Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now she knows how Moira was living
    Gillen handled this beautifully. Moira flat out began speaking in much the same way Moira had been due to being severely burdened by so much foreknowledge. Even down to starting to regret being a mutant because how weary she was of it all.

Ewing over on Red and Gillen here are doing magnificent work. We already saw the Sinister issue where Nathaniel is clearly trying to avoid Destiny noticing what he's doing, and now we have Destiny desperately trying not to make it known that she's aware of what he's doing. It's a beautiful little game they're playing.

The scene where Destiny notices there's flat out less future was just grim. It paints a picture of Sinister running an absurd amount of timeline-ending scouting runs, but the emotional impact of that last scene was fantastic. I don't really empathize with Destiny or Mystique very often (due to them being the type of people that would murder 1 million human children if it meant they'd keep mutants safe), but the heartache in that last scene was palpable.

Sinister, idiot, you had to ruin your plan by gloating!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ve been saying this from the start. If they didn’t want to revive Destiny then it was an idiotic mistake to give Mystique a council. All the other council members have had some degree of influence and ability to bend the rules.
    I would have killed Mystique, period. She is made of betrayal.

If they REALLY needed her for their plan, they should have modified one of her clones, giving her a new set of memories and personality without altering her skills.
    Last edited by Habis; 06-22-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Not enough talk about god mode Exodus like wtf dude was like the one above all

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I think this was a clever way of Gillen subverting Hickman's extinction event on Mars, we now know how it was thwarted

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Honestly, I expected something like this since they revealed that Exodus gets power from belief...

Another excellent issue! This and Red are definitely my favorite books right now! Regarding the Destiny map thing, we know which path is being taken (Judgement Day) but it’s interesting to see other paths as well as what options we have post Judgement Day. Lots of room for speculation there..

Also, it would be nice to go into review threads (or any threads, mind you) where Hellion isn’t brought up. I never had anything against the character, but I see so much of it on these boards that I’ve grown to hate the character because it’s being pushed down everyone’s throat. A couple people want to see him again. We get it. Move on. (Sorry that’s been bugging me for a while)
    Last edited by Thundershot; 06-22-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I find Gillen's writing better than Hickman's. There's a nice balance between plot and character progression.
    I don't like Hickman especially because of what he did to Jean... But I don't know if he's better than Gillen, I know Gillen is very good. These universes he's creating seem so cool... These timelines... And at the same time the progression of the characters.... Seems to involve more characters. Which Hickman did well with Emma - Xavier and Mag

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue, I do think while a lot happens from issue to issue and Gillen is balancing a lot of topics. But I think after Judgement Day, the Hellfire Gala, and with the reveal of mutant immortality in X-men today. Things are really going to pick up for this title as far as Gillen overarching story.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exodus should be an Omega Level Psionic
    Personally, I think that spot should go to Jean, but to each their own. All things considered, Exodus does need more love and so far Gillen is delivering in the characterization department. If the alternate future is an unspoken promise, Exodus probably will get some love in the feats department too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. From the looks of it in the distant future he will become something more. Scary but cool.
    From what I can tell, Destiny’s dialogue implies that that is an alternate universe where Exodus became the Phoenix. It’s a little too ambiguous to say for certain (which is on-brand for Destiny, so I won’t fault Gillen for the lack of clarity). The hints I believe lead to this conclusion are the fact that Gillen focuses on on Destiny’s ability to see different timelines earlier on and Destiny them states as she sees the vision of Exodus and Sinister that she is actively looking for something that could help direct the future.

Edit: According to the scan, the implication is that this is the timeline that lasted the longest. It is called ‘The Expanse’ in the page with a mapping of different timelines and Destiny specifically mentions one word ‘expanse’. Thus, I’m inclined to firmly cement this idea that Exodus being Phoenix is an alternate timeline.

Last edited by PyroFN; 06-22-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Gilleon got pretty nasty today. Like Warren Ellis, he has that macabre love of stomach churning bio-infused technology that sane people shouldn't think of. I thought the optic burst muskets rom his uncanny run were disgusting enough, but then he turned Sebastián Shaw into a meat-based vessel to explore the stars.

Kudos to him for the shape-shifting reveal. My one complaint about Essex these last three years is that he's been played off as a joke. Previous versions of him were strong enough to face entire x-teams solo, so seeing him reduced to a snarky cad has been a little sad. What other powers has he been hiding?
    Is this rhetorical questioning of what Sinister has up his sleeve or is this genuine wondering what powers he has? I vehemently agree though.

Astonishing Member

On Charles' whining about Mystique and Destiny interfering with his plans and about him and Erik and Moira brought them paradise...he does remember that Moira planned Krakoa to douse every single mutant in concentrated mutant cure, right? If no one had interferred, Krakoa would either be getting nuked by Orchis or annexed by Russia.

Also, on climate change ending the world...not how that works! Between this and Green I am convinced X-office cannot into environmentalism. I still need to read Iceman Infinity to get the context behind that monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now she knows how Moira was living
    Given what Moira was up to prior and planning on the future, I don’t blame Mystique or Destiny in the slightest. Do I think it’s right? No, but I’m not expecting good conduct from them and Moira’s apathetic nature towards the people living in these timelines she keeps destroying should not be rewarded. Destiny of this timeline is not the same as the one who killed Moira, so by all accounts, Moira was in the wrong, especially, again, since she was already up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Professor X has strong relationships with most of these characters, yet if he forgets to wash his hands after using the bathroom, they’re ready to call him a scumbag. Yet Mystique, a murdering terrorist lunatic, along with Destiny, gets away with pretty much whatever they want and people seem cool with it. I get people being annoyed with Charles, but the way they treat him like an absolute a-hole while letting legit villains do as they please is something that’s turned me off to the X-Men in recent years.
    His strong relationships with people is all the more reason they would and should call him out on his crap, especially when he is supposed to be an example as much as the X-Men themselves in morality and ethics.It’s one thing to keep making mistakes. We are human, so it will happen to everyone. But Charles stood firm that what he was doing was okay, showing no remorse for his actions.

Mystique and Destiny being terrible people is not permission for Charles to lower himself to their level or lower. He is expected to hold a standard of goodness he has been teaching the X-Men since it was created and he needs to be held accountable to that standard. What he did to Mystique was very not okay and it was his actions that pushed Mystique to do what she thought was best like a dog being cornered.

As for Mystique and Destiny, they aren’t getting passes for doing what they want. If you are talking about past actions prior to Krakoa, you should already know full well that this goes for all mutants to get a second chance to not mess up. Mystique thus far has not only been cooperative, but she has been nothing but a help to Krakoa ever since it’s creation. And Destiny has been the exact same. If Charles and Magneto had kept their word, who knows how things could have gone, but at least they wouldn’t be in the wrong for making an empty promise to take advantage of someone putting their full faith in who they thought would uphold their word by principle. Charles should be better than them and the fact that he is giving Mystique more crap than Sinister above all else is exactly why no one is feeling bad for Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Does this make Mystique a Nexus being as well?
    I don’t think so. I think it just means that Mystique dies early in the timeline.

Wow, you bring up some intriguing points. So, this is gonna be a very interesting discussion, even if we don’t agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was written well but i think 3 was enough for me. There are just little plot points i don't like that are blown threw.
    That’s fair. The fact you gave the book a chance beyond more than just issue 1 is enough in my eyes, even if doesn’t account for much as a stranger on the internet.

This is belated too, but to hell with it. I’m also sorry if any personal distress took place in issue 2 for you regarding the scene with Hope and Selene, whatever that may be. Though I’m not aware of what happened, and respect that I don’t need to know, I can tell the scene with Hope and Exodus to Selene hit somewhere personal, which is important to consider regarding everyones point of view. I don’t feel that same for obvious reasons beyond simply I have never been in your position, but I really do hope things are alright. I would much rather you do things that give you joy, rather than spend it on a something ruined for you.

The council is basically being rewritten in not everyone knew what was going on with Moira so the "filling in hope felt weak to me" also if she was willing to go so far with Selene why would anything the council does surprise her.
    I don’t see it that way. It is more of a revelation of what Mystique’s hand in all this was, in which she was manipulated with empty promises and so she took matters into her own hands as a response of rebelliousness and because she deserved better than what she was given based on recent actions for Krakoa. (Not counting her past, considering all villains seemingly got their chance to prove they are on board with the unity of Krakoa)

The mysique reveal was weak and the anger toward her felt unwarranted.
    Of which is why I don’t get why some people are even defending Charles at this point. Mystique may not have been a good person prior to Krakoa, but ever since afterwards, she has been nothing but an asset and even after learning of Charles betrayal, she still sought the interest of Krakoa. Granted, it was alongside her own interest, but it’s far more benevolent than any other route she could have taken (I.e. burn that island to the ground).

From what I can see, no one other than Charles seems to be blaming Mystique’s actions. In fact, the one person other than Storm and Kurt who is upholding a standard of morality, Kate Pryde, is taking Mystiqeu’s side on this feels like more of a Council vs Charles Xavier type deal to me. I am sincerely hoping Charles is being cut off from having any of the power he used to have as a council member beyond his one vote and being a mascot to Krakoa. Cuz, clearly, he can’t be trusted.

But the things that really stood out to me is if Destiny now knows about Moira why would she see any blind spots when it was made clear she would know if Moira was around in any life now.
    Plot-convenience? Lol!

That aside for an in-universe explanation: Who knows?

It is possible for Precogs to be blocked for some reason or another. Red Skull had telepathically blocked Blindfold’s precognition before and I think there were times where Mantis’ precognition was rendered useless (though I can’t remember any specifics). Given that these Moira’s aren’t exactly running around doing things, it might be as simple as Moira not being in the shot of the important events that take place because the Moira’s are in stasis until Sinister is ready to kill them.

Irene is a powerful precog, but she isn’t omniscient that can follow every character.

Enjoyed the explaination of Moira powers though.
    Agreed. Confirmation that Moira does indeed erase (or at least ends) timelines with each death is great info and displays Emma’s fears to be valid. (Even if Emma didn’t know for certain)

Also the no future where mystique exists just seems like another back door "Burn it down moment." There are actually a few things i could delve into that either don't make sense or contradict things even as recent as inferno but eh.
    Not certain what that means, but I am curious how this will effect Destiny’s relationship with Mystique. Destiny is for all intents and purposes giving Mystique hope that she will see the diary entries. I’m simply hoping Mystique is just a blind spot on Irene’s powers, since this arc can go many ways before and after Mystique finds out about her future. (I’m very certain Mystique will find out)

Oh and the one thing this era has burnt me out on is sinister. He may as well just twirl his mustache and giggle because between this and a human and a mutant essex running around being basically the same character on different sides it's just done at this point.
    I personally like mutant Sinister, but I loathe the existence of the “real Sinister”. The original Sinister was thrilled at the prospect of mutants appearing to serve his theory correct and explore the horrific testing of mutant experimentation. There should be no prejudice in-character for Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    On Charles' whining about Mystique and Destiny interfering with his plans and about him and Erik and Moira brought them paradise...he does remember that Moira planned Krakoa to douse every single mutant in concentrated mutant cure, right? If no one had interferred, Krakoa would either be getting nuked by Orchis or annexed by Russia.

Also, on climate change ending the world...not how that works! Between this and Green I am convinced X-office cannot into environmentalism. I still need to read Iceman Infinity to get the context behind that monologue.
    I don’t know if Charles is aware of that. Was it ever confirmed that Mystique and Destiny told Emma or Charles about Moira’s hidden plan? Because I thought the Council was only filled in about what Charles was hiding.