Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Immortal X-Men #3: Destiny's New Testament - Spoilers/Review

I'm surprised not to see a review thread for this yet; so I'll kick it off...

This might be favorite issue of the series. I love that Destiny is back!

The issue is narrated by Destiny who gives us brief recap of her diaries and meeting Mystique. Mystique and Emma have a great scene evaluating Destiny after last issue. The QC meets and updates Hope to about Moira and Mystique is revealed to have given Hope a Cerebro helmet and resurrecting Destiny. Destiny has a vision and recovers to join the QC to warn them that we will have to fight for our "Immortality" (leading into Judgement Day). Back home, Destiny begins to write her New Testament and cries because in all of her new vision... Mystique was not in one. End.

Mystique and Destiny are leading the X-line into the future! Love that they are back. Great issue. Art and writing were on point.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm surprised not to see a review thread for this yet;
    there's no reviews because there's nothing to complain about. it's perfect. what is there to say?

i am wholly invested in watching jerks getting their comeuppance. it's like watching the Jan6 hearings, except something will actually happen of consequence to the malefactors involved.

sinister is wholly and utterly despicable. like i said: perfect.

Exodus should be an Omega Level Psionic

As always, Gillen did a phenomenal job here, bringing new shades and textures to Irene. Also...

Chile...

Some people think this is Dark Phoenix, but I'm not so sure. At first glance, this character looks to be sporting a Phoenix emblem, but after looking at it closely, it seems off and could be a color of some sort.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I never knew I needed a Gillen-written Destiny. He's masterful with her.

I like that Hope is in favor of telling all of Krakoa the secrets she just learned, and I actually enjoyed Xavier clapping back at Kate and defending his decisions in that panel where she's pointing at him. "I'm sorry. But I'm tired of you all judging the steps Erik, Moira and I took to take you to paradise."

Destiny having the revelation that she can only see so far into the future because Sinister has cloned Moira was quite a moment. It's a delicate dance she has to do with him now, to ensure he doesn't find out that she knows what he's done. The gigantic, intergalactic Exodus was cool.

The council now knows that war is coming and it's time to prepare.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder if Kieron is introducing back the phoenix so that he can have it somehow tie into Exodus' possible future, and his phoenix church.

Also I noticed that nimrod extinction shows up multiple times, wonder if that future is inevitable or just a troll future like "Casandra Supernova"
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

This was good, Gillen's best issue yet.

Also, if we're sharing images of Destiny's visions,:

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exodus should be an Omega Level Psionic
    I was thinking the same thing. From the looks of it in the distant future he will become something more. Scary but cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I wonder if Kieron is introducing back the phoenix so that he can have it somehow tie into Exodus' possible future, and his phoenix church.

Also I noticed that nimrod extinction shows up multiple times, wonder if that future is inevitable or just a troll future like "Casandra Supernova" *picture*
    Interesting. So the future with the farthest reach is the one where The Expanse gets a sequel? Someone sure loves her sci-fi shows.

All those visions and Destiny doesn't see Hellion once. He's really out there, outplaying the precogs and pulling the strings without anyone being the wiser.

Canticle for Talia. Talia Wagner pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    All those visions and Destiny doesn't see Hellion once. He's really out there, outplaying the precogs and pulling the strings without anyone being the wiser.

Canticle for Talia. Talia Wagner pls.
    You're a little canticle. 🥹

A Canticle for Hellion.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I enjoy how after all this time Mystique and Destiny are still horny for each other like they just started dating. It's a nice aspect to off-set how awful of people they are.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This was good, Gillen's best issue yet.

Also, if we're sharing images of Destiny's visions,:

This issue was freakin’ dope. Gillen is killing it on this title!

Did anyone else notice that Logan is sporting his yellow and blue costume, both in this image but also a gray and black (and red) “Sinister-ized” version of it too in that particular vision? Probably just an artistic mistake, but I’m wondering if maybe he’s about to move to an updated version of the yellow-blue outfit to synch up with the X-men ‘97 Animated Series revival? I’m probably overthinking it…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This issue was freakin’ dope. Gillen is killing it on this title!

Did anyone else notice that Logan is sporting his yellow and blue costume, both in this image but also a gray and black (and red) “Sinister-ized” version of it too in that particular vision? Probably just an artistic mistake, but I’m wondering if maybe he’s about to move to an updated version of the yellow-blue outfit to synch up with the X-men ‘97 Animated Series revival? I’m probably overthinking it…
    It was probably inevitable he'd go back to the classic colors at some point although I feel like if he did Lauara would need a new look as well.

Astonishing Member

Mmm yeah, I'm guessing it was an artistic goof. Note that in the Council scenes of everyone gathered around the table, both Storm and Destiny are present, despite the fact that just a few pages earlier, Emma specifically said Storm wouldn't be present that day as she had business on Arakko, and Destiny shouldn't have been there until her dramatic entrance later, considering that she was y'know.....lying unconscious in bed. Awkward.