Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I find Gillen's writing better than Hickman's. There's a nice balance between plot and character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Mmm yeah, I'm guessing it was an artistic goof. Note that in the Council scenes of everyone gathered around the table, both Storm and Destiny are present, despite the fact that just a few pages earlier, Emma specifically said Storm wouldn't be present that day as she had business on Arakko, and Destiny shouldn't have been there until her dramatic entrance later, considering that she was y'know.....lying unconscious in bed. Awkward.
    Oh dang lmao, you're right.

They also had Destiny staring at a board full of pictures and analyzing them, despite the fact that she's blind. But I'm going to assume that was just a symbolic image and not something that actually happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    All those visions and Destiny doesn't see Hellion once. He's really out there, outplaying the precogs and pulling the strings without anyone being the wiser.

Canticle for Talia. Talia Wagner pls.
    Okay, I gotta know. Why the unwavering love for Hellion? He's basically Reggie Mantle with telekinesis. What about that inspires this ceaseless devotion?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Okay, I gotta know. Why the unwavering love for Hellion? He's basically Reggie Mantle with telekinesis. What about that inspires this ceaseless devotion?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Hey, don't knock Reggie. Guy's been around 80 years.

In all seriousness, what I've read of the 2000s New X-Men book doesn't help me understand the devotion to Hellion. He's probably the least interesting character in the issues I've read from that series.

They also had Destiny staring at a board full of pictures and analyzing them, despite the fact that she's blind. But I'm going to assume that was just a symbolic image and not something that actually happened.
    I totally read it as symbolism too. This is my favorite issue of the series by far. All the insight into Irene and laying out how her powers work was just a masterclass in characterization. I had a cool thought. Since no Moira can die without the timeline being reset, it would be funny if Destiny went from wanting to kill Moira with everything in her to being forced to protect an entire group of Moiras just to keep the timeline intact.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Hey, don't knock Reggie. Guy's been around 80 years.

In all seriousness, what I've read of the 2000s New X-Men book doesn't help me understand the devotion to Hellion. He's probably the least interesting character in the issues I've read from that series.
    He's a charismatic bully, which means he gets good one-liners, but he's kinda lost in the shuffle these days. I want to see him interact with Empath.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

All those visions and Destiny doesn't see Hellion once. He's really out there, outplaying the precogs and pulling the strings without anyone being the wiser.

Perhaps he won't ever do anything worth her notice.
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as I enjoy Sinister's Shenanigans I hate that this initial run is centred around him and his shenanigans.

At least Irene knows he's really a gawd-awful PoS. And Charles is a twat for going at Raven the way he did, knowing fully well that Sinister himself has been undermining Krakoa from day one. (And if he doesn't know or believe that then he should be killed and sent to the back of the R-queue for his stupidity.)

All in all, a good issue...a little too talky-talky for me but that's Gillen. Interesting if not entertaining.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-22-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

He's a charismatic bully, which means he gets good one-liners, but he's kinda lost in the shuffle these days. I want to see him interact with Empath.
    I can't recall a single 1-liner from him other than his complaint that losing both of his hands is worse than Karma losing her leg. My first thought when reading your description was 'Rockslide did it better,' though I'm not sure I'd say Rockslide's picking on the other kids and constantly teasing them qualifies as bullying.

What is not clear is which timeline is Sinister trying to create at this point. Are all of those futures ones that Sinister already has info on? Or are they just potential future timelines? I was first leaning towards them being the 25 timelines Sinister had already visited, but there are only like 21 events. We also know from HoXPoX that Destiny could see Moira's future timelines even before she had gone through them (since she knew how many lives she would have).

I'm guessing that we are in the one that ends with "The Storm System" since it's the only one that has "Judgement Day" as part of it, and we know that one is coming.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I wonder if Kieron is introducing back the phoenix so that he can have it somehow tie into Exodus' possible future, and his phoenix church.

Also I noticed that nimrod extinction shows up multiple times, wonder if that future is inevitable or just a troll future like "Casandra Supernova"
    No one expects the Spark Inquisition…
    2F4B89FD-89DD-45E4-A808-B7752B1F1692.jpg

Regarding that future of Sinister, I remember that at the end of Hellions it was seen that Sinister had specifically collected the X-Men samples for his plans. He may be preparing a new clone army.

I can’t think of any other Talia’s it could be.

I never want to find out what the ‘Spark Inquisition’ is.

Gilleon got pretty nasty today. Like Warren Ellis, he has that macabre love of stomach churning bio-infused technology that sane people shouldn't think of. I thought the optic burst muskets rom his uncanny run were disgusting enough, but then he turned Sebastián Shaw into a meat-based vessel to explore the stars.

Kudos to him for the shape-shifting reveal. My one complaint about Essex these last three years is that he's been played off as a joke. Previous versions of him were strong enough to face entire x-teams solo, so seeing him reduced to a snarky cad has been a little sad. What other powers has he been hiding?