Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Hmmmm i mean Gambit still has his death persona. I can see that side of him getting up and kicking @$$. That's just me hoping will happen. He will probably heal himself. With apocalypse tinkering you never know

Astonishing Member

A). I think people are missing my overall point that outside of wanting him as an ally there really is no reason for Excalibur to save Mad Jim and it would be better to have someone members of the team have an actual connection to, expecially if we only have two issues left to this entire story.

B). I was going to say never trust frigging Mad Jim Jaspers, Tory hater of any superpowered being, treats the universe like his personal playpen, nearly ended the multiverse and has shown little to no signs of changing since. But this is the book that is reframing Apocalypse as savior of the mutant race so I imagine we'll just quietly blow past the fact that Jaspers is a nutty person who just treats the rest of the universe as his playground and has the powers to do so for the sake of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    A). I think people are missing my overall point that outside of wanting him as an ally there really is no reason for Excalibur to save Mad Jim and it would be better to have someone members of the team have an actual connection to, expecially if we only have two issues left to this entire story.

B). I was going to say never trust frigging Mad Jim Jaspers, Tory hater of any superpowered being, treats the universe like his personal playpen, nearly ended the multiverse and has shown little to no signs of changing since. But this is the book that is reframing Apocalypse as savior of the mutant race so I imagine we'll just quietly blow past the fact that Jaspers is a nutty person who just treats the rest of the universe as his playground and has the powers to do so for the sake of the plot.
    The reason for saving Jim is spelled out multiple times in 2 and 3 (and debated by the characters). Gambit said it best - they don’t want witch breed in hiding to think the Knights won’t be there when they need it. And using Jim instead of a different character makes sense bc his role in Otherworld is clearly established already so it takes up less panel space.

And again, it’s stated in this issue that this isn’t the exact same Jaspers as we’ve seen in the past, but an amalgamation of his multiversal counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I guess it would depend on the plans of the X-writers, and during the last few years they've been working very closely together to keep things cohesive across the line. They've been planning many months in advance. With the Hellfire Gala and AXE around the corner it's actually a good time to shake things up, during and after these events. Krakoa is about to elect a new team of X-Men so it's a good opportunity to move some characters around if this series is indeed a mini IMO. I'm just not sure if the timing lines up for that as the Gala is soon I believe.
    As currently solicited, 5 is about a month and a half after the Gala (and we may yet have a 6 or one-shot wrap-up) so I doubt it.

I hope rictor and Shatterstar land on their feet somewhere. Betsy Gambit and Rachel will be fine. Will be sad to lose a monthly spot for classic Excal characters like Meggan and Kylun.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    a little birdie told me it done they re maybe an isue 6 or special wrap up book but its over.......legion of x is gonzoo as well the shipping delays did not help but sales were not good vita has otehr x work line d up though
    This pleases me and I hope its true.

I'd love to see Ewing and Gillen take some of the Otherworld/Mercator/Apocalpse beats.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The reason for saving Jim is spelled out multiple times in 2 and 3 (and debated by the characters). Gambit said it best - they don’t want witch breed in hiding to think the Knights won’t be there when they need it. And using Jim instead of a different character makes sense bc his role in Otherworld is clearly established already so it takes up less panel space.

And again, it’s stated in this issue that this isn’t the exact same Jaspers as we’ve seen in the past, but an amalgamation of his multiversal counterparts.
    I still say Brian or someone else, even a different witchbreed would have worked better. To be completely honest, if Howard wanted to establish that Otherworld has this massive mutant population, we should have had a supporting character appear in Excalibur from the native Otherworld populace for this. It’s not like Excalibur didn’t have the issues to include a supporting character.

I’m aware they’ve said this is a different Jaspers but honestly the only difference from Jasper’s warp Jaspers this one seems to have is he’s less inclined to acting on his urges than either of the previous Jaspers. Which arguably makes him more dangerous?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I'd love to see Ewing and Gillen take some of the Otherworld/Mercator/Apocalpse beats.
    Honestly I don’t. Not that I don’t think either of them are very talented but both of them are having a lot heaped on them not just in the X-office but also Marvel and in Gillen’s case at least independent work as well. I’m not the largest fan of Howard, but this not being an ongoing, and Legion of X ending is just going to add to the sheer number of characters and the limited number of books being done. This is part of the issue of the Resurrections Opening the floodgates on so many characters with dedicated fanbases, in addition to the Arraki, where even with iirc the most X-books since the nineties peak there just isn’t enough books to give characters the time they deserve. Heck, we’ve had plenty of people on these forums pointing out A-listers who have been left in the proverbial sidelines because of how many of them there are relative to number of books

Astonishing Member

I also want to add, people already pointed out the Death Arcana Tarrot card and it’s actually meaning, it just irritates me that Merlyn is actually right when he’s insulting Gambit right before the boom. Honestly just adds insult to injury.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think they will just use Roma's portal to restore Gambit somehow.

Also what I do wonder is that we saw Storm asking Sunfire to recover Redroot. Will that mean Shiro will come to this series, or a new series will be launched.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Maybe Deadbit will come back from the Siege Perilous as Longshot, thus proving the old fan theory correct.

Poor, abused Gambit fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Maybe Deadbit will come back from the Siege Perilous as Longshot, thus proving the old fan theory correct.
    Or as a clone of Mr Sinister

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    As currently solicited, 5 is about a month and a half after the Gala (and we may yet have a 6 or one-shot wrap-up) so I doubt it.

I hope rictor and Shatterstar land on their feet somewhere. Betsy Gambit and Rachel will be fine. Will be sad to lose a monthly spot for classic Excal characters like Meggan and Kylun.
    Yeah I'm hoping the cast doesn't just disappear but it's likely for a lot of them. If this series does end soon I'd very much like to see Betsy, Gambit, and Rachel have a new home lined up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly I don’t. Not that I don’t think either of them are very talented but both of them are having a lot heaped on them not just in the X-office but also Marvel and in Gillen’s case at least independent work as well. I’m not the largest fan of Howard, but this not being an ongoing, and Legion of X ending is just going to add to the sheer number of characters and the limited number of books being done. This is part of the issue of the Resurrections Opening the floodgates on so many characters with dedicated fanbases, in addition to the Arraki, where even with iirc the most X-books since the nineties peak there just isn’t enough books to give characters the time they deserve. Heck, we’ve had plenty of people on these forums pointing out A-listers who have been left in the proverbial sidelines because of how many of them there are relative to number of books
    I do agree with the issue of what to do with so many characters. I honestly would be fine with a second team of X-Men similar to Scott's team, just based somewhere else even if Otherworld. Considering they're changing the roster every year, we can have two teams going at the same time handling different threats. It's the only thing I can think of to handle so many characters.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Same here. And I do think some posters around here are onto something re: the Siege Perilous coming into play in A.X.E. Judgment Day as a way to bring mutants back when the Resurrection Protocols are taken offline (due to the Eternals targeting and taking out some of The Five as shown in the trailer/preview art).

Will be interesting to see who gets brought back this way and how they’re different.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same here. And I do think some posters around here are onto something re: the Siege Perilous coming into play in A.X.E. Judgment Day as a way to bring mutants back when the Resurrection Protocols are taken offline (due to the Eternals targeting and taking out some of The Five as shown in the trailer/preview art).

Will be interesting to see who gets brought back this way and how they’re different.
    I don’t think many if any will get anything different than the usual temporary amnesia. Up until Gambit the only ones to suffer Otherworld deaths were Rockslide, who is a small time character, comparatively (no offense to his fans), Gorgon, a mass murdering monster who lead Hydra at one point and people didn’t really care about as far as I know, and Mordred, who didn’t become an X-character till after his death. I really doubt they are going to permanently change a major character.

Unlesss….this is going to be how they change Beast isn’t it?

I was actually thinking of Cable due to him clearly being shown as dying at Uranos’ hands in the A.X.E. Judgment Day trailer. If he comes through the Siege Perilous as a younger, “hip” kid version I’m out tho. Ha.

But seriously, I suppose he could come back sans T-O virus or something, unleashing his full power to help turn the tide.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”