Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Amanda Sefton and Clea are not mutants, plus Clea is sorceress supreme of the Dark dimension. There are not many mutant witches capable of governing Limbo. I can’t imagine Illyana giving Limbo to Selene. Storm doesn’t have the magical skill and the Scarlet Witch did decimation, though she recently redeemed herself with Krakoa. So Madelyne fits the bill perfectly.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 06-24-2022 at 03:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure Amanda is still dead, and from a meta point of view she's the worst possible choice since Marvel wants to forget and for fans to forget that she ever ruled Limbo in the first place. She also doesn't fit Illyana's description in the data page with Madelyne of what ruling Limbo requires.

I don't think Illyana should give up Limbo to anyone. It comes across to me as running away from her problem, and it seems like a certainty that a later writer will just make her the ruler of Limbo again just like it's a certainty that Dr. Strange will become sorcerer supreme of earth again. If she was genre savvy she'd know that in a few years' time Maddie will be overthrown and she'll be forced back onto the throne of Limbo just like what happened when Amanda ruled Limbo. The cycle of comics returning to the status quo will win out eventually. But in the context of this story I can accept that she wants to move on and has decided that since she has so many other responsibilities she can turn the responsibility that causes her the most pain over to someone else.

BANNED

I don’t know that it’s a certainty a new writer will make her queen of Limbo. Krakoa has lasted years now. Permanent changes do occur in comics

Look at the Quiet Council. This collection of XMen snd former villains has lasted. No writer can simply change that, this is an editorial change.

Illyana never asked for any connection to Limbo, so it is certainly not her problem. You have writers that understand a lot more about agency and abuse snd how to depict victims of sexual abuse, grooming/pedophilia, and PTSD. Belasco certainly groomed Illyana into being what she is today. If she chooses to move on, more power to her. Likewise tying Madelyne to Summers brothers is not a good choice in a world where MeToo and human trafficking have shaken up entertainment.

Elizabeth Braddock was placed in her British original form she recreated as Kwannon was placed back in her original Asian body. This was an editorial mándate because by today’s politics, you simply cannot have a white woman running around in an Asian woman’s body.

I think the changing of guard of the Queen of Limbo is similarly editorially mandated.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 06-24-2022 at 03:22 AM.

I simply loved this issue. Coming off the Magick story I feel this was a story that was kind to victims, both Maddie and Magick and I feel like it's a chance for each of them to get a chance to discover their identity. I also love Maddie was not some mustache twirling villain and I feel it was a nice one and done because of what the series itself built and what came before it. Really enjoy vita's character work and looking forward to what Magick can be and where she can go free of limbo.

It was also nice to see colossus looking for her but I hope it was genuine and not Mikhail trying to get his claws in her when she is just finding freedom. Though I wouldn't be opposed to vita taking over that story because I think they would do a better job than the continuous ball dropping in xforce with it and it's swamp thing creatures of krakoa of the week.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2022 at 04:19 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Much of what Claremont did in the 1980s was politically correct. He got away with it not just because of the decade , but because the comics were underground then. Now that comics are mainstream, Claremont having every powerful woman go crazy
    And kill herself, Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor, Illyana Rasputin is a sexist trope that cannot be maintained. I’m aware Jim Shooter, John Bryne, Ann Nocenti, and Louse Simonson all had roles in this. But the thing is, you can not kill rape survivors as gained women or condemn to evil as tainted women. To put it more directly, Belasco raped Illyana, she does not served being the queen of hell for being a rape survivor.

Madelyne also does not deserve her life being around Sinister and her two exes. Today’s politics shown through in what the writers wrote and what editors approved. And it’s a definite sign of progress, just like the separation of Psylocke into British Elizabeth Braddock and Asian Kwannon was.

BANNED

And Illyana’s conversation with Dani was aimed at the fans. She basically said, why do you want me, the victim of rape to be tied to what the rapist ended for me?

BANNED

I think Madeline has shown real change. Upon her return she did not loot the destruction of Krakoa. While she annoyed the QC resurrected her as a favor to Alex, she was able to turn him down without attacking anyone. She was able to accept Krakoa’s invitation to stay. And note that had put other former villains in positions of power, so why not the same for her?

Oh, Apocalypse and his wife control an entire demonic dimension too. If they can behave so can Madelyne.

Mighty Member

Ayala is exploring the role of trauma in shaping people. That's the central theme in their work. The reason why older Yana did the same thing over and over again stuck in the pain. She lost everyone she ever cared about and never had time to process the loss. All she did was survive, slowly wasting herself and others away and that's what trauma does to people. Younger Yana didn't have that loss and could see things clearly.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-24-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Absolutely LOVED this issue.
    The pacing was on point...even when they shifted focus back to krakoa with Piotr looking for Illyana...the main story continued. The art was as beauty-full as expected. The writing, concise yet lyrical (that data page between Maddie and Illyana is chef's kisses)

Ayala is serving two for two.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Amanda Sefton purged Limbo of the techno organic virus.
    When did that happen? Clearly something I missed when I wasn’t reading for a number of years. What happened to her stepping discs? I thought her mutant power was being able to control Limbo’s stepping discs, but now she seems like a generic teleporter now.