Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So here’s the thing. Apocalypse couldn’t even get to Otherworld without Betsy and them opening the gate. So how did he get to Otherworld to help Mercator to claim a region prior to him getting Jamie on the thrown of Avalon? Tini is not a good writer at all.
    Woah… you are absolutely right. Yeah it’s one thing ignore older continuity but that was the impetus of her first arc in the X-Office. Yikes

I'm not the biggest Excalibur fan but I did enjoy the issue. I love Meggan but I get so confused by her powers. I prefer her just being an empathic elemental metamorph (ok so maybe she's always been confusing) and seeing her control winds reminds me of the time she kind of evolved and stopped changing shape as much (she became sort of Storm lite).

I love the use of Askani for Rachel. It really should be her codename. I like her closeness to Betsy but wonder if it will just be teasing of something more. Of course nothing wrong with close friendship -it doesn't always have to be romantic.

I like Gambit getting something important to do. Gambit is a good character but in the modern era I don't think writers always know how to handle him or what to do with him. I hate it when they try to write him of something of a joke character. He should be badass and with a suave edginess. I also like Gambit slender and when he gets to show his more acrobatic/agile abilities. Maybe his death is fakeout and if not hopefully it will lead to something interesting for him.

I also love the furies but they should always be a major threat and not something that is easily jobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So here’s the thing. Apocalypse couldn’t even get to Otherworld without Betsy and them opening the gate. So how did he get to Otherworld to help Mercator to claim a region prior to him getting Jamie on the thrown of Avalon? Tini is not a good writer at all.
    I was thinking about this and I think Apocalypse's main goal with the team was getting the gate to Amenth created and getting access to Saturnyne and the Citadel, who was hiding from him. He needed Betsy to meet with Saturnyne so having her become Captain Britain and all that was in his best interest. My bet is he could come and go as he wanted but needed all of that to unfold to finally gain access to his family. Plus Mercator can pretty much do anything so accessing a realm is probably a snap of the finger for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm not the biggest Excalibur fan but I did enjoy the issue. I love Meggan but I get so confused by her powers. I prefer her just being an empathic elemental metamorph (ok so maybe she's always been confusing) and seeing her control winds reminds me of the time she kind of evolved and stopped changing shape as much (she became sort of Storm lite).

I love the use of Askani for Rachel. It really should be her codename. I like her closeness to Betsy but wonder if it will just be teasing of something more. Of course nothing wrong with close friendship -it doesn't always have to be romantic.

I like Gambit getting something important to do. Gambit is a good character but in the modern era I don't think writers always know how to handle him or what to do with him. I hate it when they try to write him of something of a joke character. He should be badass and with a suave edginess. I also like Gambit slender and when he gets to show his more acrobatic/agile abilities. Maybe his death is fakeout and if not hopefully it will lead to something interesting for him.

I also love the furies but they should always be a major threat and not something that is easily jobbed.
    Askani is an awesome codename for Rachel. Great idea.
    Last edited by JB; 06-26-2022 at 07:59 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Maybe Apocalypse used a spell to erase peoples' personal memories of him, in order to better manipulate them. In doing so, he ended up forgetting he could go to Otherworld, as well as the fact that Hellion is his ancestor and therefore could have single-handedly solved X of Swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Maybe Apocalypse used a spell to erase peoples' personal memories of him, in order to better manipulate them. In doing so, he ended up forgetting he could go to Otherworld, as well as the fact that Hellion is his ancestor and therefore could have single-handedly solved X of Swords.
    Makes perfect sense.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!