Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well Im at least happy the next team will have 3-4 new faces.

Am I the only one that likes these quick rotations?

I just wish Duggan did a little bit more with Rogue with Larraz art.

I wonder how Duggan would write Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's not stupid for getting in front of a ****-storm before it hits and backfires. Going by the FCBDJ issue The Eternals and Celestials already know about mutants resurrecting themselves. It won't be much longer before the news breaks. Here, Scott has full control of how that news is reported, rather than allowing a hateful third party spin it to their benefit, which they will do regardless, but after the fact.
    I agree with this, it does give Scott some control of the impending narrative. Should he have asked the council first? Perhaps but he wanted to handle it his way and that vibe is what created the X-Men of today. The story was bound to break at some point (when journalists noticed dead mutants keep reappearing), and hopefully this puts an end to Captain Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It does, doesn’t it? Hmm… considering we know some major characters get mercked in the beginning of A.X.E. Judgment Day and The Five are targeted by the Eternals in order to take out the Resurrection Protocols, that could be an interesting twist that allows them to bring them back. Obviously thinking about Cable here, as we’ve already seen Uranos holding his skull in the trailer’s preview art from issue #1.

Having said that, don’t folks who go through the Siege Perilous come out the other side changed somehow?
    Sometimes they do and sometimes they just forget who they are. LOL!
    I'm thinking if the protocols are in grave danger, the SP may be the mutants' hope for surviving.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Delicious.

Amazing teamwork and Jean had the whole thing on lock. I love how annoyed Laura was. LOL!
    "... you can call the X-Men of Earth your friends!" Standing up there like the mutant Pussycat Dolls. *chef's kiss*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Good issue over all, this is the type of character balance that I wish had been present throughout the book. though shiro still felt a bit underserved

So looks like the team staying will be Cyclops, Jean and Synch. With Laura as a maybe.

Rogue, Sunfire and Polaris are all either going into limbo or different books.
    Laura is almost certainly gone, since she's going to be joining X-Terminators. Probably for the best because she was pretty wasted here and Duggan never really had a handle on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Amazing teamwork and Jean had the whole thing on lock. I love how annoyed Laura was. LOL!
    "... you can call the X-Men of Earth your friends!" Standing up there like the mutant Pussycat Dolls. *chef's kiss*
    Agreed. Such beautiful moments between the ladies, who each kicked ass!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

It's not stupid for getting in front of a ****-storm before it hits and backfires. Going by the FCBDJ issue The Eternals and Celestials already know about mutants resurrecting themselves. It won't be much longer before the news breaks. Here, Scott has full control of how that news is reported, rather than allowing a hateful third party spin it to their benefit, which they will do regardless, but after the fact.
    I mean in story its a stupid decision because as far as we know he has no clue about the upcoming war with the eternals nor does he know that they have information about their resurrection. Urich’s memory was already wiped and so for him to go out of his way and give out information about what Scott did does not make a lot of sense in my opinion, what advantage does Scott and Krako gain for leaking such privy info.

But yeah if we look at it from the reader's pov it may be a smart move.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I mean in story its a stupid decision because as far as we know he has no clue about the upcoming war with the eternals nor does he know that they have information about their resurrection. Urich’s memory was already wiped and so for him to go out of his way and give out information about what Scott did does not make a lot of sense in my opinion, what advantage does Scott and Krako gain for leaking such privy info.

Speaking of Judgment Day, I'm looking forward to the thread for this week's Immortal issue. Way too dense for me to attempt but I'm sure a smarter cookie will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Also, Jean and Rogue's dynamic here recalled their team-up in X-Men Unlimited #31 (2001) ❤️:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Well, he does know that Orchis knows at the very least, so one group of enemies could very likely break the story if he doesn't first.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Question: (admittedly, just to be an ass)

I know Jean saved trillions going forward, but...How many worlds and their inhabitants were already destroyed during the "year" give or take, (from issue 01 to issue 12) it took the X-Men to find GameWorld and Jones and put a stop to them?

I ask this more as an indictment on Duggan's plans for the X-Men changing roster annually at the HFG Event, and the pacing of this main plotline.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-22-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While he may not know that the Eternals know...it's still him planning/thinking ahead before the eventual and inevitable firestorm. Acting is always better than reacting.

Yes, there will be repercussions to the reveal but...at least this way the X-Men and mutants won't be scrambling for a response to the backlash, as they should already be prepared (if the writers of this particular plot do their work)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So the last issue implied Laura purposely got captured for their plan to work. What was the plan here? Was she purposely distracting Cordyceps and drawing him out in the open?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The cast should have been 4 members Jean Cyclops Synch and Laura, 12 issues of holding Rogue and Polaris hostage

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This was far more interesting to me than anything in Hickman's run

Question: (admittedly, just to be an ass)

I know Jean saved trillions going forward, but...How many worlds and their inhabitants were already destroyed during the "year" give or take, (from issue 01 to issue 12) it took the X-Men to find GameWorld and Jones and put a stop to them?

I ask this more as an indictment on Duggan's plans for the X-Men changing roster annually at the HFG Event, and the pacing of this main plotline.
    At least you are honest.

Not certain. It could be hundreds. Could be more. But asking that what-if would be useless since Jean can’t do anything about that or know anything about that (at least not without a psychic scan from the possibility of maybe learning from the rich of what went on. Assuming there were any left from the past and not just a bunch of new rich aliens who didn’t get their chance to do any damage). It would be unhealthy and not even her fault to put that all on her shoulders. There is always a possibility that she and the X-Men could have done better, but that is a lesson she will have to learn for herself.

The pacing was not the best in my eyes either, but I have no clue how the planning goes behind the scenes to make any judgments about whether Duggan made the right calls for his story or not. I have my personal opinions on what Duggan could have done to make it flow better, but again, that would be doing so without the knowledge of how the behind the scenes work.