Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I must say. I am surprised there is no Timeline where the Scarlet Witch does some Foolishness again. Score 1 for her. YAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I must say. I am surprised there is no Timeline where the Scarlet Witch does some Foolishness again. Score 1 for her. YAY.
    LMAO You didn't see AvX VI I'm sure she had something to do with one of 2-5

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The way I rolled my eyes when I saw AvX VI. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The way I rolled my eyes when I saw AvX VI. LOL
    My Eyes did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    *sigh* Yeah, I saw it. And your probably right.

Astonishing Member

Now now. For all we know A vs X II-V could have just been the Avengers trying to bring in Apocalypse first for child kidnapping then for child support. With a stint in jail for grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I totally read it as symbolism too. This is my favorite issue of the series by far. All the insight into Irene and laying out how her powers work was just a masterclass in characterization. I had a cool thought. Since no Moira can die without the timeline being reset, it would be funny if Destiny went from wanting to kill Moira with everything in her to being forced to protect an entire group of Moiras just to keep the timeline intact.
    I mean, Moira herself got killed, in an emergency situation she'd probably have to protect Moira clones, but besides that, if she has time, depowering all the Moiras and killing them would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Big-ups to Gillen for revealing Mystique's subterfuge and having Charles telling the others to cut their ****.

At first, I was like "Man, Destiny figured out that cloning thing pretty fast" but I guess the only way for Essex to access another mutant's powers is through his cloning process so yeah.
    Honestly, it's either "Sinister cloned Moira" or "Sinister gave himself Moira's powers" with that timeline reset, not a lot of possibilities besides those once she realizes that a reset always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now she knows how Moira was living
    Hah, didn't realize that, talk about irony lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ve been saying this from the start. If they didn’t want to revive Destiny then it was an idiotic mistake to give Mystique a council. All the other council members have had some degree of influence and ability to bend the rules.
    Yeah, why did they make her be part of the Council again?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Isn't there a limit?

Hes limited to the birth date and time of each Moira Clone? If I understand correctly. Is the timeline reset from the original Moiras birth or is it reset from the clones. If its from the clones he will have to reset the time line and clone a second Moira for this date at this millisecond.
    From what it looks like, he can reset the timeline based on Moira's clones birth, and the more time advances, the more he can go back, which gives him more and more advantages with these save states since he practically has more prep time.

And he has a bunch of Moiras, Immortal X-Men#1 showed 5, with only one being awake, some of the others looking like they aren't complete, and one is still a fetus.

So he has Moiras for different times in case he needs to go further back, or just go back like 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But the things that really stood out to me is if Destiny now knows about Moira why would she see any blind spots when it was made clear she would know if Moira was around in any life now.
    Maybe she doesn't expect Moira anymore after she got depowered, after all, back in HoX#2 she says she specifically has to look for Moira to find her, with a depowered Moira, she'd have less reasons to look for her, and Sinister having at least 5 Moiras giving it so many possible futures fucked with her head for a bit too, which could make it harder for her to consider Moira while having headaches.

Though honestly, if we think about it more, it shouldn't be just Moira who should be a blind spot for Destiny, time travelers like Cable, Bishop and maybe Rachel should **** with her head too, and whatever other people who have future knowledge like Layla as well, not to mention other precogs... If they mentioned that, it would make a lot more sense for her to not notice Moira particularly unless she's looking for Moira.

Even then, with just the "Moira is depowered and Destiny has little reason to look for her now" logic, she could still be fooled, after all, Moira is still alive as that dumbass robot, while not suspecting it's Sinister with the Moira clones.

So for me it makes some sense why Destiny didn't sniff Sinister out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t know if Charles is aware of that. Was it ever confirmed that Mystique and Destiny told Emma or Charles about Moira’s hidden plan? Because I thought the Council was only filled in about what Charles was hiding.
    Back in Inferno, Emma said that she looks into what people hide, and Destiny talked with Moira like she knew Moira didn't change and was still trying to erase mutants, so likely Emma is the first to learn of it when she looked at Moira's mind and let Destiny and Mystique know to depower her.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I still think that's stupid. All Moira had to do was to leak her cure when mutants were at their lowest after M-Day or after M-Pox, and the world's governments would take care of the rest... Why would Moira help bring back hundreds of thousands of mutants if her end goal were to wipe mutants? It doesn't make sense, I don't buy it...
    Moira did say that she wanted to make the cure so mutant kids don't even know of the "gift" they never had, so it makes some sense for her to not release the cure on adults.

Not that it makes her plan of bringing back every mutant ever to put 'em all on Krakoa any less incomprehensible though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I guess I must have interpreted Inferno differently than others, because I thought the reveal with Moira there was that wanting the cure for mutants was a "her heart's secret desire" kind of deal not something she had any kind of concrete plans about. Was that just me?

(Inferno#4 vol 2).

Sounds like a pretty concrete plan, or at least a vague idea of what to do... And she's admitting to that pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yes, I also understood it that way first. But does this really would have justified how the mutants responded to her? Moira still helped them to create Krakoa and she was one who established a mutant paradise. I'm still not sure I understand what Hickman wanted to tell with Moira's downfall in Inferno.
    It's complicated lol.

You're part of this minority who gets hunted for years, now suddenly there's a place where you can be safe, and it's thanks to this one person, but this same person wanted to wipe you all.

Moira is someone to be thankful for, and to hate, because she did a good thing but was also planning to do a real bad thing.

Maybe Destiny saw in the future that Moira would always try to find a cure for mutants?
    Probably, but her power also meant she could reset the timeline at any time, and since Destiny is sure she refuses to change, yeah... More than enough reason to want to kill Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not just you.

She really took Destiny's threat to heart and I feel was sincerely trying to save mutant-kind. Up until Orchis and Omega Sentinel from the future (which I personally think was an absolute dumb monkey wrench Hickman threw in the mix, at the last just for shits and giggs when he decided to go a different direction with Moira that just made it all the more confusing).

In-story, what drove her over the edge and made her actively reconsider her mutant cure plans was Mystique's interference and death-threats. In her eyes, they were very ungrateful for all that she'd done and sacrificed in her past lives (which was stupid really because, nobody but Charles and Erik knew about her being alive and her lives). She really should have directed all her animosity towards Charles, Erik and Mystique instead but...she joins up with Orchis...the very group and fate she spent her many lives trying to prevent.

I could understand why her fans believe Hickman ruined her...because he did. But only right at the end, imo.
    Moira had weird issues even before Inferno made her plans incomprehensible, the fact precogs are so forbidden is just weird, 'cause they could be hella helpful.

I can understand forbidding Destiny even if it's just for butthurt reasons, but, why not other people too? And why does she allow Mystique around too?

Of course, this pales compared to what Inferno did, went from "Has this logic problem" to "What in the **** hell does she even want?" lol.

Inferno also makes Xavier and Magneto into even bigger morons, from earlier issues, you can assume that they both knew why Moira forbid precogs, but with Inferno, they had no idea 'cause Moira was planning to wipe out mutants with a cure, so why the **** did they trust her that blindly? Sheesh... Inferno had a bunch of characters losing IQ for that stupid plot to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

AvX 2 Apocalypse Wars

Apocalypse in trying to recover ancient mutant secrets discovers a powerful weapon. Avengers don't want him to have it but mutants and X-men defend Apocalypse since it is rightfully mutants

AvX 3 Nation state

Certain nations have taken more strict mutant laws. All mutants publicly outted, separate schools, forced mutant nullifiers in work. Krakoa as a nation starts pushing hostile acts against such nations. Avengers want to keep the peace but feel Krakoa has gone to far when they over throw a nations leader and puts a mutant in their place.

AvX 4 Battle for Sol

Arrako has expanded to now include multiple planets. Their power and reign growing by the day. However things g o south when humans stage a false flag event which causes Arrako to come into conflict with Wakanda. Storm tries to mediate but both sides want blood. Krakoa defends Arrako Avengers protect Wakanda

AvX 5 Wanda not again

Wanda thought she had finally made things up to the mutants with the waiting room. Turns out it her death did more then she thought. When she died Chthon was brought back and choose to lay in wait slowly corrupting the waiting room using mutant energy to strengthen himself. Mutants go on the war path while Wanda gets defended by Avengers and her sons.

Just some ideas of the top of the head

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, it was extremely convincing to me that Exodus had the Phoenix.

Also, I didn't see that Tiny person. I don't think that's Hope honestly that tiny person could be anyone.
    Yeah it could be anyone, it doesn't necessarily have to be Hope ,but it is easier in-story to surmise that it's Hope since Exodus considers her a mutant messiah already ,plus Sinister hinted her appointment would precipitate 'disasters'.It is likely he had already visited the 'Expanse' reality when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not just you.

She really took Destiny's threat to heart and I feel was sincerely trying to save mutant-kind. Up until Orchis and Omega Sentinel from the future (which I personally think was an absolute dumb monkey wrench Hickman threw in the mix, at the last just for shits and giggs when he decided to go a different direction with Moira that just made it all the more confusing).

In-story, what drove her over the edge and made her actively reconsider her mutant cure plans was Mystique's interference and death-threats. In her eyes, they were very ungrateful for all that she'd done and sacrificed in her past lives (which was stupid really because, nobody but Charles and Erik knew about her being alive and her lives). She really should have directed all her animosity towards Charles, Erik and Mystique instead but...she joins up with Orchis...the very group and fate she spent her many lives trying to prevent.

I could understand why her fans believe Hickman ruined her...because he did. But only right at the end, imo.
    Okay, let's do this again:

1. Moira paid heed to Destiny's Life 3 threat, that much is true
    2. At the start of Inferno, in the extended flashback of the Life 3 scene, Destiny does allude to the fact that Moira will forever be doubting Destiny in Lives 4-10
    3. Moira genuinely fought for mutant survival in Lives 4-9
    4. In Life 10, Moira's last confirmed life and last confirmed chance, she finally gave up hope for a mutant future when Nimrod manifested yet again, despite everything she tried, and thought the only way for survival was the cure after all

The reason she didn't want Destiny around was because she knew Irene wouldn't let her go through the failsafe plan of the cure if she ever needed it.

TLDR; Moira panicked and dropped the ball because it was her last life. I don't see what's complicated or unbelievable about that.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-24-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Regarding this issue, loved it.

Not ready for Mystique and Destiny to be separated again, so soon.

Will Raven be a Judgement Day casualty? She kind of needed a break but not NOW after she's finally reunited with her wife dammit. They haven't been together for almost my entire lifetime.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-24-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

2. At the start of Inferno, in the extended flashback of the Life 3 scene, Destiny does allude to the fact that Moira will forever be doubting Destiny in Lives 4-10
    4. In Life 10, Moira's last confirmed life and last confirmed chance, she finally gave up hope for a mutant future when Nimrod manifested yet again, despite everything she tried, and thought the only way for survival was the cure after all

The reason she didn't want Destiny around was because she knew Irene wouldn't let her go through the failsafe plan of the cure if she ever needed it.

TLDR; Moira panicked and dropped the ball because it was her last life. I don't see what's complicated or unbelievable about that.
    That's the way that I always read it too, because that's the only way it makes any sense. I think the reason a lot of people are confused about it is because the writing left her motivations vague and even pointed to the idea that she always had this in mind. Even the Judgement Day teaser has her saying that she had a plan to get all the mutants in one place and deal with them, though that's rob-Moira. So, maybe she's editing her own past there.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I mean, in Inferno itself, the flashback to life 3 is changed to have Destiny sound less evil and point out that Moira failed to change, something that is indirectly echoed in Inferno#4 vol 2, so the idea of "It's only in life 10 she decided to go for the cure" is a possibility, but not absolute.

That's the way that I always read it too, because that's the only way it makes any sense. I think the reason a lot of people are confused about it is because the writing left her motivations vague and even pointed to the idea that she always had this in mind. Even the Judgement Day teaser has her saying that she had a plan to get all the mutants in one place and deal with them, though that's rob-Moira. So, maybe she's editing her own past there.
    Even in Inferno itself it's talked like she always wanted to use the cure on mutants, and she even has a plan for it.

That's a big reason why her character is such a mess, she's one way, suddenly she's another way, not unlike the incomprehensible disaster that was "Maxwell Lord was a villain all along" in DC.

She can be fixed (Maxwell at least became less nonsensical), but honestly not sure if it's worth the effort.

Right now I only like Moira ironically, 'cause I'm curious how much they'll **** her up in the next 5 minutes, it's funny to watch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

She can be fixed, but honestly not sure if it's worth the effort, right now I only like Moira ironically, 'cause I'm curious how much they'll **** her up in the next 5 minutes lol.
    All the X-Men are clones now anyway. Just have all but one of Sinister's clones bite it (after being depowered), and let that be the new Moira. While we're at it, maybe someone could tell her son that she's alive.

All the X-Men are clones now anyway. Just have all but one of Sinister's clones bite it (after being depowered), and let that be the new Moira.
    Problem is if the "new Moira" has the same memories, if so she'd have little reason to be different lol.

While we're at it, maybe someone could tell her son that she's alive.
    She'll likely tell him that herself in Gala, previews showed her as Moira Jane interacting with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Problem is if the "new Moira" has the same memories, if so she'd have little reason to be different lol.

She'll likely tell him that herself in Gala, previews showed her as Moira Jane interacting with him.
    Fair point, and that's cool. I hadn't seen that. Thanks for pointing that out to me.