and I'm down for a dedicated thread to the series. And you're absolutely right about Rusty, his return should be a special moment with the ex-X-Terminators.

On the topic of Knights, I wonder if we'll see Apocalypse return as Mercator is opened, or at least learn more about his plans. I know there are rumors he may return during A.X.E. as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

All I’m going to say is

Bobby should be the editor in chief of the X-office

**** Apocalypse. His stupid social Darwinist retcon somehow resulting in him now being treated as better in the books is actively pissing me off even more because it comes off as them legimtizing an actually stupid, racist, garbage ideology and makes me wish after X of Swords he had been tossed to the UN to be executed for you know, trying to destroy 90% of all sapient life on earth.

But good work Bobby

The sad thing about all of this is the Grimoire has more story and emotion on it than the actual comic. Perhaps Howard would be better as a novelist because her comic book writing falls flat.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The sad thing about all of this is the Grimoire has more story and emotion on it than the actual comic. Perhaps Howard would be better as a novelist because her comic book writing falls flat.
    Very fair point. I didn't read her Strikeforce but I understand some readers liked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    All I’m going to say is

Bobby should be the editor in chief of the X-office

**** Apocalypse. His stupid social Darwinist retcon somehow resulting in him now being treated as better in the books is actively pissing me off even more because it comes off as them legimtizing an actually stupid, racist, garbage ideology and makes me wish after X of Swords he had been tossed to the UN to be executed for you know, trying to destroy 90% of all sapient life on earth.

But good work Bobby
    Your grudge against Apocalypse is delicious. Give me more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very fair point. I didn't read her Strikeforce but I understand some readers liked it?

Your grudge against Apocalypse is delicious. Give me more.

Gladly.

Mr “I turned myself into a member of the Blue man group to avoid actual racism” is one of the world’s largest assholes who gets treated like he’s nuanced because he believes in an ideology that got debunked back when Hitler blew his own brains out like a coward back in ‘45. He’s a child grooming dickhead who says he finds the strongest people but when he’s recruiting his personal goon squad defaults to find people who are going through mental troubles he can easily manipulate into signing up for being transformed by the guy who looks he’s cosplaying as Thanos. The books treat him as nuanced despite the fact that he tried to kill 90% of the planet which means his definition of people worth keeping alive is probably even lower than the Red fucking Skull. Then the books have him a tragic backstory to try and justify said actions, because you know intentional genocide is perfectly justified if the guy doing it has had a sad in his life. He’s fine as a villain, or as his younger, more moral, less wanting to screw people much younger than him clone, but as a hero he is insufferable.

I feel like I’m going into Super Saiyan mode reading this Apocalypse-thrashing. It’s feeding me. I’m at 10000!!!

Gladly.

Mr “I turned myself into a member of the Blue man group to avoid actual racism” is one of the world’s largest assholes who gets treated like he’s nuanced because he believes in an ideology that got debunked back when Hitler blew his own brains out like a coward back in ‘45. He’s a child grooming dickhead who says he finds the strongest people but when he’s recruiting his personal goon squad defaults to find people who are going through mental troubles he can easily manipulate into signing up for being transformed by the guy who looks he’s cosplaying as Thanos. The books treat him as nuanced despite the fact that he tried to kill 90% of the planet which means his definition of people worth keeping alive is probably even lower than the Red fucking Skull. Then the books have him a tragic backstory to try and justify said actions, because you know intentional genocide is perfectly justified if the guy doing it has had a sad in his life. He’s fine as a villain, or as his younger, more moral, less wanting to screw people much younger than him clone, but as a hero he is insufferable.
    Yeeeees

When Apocalypse was on Krakoa every conversation on these boards were people calling him daddy material and such. Now that he's gone y'all are talking **** about him behind his back. I see how it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    When Apocalypse was on Krakoa every conversation on these boards were people calling him daddy material and such. Now that he's gone y'all are talking **** about him behind his back. I see how it is...
    LOL! I'm hoping Saithor will fully unleash and let it all out so he doesn't keep bringing it up every issue.
    I personally don't view him as a "hero" but I love that he doesn't give af and is steadfast in his goals. And the Mercator piece very much intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I mean this whole **** talking exchange got a little hot and heavy, so the daddy presence is still being felt over here.

Astonishing Member

Let me be clear, I hated Qpocalypse’s presence even when he was around, I was just not active on these boards then

Let me be clear, I hated Qpocalypse’s presence even when he was around, I was just not active on these boards then
    I like that he has that kind of effect, he's very polarizing. I'm looking forward to his eventual return and learning what he was planning and what he knew of this impending war with the Eternals.